Edelman arrested for misdemeanor vandalism

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Edelman arrested for misdemeanor vandalism

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:49 am

Lol. Reads funny because no one got hurt. Just sounds like a drunk argument to me.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/ed ... -vandalism

Edelman apparently doesn't know what to do on weekends in January. 9pm, jumped in the hood of someone's Mercedes. Cops were in the area and got flagged down, said it was apparent Edelman had been drinking, and cited him. Charge likely dropped if Edelman pays for the damages to the car.

33 years old, past PED bust, surgery this offseason, now some drinking/character concern things along with Pats possibly losing Brady and Bellicheck and maybe Josh as well.

Sell for a 4th before he retires?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Edelman arrested for misdemeanor vandalism

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:05 am

Ouch... not good for all the reasons you mentioned. Odd behavior.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:05 am

Yikes

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm

CTE symptoms

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:58 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm CTE symptoms
Or just being rich and arrogant.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:48 pm

Wow, give the guy a break. He's on holiday after a playing a season in the toughest league in the world. Sounds like he's not even getting charged. He drunk too much one night, who cares, for some reason anyone who gets drunk over the age of 23 is labelled an alcoholic meance in the USA.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:53 pm

trader_nation wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:48 pm Wow, give the guy a break. He's on holiday after a playing a season in the toughest league in the world. Sounds like he's not even getting charged. He drunk too much one night, who cares, for some reason anyone who gets drunk over the age of 23 is labelled an alcoholic meance in the USA.
Why? He's an adult jumping on someone else's car and damaging it. Lot's of things you can do on holidays without damaging other people's property, drunk or not. Doesn't mean I'm judging his entire life, but what he did is arrogant. OP mentioned some drinking/character concerns (a former PED suspension as part of it), but where exactly did anyone on this thread call him an alcoholic, or a menace to the country?

BTW, I don't think people are having issue with him getting drunk, it's what he chose to do while drunk they have an issue with. I personally like Edelman as a player, and don't think he's a "bad guy" overall, he's never really done anything major, but what he did was dumb and arrogant.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like you're making an excuse for him having to act like a civilized adult because he just played in the NFL and it's really hard.

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Who knows why he did it, perhaps it was even deserved? More than likely, the car owner did something to piss him off and it sounds like Elderman got revenge and is going to get off scott free. Great work. Unlike most of us Elderman can get liquored up, behave semi-anti socially and not have to suffer the consequences, this doesn't make him arrogant, it makes him blessed. We don't have to worry about people like Elderman, its the moral majority who yynch a guy for a bit of boozy fun we have to watch out for.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:36 pm

trader_nation wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm Who knows why he did it, perhaps it was even deserved? More than likely, the car owner did something to piss him off and it sounds like Elderman got revenge and is going to get off scott free. Great work. Unlike most of us Elderman can get liquored up, behave semi-anti socially and not have to suffer the consequences, this doesn't make him arrogant, it makes him blessed. We don't have to worry about people like Elderman, its the moral majority who yynch a guy for a bit of boozy fun we have to watch out for.
:crazy: Yeah, I think we're about done here. Have a great night.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Guess it's easy to spot who the Edelman owner is in this thread, lol. Acting like a douchebag shouldn't be excused. I don't know about you but whenever I've been drunk or my friends have been none of us have ever decided to jump on top of somebody's car as the main event of our "boozy fun" Edelman was acting like a dick and got put in cuffs for it, good on him. But I suppose the next time I'm on vacation I'll have a new activity to add to the list. It's no big deal afterall, right?

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:38 pm

i was planning on trying to move him this offseason anyway, this incident doesnt really change anything for me, even if i wasnt planning on selling him. you could probably get a mid 3rd to a contender who's trying to load up. but 33 y/o players dont hold alot of value in dynasty outside of a championship run.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:36 pm
trader_nation wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm Who knows why he did it, perhaps it was even deserved? More than likely, the car owner did something to piss him off and it sounds like Elderman got revenge and is going to get off scott free. Great work. Unlike most of us Elderman can get liquored up, behave semi-anti socially and not have to suffer the consequences, this doesn't make him arrogant, it makes him blessed. We don't have to worry about people like Elderman, its the moral majority who yynch a guy for a bit of boozy fun we have to watch out for.
But... He's a football player give him a break! (Heavy sarcasm)

To be fair, it is the truth. Football players get away with more. I doubt this does anything directly to his value, but he's not an ascending player and I'm not taking a chance on him with all of the aforementioned question marks on him.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:48 am

Obviously not a good look for Edelman, but on the scale of suspension to don't care, I don't care at all about this. The most fantasy-relevant takeaway from this incident might be this:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/stat ... 05376?s=20
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:16 pm

He is a prick, so what? Dude is literally on his last leg. His partners (Brady and BB) are on their way out too. If he doesnt follow Brady I find it hard to imagine he stays in the league
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:30 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:36 pm
But... He's a football player give him a break! (Heavy sarcasm)

To be fair, it is the truth. Football players get away with more. I doubt this does anything directly to his value, but he's not an ascending player and I'm not taking a chance on him with all of the aforementioned question marks on him.
Perhaps I just didn't care for the word "blessed". Entitled, maybe, but blessed is perhaps not the best choice, I would think. It has to due with money and status. Other professions like actors etc. get the same treatment. My point was that it's a form of arrogance knowing he's rich and holds some sort of public status, and feels he can get away with more.