OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3144
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 am

Blueboy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am
Aaand a warrant for OBJ's arrest because he slapped a cop's bleep.
At the game or separate incident?
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

Online
User avatar
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13075
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am
Blueboy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am
Aaand a warrant for OBJ's arrest because he slapped a cop's bleep.
Lol what a joke. Shouldn't even be newsworthy
Beckham was already undervalued in dynasty...I think I'll send out some buy low offers to see if any league mates thinks he's going to get anything more than a simple fine or probation.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Tyler Lockett, Darius Slayton
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Dawson Knox, Ian Thomas | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 3.08 | 2021 Picks: 1st

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4083
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am

That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

No, obj shouldn't have slapped the guard's butt, but an arrest warrant over it? And they went to the judge for "Misdemeanor sexual battery" and the judge told them to get lost. Then they went for simple battery and it's such a small, small charge judge had to sign it.

Just on a power trip by that department.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, (a TE2 can flex for RB3 or WR3), 1D, 1K
2019: 5th place :wall:
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram,Devonta Freeman, Damien Williams, Hyde
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju Smith Jarvis Landry, T Boyd, G Tate, D Slayton, A Miller, T
TE: George Kittle, Rudolph, V McDonald, Dwelley
D/K: Vikings, Patriots, Titans, Jax Siebert CLE
Taxi- D Henderson, A Mattison, B Snell
picks- 2020 1.05, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06 5 2021- 1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Threepeat Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Haskins
RB: CMC, D Cook, Kamara, D Henry, Gurley, T Cohen, Yeldon, P Barber, M Brown, Riddick,
WR:Hopkins, Diggs, Golloday, Edelman, Arob, Fuller, Westbrook, Hurns, Wright, Dorsett, Higgins, T Patrick, M Harris
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Dissly, Legget
Taxi-
picks- 2020- 0 2021- 3,4,5

User avatar
dynastyninja
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2982
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am
Blueboy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am
Aaand a warrant for OBJ's arrest because he slapped a cop's bleep.
Lol what a joke. Shouldn't even be newsworthy
Beckham was already undervalued in dynasty...I think I'll send out some buy low offers to see if any league mates thinks he's going to get anything more than a simple fine or probation.
I need to get you in my league so I can sell him to you lol

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4332
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am

Ill try and buy in a league that I'm contending.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12342
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:20 am

hockeyBjj wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am
That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

No, obj shouldn't have slapped the guard's butt, but an arrest warrant over it? And they went to the judge for "Misdemeanor sexual battery" and the judge told them to get lost. Then they went for simple battery and it's such a small, small charge judge had to sign it.

Just on a power trip by that department.
Agreed. However it's just another example of bad judgment that night. So many players play the game without this nonsense on the side. OBJ isn't some criminal, but he's certainly not a pillar of the community, either. I wonder if he'll get a meeting with Goodell over it? Regardless, it's the last thing LSU or the Browns need. It doesn't affect his dynasty value, but it does show that he is a distraction for his organization. I doubt it's planned, but this could help him get shipped out of Cleveland, if indeed that's what he wants.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3144
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:25 am

What game was I just watching, I think it was the Tenn/Balt game, and i had to rewind it. A Tennessee player was celebrating on the sideline, near the bleachers, sort of running and waving his arms up. The camera stays on him and he does the butt-slap of a security guard (male) and then does a big butt-slap on either another security guard or cameraman. The second reaction was priceless, but it was just comical. Probably was not too funny to them, but nobody said anything since it was guy on guy, as far as I know.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

User avatar
BucFanJKE
Starter
Starter
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby BucFanJKE » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm sure a few of us have played sports right? I haven't seen a video, so maybe it was something different but I imagine it went down something like this.

Guard comes in checking IDs and seeing if the kids are drinking while they are celebrating in the locker room (which probably isn't his responsibility). OBJ in said locker room with kids tells the guard to lighten up we won and gives him a celebratory football slap on the butt. Guard then wants to try to press charges because he knows OBJ has a reputation of being a head case and wants a nice settlement so he can take his wife/kids on a nice vacation.

Obviously I'm purely speculating. But the fact this is news is silly. How significant of a slap on the butt constitutes battery? Like.. cmon. OBJ is nuts from time to time, but this isn't anything. I assume he was just in a good mood.

How many of us sports fan get super excited when the team we root for wins a title? Even if we aren't on that team or never have been, we love it and get hyped. OBJ has mentored a lot of these student athletes and wears his heart on his sleeve for better or for worse, so I'm sure he was just hyped too.
Team 1- 2018 Champ, 2019 2nd
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 3R, 3W, 1T, 1WRT, 1WT)
QB- Wentz, Watson, Darnold
RB- Zeke, Mixon, Ingram, Dam. Williams, R. Freeman, Pollard
WR- OBJ, Evans, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Crowder
TE- Henry, OJ Howard, Irv Smith, Knox
2020 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 2.01, 2.09

Team 2
PPR (1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2WRT)
QB- Wilson, Winston
RB- Fournette, Henry, Ingram, Sanders, Guice, Hunt, Penny
WR- OBJ, Adams, Juju, Chark, Westbrook, C. Davis
TE- Njoku, Knox, Walker

Team 3- 2019 Champ
.5 PPR (1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2 WRT)
QB- Brees, Wentz
RB- CMC, Zeke, Gordon, Sanders, Peterson
WR- OBJ, Evans, Thielen, Gallup, Landry, Edelman, Isabella, AB
TE- Kelce, Dissly

Team 4
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: Dak, J. Allen
RB: CMC, Saquon, R. Freeman, Guice, Henderson, Duke Johnson
WR: Adams, Juju, Diggs, Metcalf, Harry, AJB, D. Johnson, Isabella, JJAW
TE: Henry, Andrews, Herndon, Irv Smith, Knox, Oliver
2020 Picks: 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 2.01, 2.06

User avatar
MattDeezy
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:27 pm

A late 1st for OBJ worth an offer?
A
12Tm PPR SF TE Premium
1Q|2R|3W|1T|1SF|2FLX
Q: JimmyG, Brissett, Newton, TeddyB
R: Henry, Lindsay, Singletary, Cohen, Samuels, Hill, Ty Johnson, Laird
W: MThomas, DParker, Marquise, Fuller, Slayton, MVS, Stills, Gage, Gabriel, EqStBrown, Harmon
T: OJH, Gesicki, Thomas
2020: 1.05, 1.08, 1.09, 1.11, 2.05, 2.08, 3.02, 4.02, 4.05

B
12Tm PPR TE Premium
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX
Q: Cousins, Flacco, Rudolph
R: Guice, JWilliams, Homer, Wilkins, Laird
W: AJB, Westbrook, Hardman, Beasley, Hamilton, Reynolds
T: Fant, Rudolph, Sample
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.01, 2.06, 2.08, 3.01, 3.08, 3.10, 4.01, 4.03, 4.10
2021: 2, 4

C
12Tm PPR SF
1Q|2R|3W|1T|1SF|2FLX
Q: Dak, Wentz, Goff, Rudolph, Mariota
R: Barkley, Gurley, DJ, Coleman, Penny, Washington
W: KA, DK, Marquise, Miller, Washington, Westbrook, Conley, Pettis, Coutee
T: Waller, Goedert, Herndon, Moreau, Sprinkle

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6454
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

hockeyBjj wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am
That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

No, obj shouldn't have slapped the guard's butt, but an arrest warrant over it? And they went to the judge for "Misdemeanor sexual battery" and the judge told them to get lost. Then they went for simple battery and it's such a small, small charge judge had to sign it.

Just on a power trip by that department.
x2 that security guard is the one that people should probably be looking into.
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, DJM, Hollywood, Cooks, C. Davis, Preston, Parris, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson, Gaskin
WR: DJM, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, Diontae, C. Davis, Lazard, Parris, MVS, AB
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu, Thomas
2020: 1.09, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

RB6
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6426
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby RB6 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm
hockeyBjj wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 am
That security guard in the locker room post national championship win, harassing players demanding too see IDs to see if they're 21 to be smoking, and asking if there's vodka in the Gatorade bottles. Just stfu and quit overcompensating because you couldn't make it as an actual cop

No, obj shouldn't have slapped the guard's butt, but an arrest warrant over it? And they went to the judge for "Misdemeanor sexual battery" and the judge told them to get lost. Then they went for simple battery and it's such a small, small charge judge had to sign it.

Just on a power trip by that department.
x2 that security guard is the one that people should probably be looking into.
HAHA what?!?!
Team 1
10 Team Devy SF .5 PPR 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Watson, Wilson, Tannehill, Lock, Grier
WR: MT, Diggs, Woods, Boyd, Shepard, Deebo, Pascal, S. Sims
RB: Barkley, Ingram, Lindsay, Royce, Henderson, Justice, Boone, Gaskin
TE: Andrews, J. Smith, Higbee
Devy: Tua, Reagor, Akers

Team 2
12 Team .5 PPR 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 2Flex
QB: Watson, Garoppolo, Darnold
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Julio, Kupp, Lockett, Shepard, G. Tate, A. Miller, Pascal, A. Tate, Hamilton, Gage, Perriman, S. Sims, ESB
RB: Zeke, Jacobs, Carson, Darwin, Armstead, De. Washington, R. Anderson, Homer
TE: Andrews, Herndon, Dissly, Moreau

Team 3
12 Team SF PPR 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Rodgers, Carr, Mullens, Stick
RB: Chubb, Fournette, KJ, D. Freeman, C. Thompson, Hilliard, Laird, Adams
WR: Allen, Kupp, Boyd, Dede, A. Miller, G. Tate, Crowder, A. Tate, Pascal, Hamilton, S. Sims, ESB
TE: Andrews, Thomas

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4332
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Edelman gets arrested for misdemeanor vandalism and that thread has 17 posts and took forever to get there. OBJ does less and we're quickly at 41 posts and climbing. A bit biased IMO.

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3144
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm

BucFanJKE wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm
I'm sure a few of us have played sports right? I haven't seen a video, so maybe it was something different but I imagine it went down something like this.

Guard comes in checking IDs and seeing if the kids are drinking while they are celebrating in the locker room (which probably isn't his responsibility). OBJ in said locker room with kids tells the guard to lighten up we won and gives him a celebratory football slap on the butt. Guard then wants to try to press charges because he knows OBJ has a reputation of being a head case and wants a nice settlement so he can take his wife/kids on a nice vacation.

Obviously I'm purely speculating. But the fact this is news is silly. How significant of a slap on the butt constitutes battery? Like.. cmon. OBJ is nuts from time to time, but this isn't anything. I assume he was just in a good mood.

How many of us sports fan get super excited when the team we root for wins a title? Even if we aren't on that team or never have been, we love it and get hyped. OBJ has mentored a lot of these student athletes and wears his heart on his sleeve for better or for worse, so I'm sure he was just hyped too.
I saw the video, definitely not batter of course, but it was not a celebratory butt slap. He looked pretty hammered and kind of a cross of I want to start a fight/I want to mess with you to be a jerk. Law enforcement does not allow you to touch them in even the slightest aggressive matter, any person with a tenth of a brain knows that. I am not sure how that transpires to a security guard or how much that should "lessen" the issue. My gut almost tells me that this became an issue after either law enforcement or the security guard or the company (stadium employee?) saw the video. What is our country's obsession with having to video tape every single second of everything? Unless it is of the actual game itself.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

jenkins.math
Captain
Captain
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Friction wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm
BucFanJKE wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm
I'm sure a few of us have played sports right? I haven't seen a video, so maybe it was something different but I imagine it went down something like this.

Guard comes in checking IDs and seeing if the kids are drinking while they are celebrating in the locker room (which probably isn't his responsibility). OBJ in said locker room with kids tells the guard to lighten up we won and gives him a celebratory football slap on the butt. Guard then wants to try to press charges because he knows OBJ has a reputation of being a head case and wants a nice settlement so he can take his wife/kids on a nice vacation.

Obviously I'm purely speculating. But the fact this is news is silly. How significant of a slap on the butt constitutes battery? Like.. cmon. OBJ is nuts from time to time, but this isn't anything. I assume he was just in a good mood.

How many of us sports fan get super excited when the team we root for wins a title? Even if we aren't on that team or never have been, we love it and get hyped. OBJ has mentored a lot of these student athletes and wears his heart on his sleeve for better or for worse, so I'm sure he was just hyped too.
I saw the video, definitely not batter of course, but it was not a celebratory butt slap. He looked pretty hammered and kind of a cross of I want to start a fight/I want to mess with you to be a jerk. Law enforcement does not allow you to touch them in even the slightest aggressive matter, any person with a tenth of a brain knows that. I am not sure how that transpires to a security guard or how much that should "lessen" the issue. My gut almost tells me that this became an issue after either law enforcement or the security guard or the company (stadium employee?) saw the video. What is our country's obsession with having to video tape every single second of everything? Unless it is of the actual game itself.
Really? I see something totally different. I see a wanna be Barney Fife harassing kids (a college student is still a kid in my eyes) on what is arguably the largest achievement of their life up to that point. For some, that night will be the greatest night of their life, and this rent-a-cop wants to ask for ID's when they are smoking celebratory cigars? Cmon man, that's ridiculous. OBJ gives the dude a hard butt slap and probably tells him to lighten the hell up. The security guard (who I am assuming doesn't get paid great money) probably sees this as a chance to get a few grand from OBJ if he drops the charges.

OBJ is an idiot. That I don't think anybody disagrees with. But if this country and society is outraged and bringing charges over this incident, we are even softer than I thought we were. This is so much to do about nothing.
14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14, .5 PPR
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Kerryon Johnson, Gus Edwards, Pollard, Brian Hill
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju, Cooks, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, Fitz
TE: Njoku, Jonnu
K: Slye
D/ST: Titans, Eagles
DL: Heyward
LB: Littleton
DB: Bell

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3375
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: OBJ: LSU sanctions?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

That security guard is obviously a blast at parties.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Winston, Dalton
RB: Kamara, Gurley, Sanders, Royce
WR: Julio, OBJ, Keenan, Fuller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2020: 1.05


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests