2020 BAD Trade Offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: 2020 BAD Trade Offers

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:42 am

abloom wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:14 am Just received this one for team #2 in signature (12 team SF)

I get: M Ingram, M Andrews, G Tate
I send: S Michel, C Sutton, 2020 1.03

yea.... certainly looks like a great deal... for him...
Not an offer I would accept, but hardly one to be insulted over in a TE Premium league.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:59 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:42 am
abloom wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:14 am Just received this one for team #2 in signature (12 team SF)

I get: M Ingram, M Andrews, G Tate
I send: S Michel, C Sutton, 2020 1.03

yea.... certainly looks like a great deal... for him...
Not an offer I would accept, but hardly one to be insulted over in a TE Premium league.
I wouldn't say it was insulting. I just thought it was bad. The extra 0.5 ppr that tes receive isnt really enough to make them significantly valuable
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:04 am

Overall no it doesn't improve TEs as a whole, but it does significantly boost the elite TEs, which Andrews is.

inaykipr
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby inaykipr » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:28 am

I was offered the 2020 1.07 for Patrick Mahomes. It is a 1 QB league, but still, it’s not going to happen.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:06 pm

inaykipr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:28 am I was offered the 2020 1.07 for Patrick Mahomes. It is a 1 QB league, but still, it’s not going to happen.
This is an absolute fair offer. Yes Mahomes is dynastty gold, but QB is so deep and easy to reload. They fact that I wouldn't take Burrow at 1.07 tells the story
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:25 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:06 pm
inaykipr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:28 am I was offered the 2020 1.07 for Patrick Mahomes. It is a 1 QB league, but still, it’s not going to happen.
This is an absolute fair offer. Yes Mahomes is dynastty gold, but QB is so deep and easy to reload. They fact that I wouldn't take Burrow at 1.07 tells the story
X2 this isn’t something I’d take for Mahomes but it’s not off enough to wind up here

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2019 Bad Trade Offers

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:26 am

Username wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:16 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 am Does this bother you guys that much? I mean I’ll take a “bad offer” any day over the owner that never sends anything and relies on you to make the offers. Think of them less as “bad offers” and more as “conversation starters”. Getting upset or insulted by someone actually taking time to send something over is being pretty thin skinned. Just get over them “feelings” or emotions or whatever it is, and try to find a deal that does work. Or clam up, get pissed, and miss out on a possible trade. That’s an option too I guess.
This!
Yeah, no, not "this" at all. So many misconceptions and mischaracterizations here I don't know where to begin.
First, no one is "upset or insulted" or "thin skinned" over these trades. We're sharing them for a good laugh.
Second, 99% of these are "conversation enders". Take my 2.9 for JJ and Lindsay for example. I'm not moving those players for less than 3 1st round picks or equivalent. Guy has communicated through an offer that he doesn't want to pay that. Conversation's over. I'm not insulted by the offer (I'm a bit insulted by the fact he accused me of fabricating an NFL.com web page showing Julio's stats but that's another story), I'm just not going to argue with him. I have the leverage, he wants my player, he pays my price.
Goes back to what I say repeatedly, you want to start a "conversation", make it worth the other party's while. The thing about "bad offers" is this...either the other party truly values the assets involved based on his offer - in which case, there won't be an agreement - or he's being disingenuous, in which case he's a bad trade partner. Either way, it's just not happening. Most of us are recognizing that and just walking away to do something more important - like post in this thread and wash our cars in a blizzard or something.
Maybe you two can start a "cool story, bro" thread enlightening all of us of lower intelligence about how you negotiated from an offer of a 2nd round pick for DeAndre Hopkins (which I have in my inbox today, BTW) to getting 4 1sts for him.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:33 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:26 am
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 am Does this bother you guys that much? I mean I’ll take a “bad offer” any day over the owner that never sends anything and relies on you to make the offers. Think of them less as “bad offers” and more as “conversation starters”. Getting upset or insulted by someone actually taking time to send something over is being pretty thin skinned. Just get over them “feelings” or emotions or whatever it is, and try to find a deal that does work. Or clam up, get pissed, and miss out on a possible trade. That’s an option too I guess.
This!
Yeah, no, not "this" at all. So many misconceptions and mischaracterizations here I don't know where to begin.
First, no one is "upset or insulted" or "thin skinned" over these trades. We're sharing them for a good laugh.
Second, 99% of these are "conversation enders". Take my 2.9 for JJ and Lindsay for example. I'm not moving those players for less than 3 1st round picks or equivalent. Guy has communicated through an offer that he doesn't want to pay that. Conversation's over. I'm not insulted by the offer (I'm a bit insulted by the fact he accused me of fabricating an NFL.com web page showing Julio's stats but that's another story), I'm just not going to argue with him. I have the leverage, he wants my player, he pays my price.
Goes back to what I say repeatedly, you want to start a "conversation", make it worth the other party's while. The thing about "bad offers" is this...either the other party truly values the assets involved based on his offer - in which case, there won't be an agreement - or he's being disingenuous, in which case he's a bad trade partner. Either way, it's just not happening. Most of us are recognizing that and just walking away to do something more important - like post in this thread and wash our cars in a blizzard or something.
Maybe you two can start a "cool story, bro" thread enlightening all of us of lower intelligence about how you negotiated from an offer of a 2nd round pick for DeAndre Hopkins (which I have in my inbox today, BTW) to getting 4 1sts for him.
Well said sir.

A lot of these bad offers are likely not that the other owner is awful at making valuations, but that they could be employing a strategy where they are controlling the price by setting the initial bid very low. Which in turns suggests they are only interested if they can buy that player well below consensus value.

It is not up to the owner getting the terrible offer to have to negotiate on the terms set by the buyer, especially if it is a valuable player they have little interest in moving. As a Hopkins owner I am much more likely to engage if you offer up Keenan Allen or Stefon Diggs, than if you offer up Robby Anderson & a 3rd.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Mephistopheles wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:26 am
This!
The point is if another owner has a value that is way off base from you, maybe you could explore that. What other players is he lower on than you, or higher? You may find you stumble into an area you wouldn’t have even thought to look, and find a nice alignment where your value and theirs is way different, but in a positive way. And you can find a deal you like.
Or you can be negative, come from the door with a bad attitude, and shut down the process. If you don’t want to “waste time” talking trade that’s fine. But yes you can sometimes turn an offer you don’t like into whole other offer you do like, just by keeping the communication going. That’s how 95% of trades happen, for me at least. Very rarely is a deal taken, or do I receive one I take, on the first offer.
I’m kinda thinking from your sig we are not going to agree on this whole trade process dealy to begin with though

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:25 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:33 amAs a Hopkins owner I am much more likely to engage if you offer up Keenan Allen or Stefon Diggs, than if you offer up Robby Anderson & a 3rd.
I think this is the biggest issue. Opening offers need to be in the ballpark. We're all trying to pay the bare minimum that we have to, but don't start stupidly low.

On rare occasions, I'll ask someone if they're sick of some player and open to selling him real cheap, but that's only when I have other information saying that's a possibility.

When I receive an very low ball offer that I'd consider posting on this thread, I reply to the offering owner that he's waaay too low and the conversation is over unless he makes a real offer. Try not to take offense to low balls, just brush them off and move on.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:07 pm

Wentz, Sternberger, 2021 2nd for my Lamar & 3.03. Not even going to reply to that one.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 pm

HEADBANGER wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:07 pm Wentz, Sternberger, 2021 2nd for my Lamar & 3.03. Not even going to reply to that one.
Yeah, its not good. But honestly, I don't think Wentz is that far off Lamar in Dynasty. However, based on what the scoring was last year, even in 1 QB, it's a low ball. It's basically Lamar for Wentz straight up. In real football terms, I wouldn't bat an eye, but in Fantasy, not a chance.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:07 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:25 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:33 amAs a Hopkins owner I am much more likely to engage if you offer up Keenan Allen or Stefon Diggs, than if you offer up Robby Anderson & a 3rd.
I think this is the biggest issue. Opening offers need to be in the ballpark. We're all trying to pay the bare minimum that we have to, but don't start stupidly low.

On rare occasions, I'll ask someone if they're sick of some player and open to selling him real cheap, but that's only when I have other information saying that's a possibility.

When I receive an very low ball offer that I'd consider posting on this thread, I reply to the offering owner that he's waaay too low and the conversation is over unless he makes a real offer. Try not to take offense to low balls, just brush them off and move on.
I think the bolded above is spot on. "Stupidly low" is a perfect term.
What's odd about Sugbear's response is that, in my experience both first-hand and in talking with friends who are DFF owners, the ones who get angry or pissed off about those bad offers are generally the ones who initially send the offers and get them rejected or ignored, not the ones on the receiving end. If I have a reaction, it's generally indifference if anything. But I guess people can rationalize anything they want.
When I receive an offer like that, I just either reject or let it expire (depends on the league, some commishes get really pissed off about letting trades expire). If I think it's worth enough of a laugh, I'll post it here (mostly for the sales pitches).
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Just put up the 1.03 on the block asking for offers involving a QB or RB. Got these 4 offers almost immediately.

1. Give: 1.03, Mike Evans
Get: 1.01
2. Give: 1.03
Get: Foles
3. Give: 1.03, Golladay
Get: Bridgewater
4. Give: 1.03, Mike Evans
Get: Daniel Jones

Our player values don't seem to align.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:04 pm

This was for team 2 in my sig. 2te SF league.

Give: Zeke, Michael Thomas
Get: Ertz, Jordan Scarlet, 2020 1.13, 2020 4.13, 2021 2nd.

Same dude also sent this after that was rejected:

Give: Mahomes
Get: Cousins, Jordan Scarlett, 2020 1.13, '21 1st

and, oddly enough as I was typing this the dude just rage quit the league because he got confused by someone cutting some players and thought we were drafting today...the rookies haven't even been added to the site we use yet ffs... :wall: :roll:
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers