Rams offense in 2020

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Rams offense in 2020

Postby honcho55 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:28 am

Looking to start a discussion on this team going forward. I expected regression this year, but maybe not quite this much. And there were times they looked like the powerhouse they were in 2018, but other times they looked completely lost across the board.

Goff, imo, is in that annoying range of QB. I’d guess the consensus is that he played ‘past his potential’ last year. I think you still have to recognize him as a definite starting quality QB, maybe not top ten but possibly top 15, and certainly top 20-25. Still young. Tied to an offensively minded coach. Is there enough reason for optimism?

Gurley, I don’t wanna beat that dead horse. Looking at more of big picture for this team. Since this paragraph is RB... Henderson? Honestly can’t say I’ve seen him do anything, good or bad (which is bad news). Is this team going to draft an RB? Is Gurley gonna reclaim more carries?

WR/TE crew is most interesting to me though. Does Cooks have anything left? Aside from him there’s still at a minimum 4 names that could/should be fantasy relevant in woods kupp Everett and higbee.

What’s your take DLf forum? Is this team what it is now, or are they gonna get their legs back under em and be more like 2018?
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. keep 20 *adding SF and more keepers 2021

QB: Wilson, Dak, Herbert
RB: E Elliot, J Taylor, JK Dobbins, T Coleman, N Bellore
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, A Cooper, M Pittman, A Miller, K Coutee, S Sims
TE. T Kelce, I Thomas, M Gesicki, A Okwugbunam

Futures
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3658
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 am

I highly doubt they draft a RB this year. I think they believe (and rightfully so) the biggest reason for the regression of their offense this year was the complete collapse of their Offensive Line. They went from having a top 5 OL with no injuries last year, to a bottom 10 OL riddled with injuries and lineup changes this year. Restoring that OL has to be the primary focus of the offseason, and then they will get a look at if Gurley truly is shot. The defense was solid, especially with Ramsey in the fold, they were just getting worn out in time of possession and not having an offense that could pick up the slack. If they fix the OL then they'll be able to identify the true weaknesses in other areas of the team, but their primary issues stem from poor OL play.

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:49 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 am
I think they believe (and rightfully so) the biggest reason for the regression of their offense this year was the complete collapse of their Offensive Line.
This is what I think too. The o-line will be better and hopefully McVay can adapt to playing with a weaker o-line in case of injury too.

I'd be buying on Goff, not actively targeting Gurley unless he's very cheap, and cautious with those WRs & TEs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

briank
Captain
Captain
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby briank » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:05 pm

honcho55 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:28 am
Looking to start a discussion on this team going forward. I expected regression this year, but maybe not quite this much. And there were times they looked like the powerhouse they were in 2018, but other times they looked completely lost across the board.

Goff, imo, is in that annoying range of QB. I’d guess the consensus is that he played ‘past his potential’ last year. I think you still have to recognize him as a definite starting quality QB, maybe not top ten but possibly top 15, and certainly top 20-25. Still young. Tied to an offensively minded coach. Is there enough reason for optimism?

Gurley, I don’t wanna beat that dead horse. Looking at more of big picture for this team. Since this paragraph is RB... Henderson? Honestly can’t say I’ve seen him do anything, good or bad (which is bad news). Is this team going to draft an RB? Is Gurley gonna reclaim more carries?

WR/TE crew is most interesting to me though. Does Cooks have anything left? Aside from him there’s still at a minimum 4 names that could/should be fantasy relevant in woods kupp Everett and higbee.

What’s your take DLf forum? Is this team what it is now, or are they gonna get their legs back under em and be more like 2018?
He's 26 years old. The question is, will they ever use him the way they used to?
2019 Champion 12 team PPR 1-2QB 2-5RB 2-5WR 1-4TE start 9
QB: Mayfield, Allen, Winston, Newton, Fitzpatrick, Keenum
RB: Mixon, A. Jones, Jamaal Williams, Bernard, Pollard, AP
WR: Hopkins, Thomas, DJ Moore, Jeffery, Preston Williams, Slayton, Perriman
TE: Ertz, Cook, Hurst, Knox

24 team 2 copy PPR TE 1.5 PPFD 1-2QB 1-7RB 1-7WR 1-7TE start 10
QB: Mahomes, Watson, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Fitzpatrick, Flacco
RB: Mixon, Carson, Murray, Jamaal Williams, Hines, Barber, Washington, Harris
WR: Evans, Woods, Cooks, Fuller, Miller, Diontae Johnson, Ross, Reynolds, Perriman, Edwards
TE: Kittle, Brate

24 team 2 copy PPR TE 1.5 PPFD 1-2QB 1-7RB 1-7WR 1-7TE start 10
QB: Mahomes, Murray, Burrow, Trubisky
RB: Jacobs, Dobbins, Swift, Dillon, Bernard, Lewis
WR: Diggs, Moore, AJ Brown, Marquis Brown, Cooks, Ruggs, Davis, Harmon, Reynolds, Boykin, Meyers
TE: Engram, Njoku, Irv Smith, Everett, Hurst

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5083
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:50 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 am
I highly doubt they draft a RB this year. I think they believe (and rightfully so) the biggest reason for the regression of their offense this year was the complete collapse of their Offensive Line. They went from having a top 5 OL with no injuries last year, to a bottom 10 OL riddled with injuries and lineup changes this year. Restoring that OL has to be the primary focus of the offseason, and then they will get a look at if Gurley truly is shot. The defense was solid, especially with Ramsey in the fold, they were just getting worn out in time of possession and not having an offense that could pick up the slack. If they fix the OL then they'll be able to identify the true weaknesses in other areas of the team, but their primary issues stem from poor OL play.
Whitworth is a free agent this year and I’m not sure the Rams have a huge amount of cap room to go rebuild an O-line through free agency. The draft is a grab bag at the line. I agree that they have to look to fix the oline, and its possible, but I’m not sure its probable.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby honcho55 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:52 pm

briank wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:05 pm

He's 26 years old. The question is, will they ever use him the way they used to?
Yeah still plenty young, but I’m seeing concerning news about repeated concussions? It’s kind of a theme with that entire team: cooks could be a huge opportunity to get in on right now, or maybe he has an early retirement? It’s an interesting team to me
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. keep 20 *adding SF and more keepers 2021

QB: Wilson, Dak, Herbert
RB: E Elliot, J Taylor, JK Dobbins, T Coleman, N Bellore
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, A Cooper, M Pittman, A Miller, K Coutee, S Sims
TE. T Kelce, I Thomas, M Gesicki, A Okwugbunam

Futures
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5

Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby Lumps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm

briank wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:05 pm
honcho55 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:28 am
Looking to start a discussion on this team going forward. I expected regression this year, but maybe not quite this much. And there were times they looked like the powerhouse they were in 2018, but other times they looked completely lost across the board.

Goff, imo, is in that annoying range of QB. I’d guess the consensus is that he played ‘past his potential’ last year. I think you still have to recognize him as a definite starting quality QB, maybe not top ten but possibly top 15, and certainly top 20-25. Still young. Tied to an offensively minded coach. Is there enough reason for optimism?

Gurley, I don’t wanna beat that dead horse. Looking at more of big picture for this team. Since this paragraph is RB... Henderson? Honestly can’t say I’ve seen him do anything, good or bad (which is bad news). Is this team going to draft an RB? Is Gurley gonna reclaim more carries?

WR/TE crew is most interesting to me though. Does Cooks have anything left? Aside from him there’s still at a minimum 4 names that could/should be fantasy relevant in woods kupp Everett and higbee.

What’s your take DLf forum? Is this team what it is now, or are they gonna get their legs back under em and be more like 2018?
He's 26 years old. The question is, will they ever use him the way they used to?
This and the OL issue are one in the same, right? Hard to use his down field speed when the line is playing like bleep.
Last edited by Lumps on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
metalmat
Starter
Starter
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby metalmat » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:49 pm

I think Higbee's value will me very very interesting going forward. He obviously blew up to end the season... even though I own him everywhere I have a hard time trusting him when Everett is back healthy.
14 Tm ppr
QB Wentz, Carr, Minshew
RB Kamara, Mixon, DJ, Coleman, McKinnon, Scott, Dallas
WR Hopkins, Julio, ARob, Fitz, J.Brown, JJaw, Boykin,
TE Ertz, Knox, Jarwin

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Brees, Stafford, Hurts Rosen
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, McKissic, Scott, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, Calais
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, GTate, Stills, Renfrow, ATate, DPJ
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr Picks 3.4,4.4
QB Ryan, Winston, Rudolph, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Guice, Hunt, Duke, McKissic, Dillon
WR Boyd, RobbyA, Parker, Davis, Wilson, Tre'Quan, Miller, Ruggs, Jefferson
TE Hooper, Doyle, Burton, Jarwin, K.Smith, Higbee

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Taysom, Rosen, Bridgewater
RB Justice, Hines, Hilliard, Dallas
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, Hardman, A.Tate, Washington, Coutee, Tre'quan, Funchess, Renfrow, Moncrief, Aiyuk, Proche
TE Kittle, Engram, Sternberger

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby DJB » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 pm

If hey fix the oline I'm buying . I'm also buying Gurley regardless.
Follow me on Twitter @_nickdejong
Follow me and my dynasty team @dynastylife_ff

briank
Captain
Captain
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby briank » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:12 am

Lumps wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:30 pm
briank wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:05 pm
honcho55 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:28 am
Looking to start a discussion on this team going forward. I expected regression this year, but maybe not quite this much. And there were times they looked like the powerhouse they were in 2018, but other times they looked completely lost across the board.

Goff, imo, is in that annoying range of QB. I’d guess the consensus is that he played ‘past his potential’ last year. I think you still have to recognize him as a definite starting quality QB, maybe not top ten but possibly top 15, and certainly top 20-25. Still young. Tied to an offensively minded coach. Is there enough reason for optimism?

Gurley, I don’t wanna beat that dead horse. Looking at more of big picture for this team. Since this paragraph is RB... Henderson? Honestly can’t say I’ve seen him do anything, good or bad (which is bad news). Is this team going to draft an RB? Is Gurley gonna reclaim more carries?

WR/TE crew is most interesting to me though. Does Cooks have anything left? Aside from him there’s still at a minimum 4 names that could/should be fantasy relevant in woods kupp Everett and higbee.

What’s your take DLf forum? Is this team what it is now, or are they gonna get their legs back under em and be more like 2018?
He's 26 years old. The question is, will they ever use him the way they used to?
This and the OL issue are I've in the same, right? Hard to use his down field speed when the line is playing like bleep.
That’s how I see it.
2019 Champion 12 team PPR 1-2QB 2-5RB 2-5WR 1-4TE start 9
QB: Mayfield, Allen, Winston, Newton, Fitzpatrick, Keenum
RB: Mixon, A. Jones, Jamaal Williams, Bernard, Pollard, AP
WR: Hopkins, Thomas, DJ Moore, Jeffery, Preston Williams, Slayton, Perriman
TE: Ertz, Cook, Hurst, Knox

24 team 2 copy PPR TE 1.5 PPFD 1-2QB 1-7RB 1-7WR 1-7TE start 10
QB: Mahomes, Watson, Tannehill, Roethlisberger, Fitzpatrick, Flacco
RB: Mixon, Carson, Murray, Jamaal Williams, Hines, Barber, Washington, Harris
WR: Evans, Woods, Cooks, Fuller, Miller, Diontae Johnson, Ross, Reynolds, Perriman, Edwards
TE: Kittle, Brate

24 team 2 copy PPR TE 1.5 PPFD 1-2QB 1-7RB 1-7WR 1-7TE start 10
QB: Mahomes, Murray, Burrow, Trubisky
RB: Jacobs, Dobbins, Swift, Dillon, Bernard, Lewis
WR: Diggs, Moore, AJ Brown, Marquis Brown, Cooks, Ruggs, Davis, Harmon, Reynolds, Boykin, Meyers
TE: Engram, Njoku, Irv Smith, Everett, Hurst

Johnny B. Goode
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 473
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:34 pm

lol OP, how old do you think Cooks is?
"Does he have anything left"... rofl
12 team PPR
QB: Murray, Lock, Stidham
RB: Barkley, Zeke, Mixon, J. Taylor (R), Dobbins (R), Henderson, R. Anderson,
WR: T. Hill, Godwin, Kupp, Sutton, Diggs, Gallup, P. Williams, Isabella, JJAW, Miller
TE: Engram, Hockenson, I Thomas, Warring
K: Tucker
TD: PIT
Picks: 2021 1, 2021 2, 2022 1, 2022 2, 2022 3

12 team PPR
QB: Darnold, Bridgewater, Stidham (TX)
RB: Sanders, Hunt, Jackson, Ballage, Murray, Samuels, B Hill, Henderson (TX), Ozigbo (TX), Gaskin (TX)
WR: Diggs, Gallup, Kupp, Sutton, Lazard, Isabella (TX), P. Williams (TX), JJAW (TX), Doss (TX), S. Miller (TX)
TE: Rudolph, Graham, Sternberger (TX)
K:
DEF: LAR
Picks: 1.1, 1.3, 2.4, 5.7, 2021 1, 2021 1, 2021 2, 2021 2, 2021 4, 2021 5

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby honcho55 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:34 pm
lol OP, how old do you think Cooks is?
"Does he have anything left"... rofl
Oh, dont get me wrong. I’m not referring to his age lol. Referring to his regression/use, and concussions. I’ve seen some alarming stuff.

Now, maybe that makes him a Buy target? Or a guy to go get cheap in redraft? Dunno.

More I dig in the more I think rams are headed for an uptick next year. Agree OL needs help though.
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. keep 20 *adding SF and more keepers 2021

QB: Wilson, Dak, Herbert
RB: E Elliot, J Taylor, JK Dobbins, T Coleman, N Bellore
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, A Cooper, M Pittman, A Miller, K Coutee, S Sims
TE. T Kelce, I Thomas, M Gesicki, A Okwugbunam

Futures
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:00 am

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:22 pm

If you noticed the last 5 games mcvay began to move Goff around to give him more time to throw the ball. It worked perfectly and the offense looked much better. The exception being the cowboys game where for some reason he stuck with the 11 personnel and had Goff standing there in one spot. Baffling. Of course the rams got blown out and the offense couldn't get anything going, Goff under pressure almost every drop back. I'm not sure what mcvay was thinking in that game.

Anyway it showed the limitations of the oline. They couldn't block anyone straight up. The young guys showed some promise but can they count on them next season? Snead and mcvay need to fix this problem or this season will be the norm moving forward.

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:47 am

Yeah that Dallas game was perplexing. I bet games pretty succesfully, but that game was one of my biggest losses of the year. I really cant quite make sense of it to be honest.
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. keep 20 *adding SF and more keepers 2021

QB: Wilson, Dak, Herbert
RB: E Elliot, J Taylor, JK Dobbins, T Coleman, N Bellore
WR: J Smith-Schuster, M Thomas, AJ Brown, A Cooper, M Pittman, A Miller, K Coutee, S Sims
TE. T Kelce, I Thomas, M Gesicki, A Okwugbunam

Futures
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4
2022: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3
2023: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5

User avatar
Shoreline Steamers
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Rams offense in 2020

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 am

It's going to be tough for the Rams to do much through the draft since they only have a 2nd, 3rd, (3) 4th's, 6th, and 7th. It's possible they could try to trade down to add additional picks, but they're going to have to be hoping for some later round magic. Good health was key to their performance in 2018. Bad health were a big reason for their decline in 2019.

They just need to hope for better luck on the injury front, and work diligently to get younger and improve along the offensive line. Better line play in 2020 would lift all ships for fantasy purposes.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, (RB/WR/TE), K, D

QB: R. Wilson, L. Jackson
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, M. Breida, L. Murray, J. Jackson
WR:M. Thomas, T.Y. Hilton, C. Godwin, S. Watkins, D. Pettis, J. Reynolds, H. Butler
TE: T. Kelce, E. Engram, D. Njoku
2020 Aug. Draft Picks: 1st (late)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest