Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12433
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Pains me to say it as a Raiders fan, but this guy is the QB1 in real life and Dynasty. 24-0 and he's already got them back in the game. There is nobody better.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:41 pm

Careful. Incoming Lamar lovers likely incoming lol


FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12433
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:43 pm

DJB wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:41 pm
Careful. Incoming Lamar lovers likely incoming lol
Well, with all due respect, people were debating who the top QB was, and I think after what I've seen today, there is no doubt.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay


FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12433
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:51 pm
Mahomes
+++++++++
Watson/Wilson
+++++++++
+++++++++
+++++++++
And no one is close behind them.
That's my top 3 as well.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
Tvols
Starter
Starter
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:11 am
Location: TN

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Agreed never any doubt .. Lamar who 😂

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Very true.

He slowed up in the middle of this season but it was mostly due to injury. A healthy Mahomes is the best thing you can have.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12433
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:04 pm
Very true.

He slowed up in the middle of this season but it was mostly due to injury. A healthy Mahomes is the best thing you can have.
If the NFL did a reset, and a startup draft, He would be the 1.01 on every single teams board. The guy really is a special football player. My Raiders are going to have their work cut out for them. I just hope he gets a ton of money so they suffer with team depth.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4244
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:04 pm
Very true.

He slowed up in the middle of this season but it was mostly due to injury. A healthy Mahomes is the best thing you can have.
If the NFL did a reset, and a startup draft, He would be the 1.01 on every single teams board. The guy really is a special football player. My Raiders are going to have their work cut out for them. I just hope he gets a ton of money so they suffer with team depth.
Chiefs are waiting for the new CBA and increased cap to sign him to the biggest deal ever. Glad my chiefs will lock him up but constructing a roster will be substantially harder
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12433
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:03 pm

jcc6fd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:13 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:04 pm
Very true.

He slowed up in the middle of this season but it was mostly due to injury. A healthy Mahomes is the best thing you can have.
If the NFL did a reset, and a startup draft, He would be the 1.01 on every single teams board. The guy really is a special football player. My Raiders are going to have their work cut out for them. I just hope he gets a ton of money so they suffer with team depth.
Chiefs are waiting for the new CBA and increased cap to sign him to the biggest deal ever. Glad my chiefs will lock him up but constructing a roster will be substantially harder
It will. It has got to be in the 40 million range. With Reid's scheming ability, I don't see any RB being a highly paid player on the Chiefs. They will draft players for 1 contract, then move on. Mahomes deal should be massive. I wonder how much guaranteed money he will get? Not sure how much the Chiefs have at their disposal, but it should be quite a bit.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2353
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:28 am

Hopefully whoever is forecasting salaries isn't from the John Dorsey regime.

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 am

Just remember that Mahones, UNLIKE just about every other NFL player comes from a family of means, his dad was a MLB player for many years. He doesn't necessarily need the money and probably has a big picture view of his career. I suspect he will work with the Chiefs to derive a contract that is both complimentary to his status as the BEST QB in the league but also the reality of roster construction with a finite cap.

10 years / $250m at $25m per year with cap inflation adjustments annually, all guaranteed.

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6476
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:53 am

Lol Mahomes at $25 M a year. Feel free to call me out when it actually happens
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, DJM, Hollywood, Cooks, C. Davis, Preston, Parris, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson, Gaskin
WR: DJM, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, Diontae, C. Davis, Lazard, Parris, MVS, AB
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu, Thomas
2020: 1.09, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4244
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and for Dynasty

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Cult, I’d love it if you’re right but I doubt it. He’s on every billboard in KC (some really stupid ones), and in the local grocery store commercials in addition to his national ones. Nebraska furniture mart furnished his new mansion for an endorsement. He even got free dog training for an endorsement (remember when his pit bull bit a guy). So unfortunately, I see Mahomes going after as much money as possible
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Guice, Lindsay, D. Henderson, Bernard, M. Brown, J. Jackson
WR: Julio, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman, Ty Williams, MVS
TE: Kelce, Cook, McDonald
IR: B. Love


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hottoddies, MSN [Bot], NobleEagle and 14 guests