2020 BAD Trade Offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2020 BAD Trade Offers

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Mephistopheles wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:31 am Here's a funny one.

I'm in rebuild mode. Draft is ongoing. Guy at 1.5 is on the clock, I'm at 1.6 planning to take CeeDee. Guy at 1.5 sends an offer of his 1.5 for my 1.6 and 2.5 with a note that he's taking Swift if he stays. I don't give a bleep so I reject with a comment that I'm fine where I am.

1/2 hour later he sends another offer of his 1.5 for my 1.6, 1.9, and 2.5 saying he's really really going to take Swift.

If I rejected the first one...why would I, as a rebuilding team in need of the picks, add another 1st to a deal I rejected?

Some people just don't think.
I'm more perplexed about the strategy. Why would someone think that telling the on-deck team who you'll be drafting will make it more likely they do the deal? You just gave up any edge you had to get them to trade! Only way that'd make any sense that I can see is if a previous conversation led them to believe you'd take Swift, or you have Kerryon Johnson.

That ignores the ridiculousness of increasing the price of a rejected trade.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun May 10, 2020 10:42 am

So the guy who inspired the "top 5" in my sig is at it again

Sent this offer this AM:

I give: DJ Moore
I get: Jarvis Landry, Royce Freeman, pick 4.11

His follow up: " I thought this was a good starting point, would give you the Denver backfield (I have MG3 but have expressed no interest in getting the DEN backfield). Moore just isn't very good, I just don't value him very much and now he has a big question at QB this year, and Landry is a stud." Hit 3 of the 5 in one sentence.

When I responded I wanted nothing to do with Landry because he's untradeable, he responded, "no dude he isn't, it's really easy to trade him". (He's been trying to trade Landry for over a year).

Needless to say, no counter.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun May 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Mephistopheles wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:42 am So the guy who inspired the "top 5" in my sig is at it again

Sent this offer this AM:

His follow up: " I thought this was a good starting point, would give you the Denver backfield (I have MG3 but have expressed no interest in getting the DEN backfield). Moore just isn't very good, I just don't value him very much and now he has a big question at QB this year, and Landry is a stud." Hit 3 of the 5 in one sentence.

When I responded I wanted nothing to do with Landry because he's untradeable, he responded, "no dude he isn't, it's really easy to trade him". (He's been trying to trade Landry for over a year).

Sorry if I missed it: did you tattle on yourself in this thread for offering your Julio for 1.3+1.7?

Since it seems 80% of your posts revolve around bad trade practices, seems only fair to criticize yourself as well...
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sun May 10, 2020 12:32 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:08 pm
Mephistopheles wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:42 am So the guy who inspired the "top 5" in my sig is at it again

Sent this offer this AM:

Sorry if I missed it: did you tattle on yourself in this thread for offering your Julio for 1.3+1.7?

Since it seems 80% of your posts revolve around bad trade practices, seems only fair to criticize yourself as well...
Except other than maybe #1, I didn't do any of the things in my sig.
Guy approached me and asked me about the price for Julio, I gave him a quote (1.3 and 1.7), he told me to bleep off. bleep happens when you party naked.
But since you want a follow up, the guy came back to me yesterday and wants to talk. ATM, he's willing to give one or the other of the picks with something else. We're discussing the something else. Looks like it will be either 1.7 and a late 2021 1st or 1.3 with a throw in. Both his ideas by the way. And I'm content with both.
Couple of factors to consider...WR are a premium here. There's 4 flexes but the way the lineups are set up only 2 can be RB and 1 can be a TE. So essentially have to start 5 and maybe 6 WR. It's a weird setup, not my league, and I would not have set it up that way. He's loaded at RB - 5 legit starters but his 5th WR? Tyler Lockett. It cost him in the playoffs last year. If he had Julio, he wins the 'ship. As it was he finished 4th. Cheap price to buy a 'ship.
So it was a high (but not ridiculous) quoted price but it led to a follow up conversation once the emotions were out of it, and without me having to tell him what a great deal it was, or to ignore ADP, or about the risks of the rookies, or how great Julio is. Interesting, I always thought that was the objective of quoting a price.
I usually have more of an issue with people who send out ridiculous cold offers (or counter good offers with ridiculous ones) then try to rationalize it with how great the deal is because the guy I'm trading away sucks and their guy is so great.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun May 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Sent this offer this AM:

Always love it when they offer a trade for someone, then say they aren't very good.

Like, dude, if you really thought that then why are you trying to acquire him? :oops:

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:53 pm

That is one of the biggest annoyances for me too. I make a point to call them out on it every time they try to play that card.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun May 10, 2020 5:01 pm

I think you guys are taking it the wrong way.

Clearly your potential trade partners are letting you know that your player isn’t that good, and they are willing to do you a solid by taking that trash away for you.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Woke up to this gem the other day
Give: Ekeler, DJ Moore
Get: Kareem Hunt, John Ross, 1.10
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun May 10, 2020 6:44 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:01 pm I think you guys are taking it the wrong way.

Clearly your potential trade partners are letting you know that your player isn’t that good, and they are willing to do you a solid by taking that trash away for you.
:lol:

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Guy who constantly sends me trash offers (such as DJ Moore for Cole Beasley and Marvin Jones) posted that his OTC pick was available, but also noted that he'd only take a trade that was an "easy accept". Why would I take the time to come up with an offer if I know you won't take it unless you think it's lopsided in your favor?
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 am

hoos89 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:32 pm Guy who constantly sends me trash offers (such as DJ Moore for Cole Beasley and Marvin Jones) posted that his OTC pick was available, but also noted that he'd only take a trade that was an "easy accept". Why would I take the time to come up with an offer if I know you won't take it unless you think it's lopsided in your favor?
cos maybe you really want a guy that's available.
no problem in saying you want an overpay to trade a player/pick.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon May 11, 2020 9:26 am

Sitting at 1.9 in sig rookie draft. At 1.7, Dobbins and Lamb were still available, figuring they would go 1.7 and 1.8 I said, depending on what happens I am probably looking to move back in these two picks. It goes Vaughn and Dobbins and my inbox BLOWS UP.

How about this offer:
Give: 1.9 (Lamb)
Get: 1.10 and Cole Beasley

I say I am going to make the pick but that wouldn't be nearly enough and he goes, "to move one pick?"
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon May 11, 2020 9:41 am

hoos89 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:32 pm Guy who constantly sends me trash offers (such as DJ Moore for Cole Beasley and Marvin Jones) posted that his OTC pick was available, but also noted that he'd only take a trade that was an "easy accept". Why would I take the time to come up with an offer if I know you won't take it unless you think it's lopsided in your favor?
Send him an offer of Dez Bryant for the pick.
That's an "easy accept",right?

Oh, he means an "easy accept" for him. Got it.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:59 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 am
cos maybe you really want a guy that's available.
no problem in saying you want an overpay to trade a player/pick.
It's one thing to say that to someone who asks if the pick is available. It's another thing to just post that unsolicited in the league's GroupMe. Just make the pick if that's your position (and like I said...it doesn't help my view on this that this dude is always sending me offers that are easy accepts for him).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Put Cooper Kupp OTB as one of the few valuable pieces on an orphan team I just took over in a 14 team IDP league with a note saying I'm looking for picks and/or young players to start a rebuild and got the following offer:

Give: Cooper Kupp
Get: Julian Edelman, 3.09 (#37 overall)

Since I'm new to the league, I didn't know if the other owner was a perpetual lowballer or just seeing if he could take advantage of the new guy. I countered and was able to strike a deal that made sense for both of our teams. :thumbup:
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker