Patrick Mahomes: The Best QB in the NFL & for Dynasty

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Jfever » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Agreed. ∆ My bet would be that the kid finishes around middle of the pack by year's end. Top five is possibly in his future. He needs time and some luck to get there. The NFL qb possition at this point in time, is much deeper than some are admitting to themselves.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Every year there seems to be fantastic value late in drafts at the QB position. I don't understand why people reach for the sexy names when they don't have a positional advantage. Mahomes definitely has the upside to be a huge value on a team that's probably going to be in a lot of shootouts.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Kid has all the talent in the world. It's what's between the ears that's gonna tell the tale. He has an every year top ten QB ceiling, but I doubt he reaches that this year. The KC defence is secretly very bad so he's certainly going to get the volume.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm

btv802 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:41 am
JTLoh wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:34 am Alex Smith was #4 last year.
Mahomes is better
I stopped paying attention at this point in your argument. Kid is basically a rookie. Don't build up the expectations to unrealistic proportions because you will be very disappointed this time next year.
Being very interested in a player's prospects is one thing, thinking him a great value. But he's not nearly as developed mentally as Smith. Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes valued like Winston- physical tools, but limited situational football awareness.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:35 am

He'll probably be top 5 in interceptions thrown this season, so you can always say that's what you meant!
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:52 am

I took him in redraft as my main QB and I'm on the train. I even named my team "Rollin' w/ my Mahommies". I wouldn't go as far to say top 5, but I do agree with the logic that Alex Smith left a top 5 offense and Kelce, Hill, Hunt and Watkins will get their's + he's mobile. If Watson would have finishing the season last year, he would have been top 5...it's not out of the realm of possibilities, but I'd be happy getting top 10 at the price I got him. I don't see how he can't be a solid guy with the pieces he has around him and the coach/system he's been in and he's brought up patiently. He's learned from great veteran too, which is plus for me also.
Last edited by zoster80 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:23 am

zoster80 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:52 am I took him in redraft as my main QB and I'm on the train. I even named my team "Rollin' w/ my Mahommies". I wouldn't go as far to say top 5, but I do agree with the logic that Alex Smith left a top 5 offense and Kelce, Hill, Hunt and Watkins will get there's + he's mobile. Watson if would have finishing the season last year would have been top 5...it's not out of the realm of possibilities, but I'd be happy getting top 10 at the price I got him. I don't see how he can't be a solid guy with the pieces he has around him and the coach/system he's been in and brought up patiently. He's learned from great veteran too, which is plus for me also.
Feels like “Rollin w/ Mahommies” is the way to go here.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Top 5.
Someday you all will start to listen.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:37 pm

I'd be willing to think top 5 was a possibility except that the Chiefs play the Rams, Jaguars & Broncos (2x). Obviously they get the Chargers & Raiders 2x each but thats 4 games where I'm not sure Mahomes can ball out successfully - and most of them are later games so they'll have more tape to watch on Mahomes.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm

As a Mahomes owner in a superflex league, I loved those little flip passes for TDs. As an owner going against Mahomes in two other leagues, I hated those little flip passes.

He played great today but two of those could have easily been handoffs instead of “passes”. I can’t figure if this is the sell high point for Mahomes or if he is the guy to build your team around in a multi QB start league.

I like Andy Reid and he makes his QBs very solid. I’m excited to own Mahomes in that superflex league, but man his value is never gonna be higher.

I don’t see him as a top 5 QB but I could definitely see him as a top 10. He has a great offense around him.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm

As a chiefs fan it was fun. Obviously his td rate is unsustainable. He is a better version of Trubisky. A worse version of Russell Wilson. It’s going to be awfully tough to evaluate his true ability in Andy Reid’s offense. But I do think he has lots of room to grow while also providing low end qb1 numbers over the year/s. There is nothing that looked like Luck or Rodgers or Brady or Brees about him but I can see how he can still provide good returns. I think more and more teams may move to this style of offense where a mobile, though not necessarily running(cam, rg3) qb provides options and allows for passing offenses to flourish without the need for finding the next Qb that can pick apart an offense like Brees or Rodgers.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 am

I laugh when people try to describe who he is. None of us know. What I DO know is that I'm thrilled to have him for the rest or my life.

I think he's top 5 material.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 am

Mahomes looked good. He only really "threw" 2 TD's, but go credit for 4. Those little shovel plays are going to boost his stats (and Hill's) nicely.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:07 am

JTLoh wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:18 pm Top 5.
It's one game. We shall see. Don't puff out your chest too much yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DonJulio
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DonJulio » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:07 am
JTLoh wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:18 pm Top 5.
It's one game. We shall see. Don't puff out your chest too much yet.
Go look at any film breakdown on him and the traits he shows. Chest puffing is a stretch more than calling him top 5 at this point.