Any love for Love?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bryce Love

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:40 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm Idk, chasing these major injury guys the last few years hasn't done me any favors. I guess you have to get lucky and pick the right guys to bounce back from them - plenty definitely do.

Guess my point is, I don't expect to see either Guice or Love play this year as WAS quietly tanks at near-Dolphins levels.

I agree here, I tried holding hurt guys in the past, never worked out well for me. Id imagine odds are low for a player to start their career hurt to have a impactful career, I know their are a few exceptions but id bet the odd are higher they stay irrelevant.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Love or Mostert

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:49 pm

notweswelker wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Lumps wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:24 pm
notweswelker wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:22 pm He's not available in either of my 10 teamers, nor my 14 teamer.
I think he's absolutely someone that should be rostered. People forget just how dominant he was.
His best year at Stanford (2017), was better than Christian Mccafrey's best year at Stanford (2016).

He could absolutely waltz in and explode 2nd half of '19
I'm on board the Love train and might even be conducting. However, collectively I would not say his 17 was better than McCaffrey's 16. McCaffrey's receiving game and special teams play >>>>>>> Love.
The receptions is one thing, but special teams play? Come on now that's not relevant in 99% of leagues

Did you say "what is relevant for fantasy going forward?"

Or did you say, "His best year at Stanford (2017), was better than Christian Mccafrey's best year at Stanford (2016)."

And to casually ignore McCaffrey's receiving prowess ....

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Let's talk... Bryce Love

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Would be nice to see Love play this year - but only if it is not at any expense of long term health.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:44 am

Needing another surgery. I feel for the kid. Somebody gave him some horrific life/career advice.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:00 am

There were definitely rumors/thoughts that a 2nd surgery would be required.

It would have been cool to see him come back in 2019 since their depth chart is wide open with Guice being a total injury risk. Hopefully, we'll see him go off in 2020. The guy will be completely free come training camp next year.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:02 am

That Redskins medical staff all needs to be taken out back and shot
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 am

Doesn't change much for me. I wasn't expecting anything this year and hoped they didn't rush him to action. He didn't/doesn't cost much (might even be on your waivers) and you really are just looking at next year. Hopefully, this is just a clean up of scar tissue and not something more severe.

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:19 am

I picked Love up off waivers following our rookie draft when he went undrafted. unfortunate news- hopefully he can get all the rest needed following this surgery to come back as healthy as possible next year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:18 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 am Doesn't change much for me. I wasn't expecting anything this year and hoped they didn't rush him to action. He didn't/doesn't cost much (might even be on your waivers) and you really are just looking at next year. Hopefully, this is just a clean up of scar tissue and not something more severe.
Even then, I wouldn't be shocked if Washington drafted another RB. Guice has missed significant time with injuries and Love has too. The team needs talent upgrades all around on offense outside of McLaurin.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:30 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:18 am
Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 am Doesn't change much for me. I wasn't expecting anything this year and hoped they didn't rush him to action. He didn't/doesn't cost much (might even be on your waivers) and you really are just looking at next year. Hopefully, this is just a clean up of scar tissue and not something more severe.
Even then, I wouldn't be shocked if Washington drafted another RB. Guice has missed significant time with injuries and Love has too. The team needs talent upgrades all around on offense outside of McLaurin.
Agreed, wouldn't shock me either. I think the best you can hope for is that he heals up, and they have so many other needs that they don't add someone significant. They need bodies regardless, especially if Thompson doesn't come back.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Thoughts:

- There were already reports since early this year that Love is in danger of having permanent stiffness in his knee. That was before this second surgery. This is Marcus Lattimore all over again. Love being on a dynasty roster at all is questionable use of a bench spot. He's worse than a lottery ticket; Bryce Love needs a miracle.

- Unless Guice comes back and immediately balls out to close the season, I think it's extremely likely Washington takes another RB on or before Day 2. Guice's dynasty prognosis isn't as grim as Love's, but he's in danger of becoming a career backup now.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:32 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:20 pm Thoughts:

- There were already reports since early this year that Love is in danger of having permanent stiffness in his knee. That was before this second surgery. This is Marcus Lattimore all over again. Love being on a dynasty roster at all is questionable use of a bench spot. He's worse than a lottery ticket; Bryce Love needs a miracle.
This is significant hyperbole.
"That creates some concern for teams about whether or not Love is going to regain his prior movement -- and in terms of his explosiveness -- and even if he does, how long will it take him to get back to 100 percent," Pelissero said.

There is a specific condition that people have seen before, there is medical literature on it, of that stiffness around the ACL," Pelissero added. "There are different ways you can treat it, potentially another surgery, it would be up to whatever team drafts Bryce Love to figure out what the procedure is going forward to make sure that he's on track.
So the second surgery wasn't even an unexpected possibility.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ning-teams

Lattimore utterly destroyed his knee.

"On October 27, Lattimore suffered a major injury to his right knee during a game against the Tennessee Volunteers.[22] South Carolina football head coach Steve Spurrier stated that Lattimore had dislocated his right knee and torn every ligament, while also suffering nerve damage. "

This was the SECOND time he injured his knee.

Username
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Any love for Love?

Postby Username » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:40 am

I picked Love off the waiver wire in both my leagues this season. Where are you valuing Bryce, does Riverboat Ron being there increase his value?

IE see the last Stanford rb with him... lol
League 1:
10 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4FLEX
10 Bench Spots, 2 IR Spots, .5 PPR

QB Prescott, Dimes, Kyler
RB Etienne, Willians (Den)
RB Charbonnet
WR Hodgins, Thornton, Johnston
WR Sutton, Thomas, Mims, Rice
WR Bateman, Collins, Tillman, Obj
TE Kincaid, Mayer, Kittle, Schultz,
IR
2024 1, 1, 1 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4
2025 1, 1, 2, 3, 4

League 2:
10 team PPR start: Superflex, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, Flex, Flex. 16 bench spots.

QB Jackson, Lawrence, Levis
QB Danny Dimes, Willis, Purdy
RB S. Barkley, C. Akers, N. Harris
RB Z. Moss, AJ Dillon, J. Cook
WR Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson
WR London, Williams, Pittman
WR Johnston, Mims, Batemen
WR DJ Chark, Hyatt, Tillman
TE P. Freiemuth, K. Pitts
TE Andrews, Musgrave
IR
2024 1, 1, 2, 3
2025 1, 2, 3, 4

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Any love for Love?

Postby mild » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:17 pm

I agree, Jordan Love is definitely an interesting and polarising prospect in the 2020 draft, for sure...

... oh.