Worst Trades you've ever made.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jwconnel
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Worst Trades you've ever made.

Postby jwconnel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:52 am

My worst trades (recently):
  • During CMC's first season I traded him for Foreman and what I thought would be an early 2018 1st. It wasn't.
  • Used that 1st in a package to trade for David Johnson expecting a return to 2016 form.
  • Traded Sutton for Fant and a 3rd thinking I was selling high after a couple decent games this year with Flacco
  • Traded Watson and a pick for Luck towards the end of last season (not that bad, but painful when Luck surprised us all)
  • Traded AJ Brown and my 2020 1st for Ridley and a 2nd thinking it was the last piece I needed. I came in 5th...
I won several trades too, but these keep me up at night

CooperCrush
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CooperCrush » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 am

jwconnel wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:52 am
My worst trades (recently):
  • During CMC's first season I traded him for Foreman and what I thought would be an early 2018 1st. It wasn't.
  • Used that 1st in a package to trade for David Johnson expecting a return to 2016 form.
  • Traded Sutton for Fant and a 3rd thinking I was selling high after a couple decent games this year with Flacco
  • Traded Watson and a pick for Luck towards the end of last season (not that bad, but painful when Luck surprised us all)
  • Traded AJ Brown and my 2020 1st for Ridley and a 2nd thinking it was the last piece I needed. I came in 5th...
I won several trades too, but these keep me up at night
These are pretty rough!
Team 1: 1 PPR- 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 d, 1k

QB: Stafford, Rivers, Brissett, Fitz, Luck
RB: Zeke, CMC, Mixon, CEH, Akers
WR: MT, Evans, OBJ, Kupp, Jeudy, Higgins, Pittman, Kirk, Diontae, P Williams, Jakobi, Keke, Cain, Boykin, Slayton
TE: Kelce, Irv Jr, Ebron, Moreau, Oliver
Def: Rams, Broncos
K: Koo

Team 2: 12 team 1 PPR-1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex
25 team rosters

QB:Allen, Rivers, Foles
RB: CMC, Jacobs, JT, Carson, Cohen, Eno, Hines, scott
WR: D Adams, ARob, Diggs, Lamb, M Brown, Ruggs, C Davis, Dorsett, Cobb, T Patrick, Meyers, S Miller, Hodgins, Olabisi, Mooney
TE: Engram, Jonnu, Akins

Team 3 48 teams:half PPR- 1qb (6pts TD), 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2flex, 1d, 1pk
QB: Wilson, Josh Allen
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson, Pollard, Bernard, R Freeman, L Miller
WR: Godwin, AJ Brown, ARob, Ridley, Chark, C Davis, JJAW, Ross
TE: Hooper, Herndon, Knox, Oliver, Jonnu
Def: Bills, Saints
PK: Lambo

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:18 am

Mjvb5 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm
Got really drunk and gave up a pair of (late) firsts for AB right when he went to the Pats thinking he’d be the piece that put me over the top.
Around the same time I gave up Landry + MVS (when MVS was a hot commodity) for AB.

This stings as I'm a Landry guy... Bless'M

zoster80
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby zoster80 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 am

- sent Ertz(the year before he blew up)+ 1.08(Hunt)+ j Strong for DeMarco Murray(after his last big year in Tenn)

It’s not as bad now that Hunt got in trouble. But I was hating life when Murray was sucking his last year and retired suddenly and Ertz became the 2nd best TE in the league after waiting 3 years for him pop off.

- Last year I sent Julio for Conner and 3rd last year. Needed RB help and thought Julio was close to done and wanted to sell while still had value. Conner is really injury prone and Julio just reupped his contract and is still posting WR1 numbers.

- Thinking Brees was done, not having faith in some young guys I owned, I wanted to get younger at QB for my contending team Back in 2015 I made a draft day deal of
Brees + Cooks + L Murray + 2.02(David Johnson) for
A Rodgers + Jordy Nelson(on IR with ACL) + Alfred Morris + VJax.
I saw cooks as too little to play in the NFL and had already had injuries in his rookie year, L Murray had shown flashes in the raiders, but was not proven at all and DJ was a rookie who was 3rd in depth chart. I also saw this a good buy low opportunity to get Jordy while injured(perennial WR1).

Brees has our played Rodgers the past 3 or 4 years, cooks has been a high WR2, Murray had few good RB2 seasons and is a good depth piece and DJ was a RB1 twice.

YouMightDieTryin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:28 am

Wasn't a trade, but drafted Ebron at 1.10 over OBJ who went at 2.4 :( I desperately needed a TE (I thought) and he was supposed to be the next big thing. Doh.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Brady, Mayfield
RB: Saquon, Elliott, CEH, K.Hunt, Antonio Gibson, Malcolm Brown, Justin Jackson
WR: OBJ, Kupp, B.Cooks, D.Parker, Jeudy, Pittman, Shenault, Tyler Johnson, ESB, Scotty Miller, Jakobi Meyers
TE: H.Henry, C.Herndon, I Smith Jr
Taxi: Edwards, Herbert
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
:dance: