2020 BAD Trade Offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2020 BAD Trade Offers

Postby Mephistopheles » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:07 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am I know this trade may not be considered bad by some AND i know some hardos on this forum are only looking for trades that everyone would consider atrocious to be posted on this thread, i got that but i dont care lol.
i know you don't care, but i don't care that you don't care.
it is bad, could be worked on, some people are high on hunt, this thread hasn't improved thanks to your post, if you got offended by that you are a touch sensible.

:D
I agree wholeheartedly. If he were offended, it would be sensible.

You say "it could be worked on", but the real question is: why should he work on it? He's giving the 2 best pieces in the deal. There's nothing in it for him.

It's the equivalent of a car dealer putting an ad in the paper that they sell cars at $25,000 over MSRP then wondering why there's no customers in their store.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:12 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:30 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am I know this trade may not be considered bad by some AND i know some hardos on this forum are only looking for trades that everyone would consider atrocious to be posted on this thread, i got that but i dont care lol. I got a trade that i personally thought was insultingly bad, like the guy was trying to get one over on me that i want to share and hear thoughts, and this is probably the best thread to do it.

Give Gallup and James White

Get Kareem Hunt and Edelman

Main reason i thought this was awful is because Gallups ADP is a full 2 rounds in a 12 team league higher than Hunt and that i shouldnt have to add a damn thing to Gallup.
There's a fairly wide variance on Kareem Hunt's value these days. While I wouldn't accept this deal, I wouldn't call it outrageously bad. I see it more as a very timid inquiry into you valuation of Hunt. Just respond and let him know where you value Hunt.
I would seriously have considered it if it wasn't for that car incident in January. That thing could be one of those, nothing nothing nothing, then suddenly another 4 or 8 game ban. Have no idea how the NFL will react to it, and am surprised it hasn't really impacted his start up ADP.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:17 pm

I just got an offer in the box of:

Monty, Austin Hooper and a 2021 1st
for my 1.01, 1.02, and Ian Thomas.

That's another one of those deceptively awful deals. Because Monty's startup ADP hasn't fallen too much and he's held onto a lot of his 2019 value, it jerks around with the analyzer (to me), but the sense I get on these boards and in most places is that Monty is someone absolutely NOBODY is buying, and is hard as hell to sell for what's perceived as a reasonable discount loss for the owner.

Analyzer says I lose the deal 1223 to 794.

This isn't like comically bad. Monty still carries value (which surprises me a bit), Hooper is coming off a nice season, and a 2021 first is nice.

However, i don't need a TE (I have Goedert, Njoku, I. Thomas, and 2 2019 rookies I like), I hate Monty, I don't like the 2021 class at RB (which is my only need there), and that's selling the top 2 picks of the 2020 class incredibly cheap.

Again, don't think it's the worst offer ever, you'll see much, much worse, this to me is just an example of a classic bad offer. Someone trying to disguise what amounts to a quarter, two dimes and a nickel for a dollar. I don't really understand these kinds of offers as someone who landed these picks is highly unlikely to trade them so very cheaply.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:45 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:01 pm
stoneghost28 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:11 am Just opened my email to see a guy who took over an orphan just offered me the greatness of Mark Ingram and Manny Sanders likely retirement tours, and a '21 3rd for Courtland Sutton, and Corey Davis. Imagine he's just testing the waters to see if I'm a dribbling imbecile or not (my roster's odd because I've been tanking the past two years to address my RB needs (it worked, I landed the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.06 in the lottery (and AJ Brown with the 1.06 last year) the amusing part was landing the 1.06 w/my own pick despite being a bottom 2 team, when the youtube vid lottery revealed me at 1.06, I was glad nothing breakable was near me, thankfully two firsts I acquired landed perfectly).
Hate to break it to you, but that's called an opening offer. You could easily counter off that to fair value. Maybe it doesnt fit your team and you dont want to counter, but upgrading the 3rd to a 1st solves it pretty easily.

*only caviat being if this is a league where you get bonus points for TDs by players named Sutton
I’m piling on with everybody disagreeing with this, just wanted to make a separate point. I would consider an offer for a player like Sutton that’s off by the difference between a first and third round pick to be a bad offer. Do you disagree?

If somebody sends me an offer and I tell them they need to add a first, that’s just not usually a deal that gets done. How often does somebody tell you to add a first to your offer (for someone who isn’t a first round startup pick) and you actually do it?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 pm

I saw where AJ Brown is currently going in drafts, so I threw him on the block to see what kind of offers I could get for him. Got this one just now.

2ppr scoring.
Get: Lamar Miller
Give: AJ Brown, 2.10
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:27 pm

fantasyhermit wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 pm I saw where AJ Brown is currently going in drafts, so I threw him on the block to see what kind of offers I could get for him. Got this one just now.

2ppr scoring.
That’s a solid offer tbh doesn’t belong in here.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:27 pm
fantasyhermit wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 pm I saw where AJ Brown is currently going in drafts, so I threw him on the block to see what kind of offers I could get for him. Got this one just now.

2ppr scoring.
You did see I would be selling Brown right? In what world is Lamar Miller worth AJ Brown+?
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:48 pm

fantasyhermit wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 pm

2ppr scoring.
You did see I would be selling Brown right? In what world is Lamar Miller worth AJ Brown+?
:lol:
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:22 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:17 pm I just got an offer in the box of:

Monty, Austin Hooper and a 2021 1st
for my 1.01, 1.02, and Ian Thomas.

That's another one of those deceptively awful deals. Because Monty's startup ADP hasn't fallen too much and he's held onto a lot of his 2019 value, it jerks around with the analyzer (to me), but the sense I get on these boards and in most places is that Monty is someone absolutely NOBODY is buying, and is hard as hell to sell for what's perceived as a reasonable discount loss for the owner.

Analyzer says I lose the deal 1223 to 794.

This isn't like comically bad. Monty still carries value (which surprises me a bit), Hooper is coming off a nice season, and a 2021 first is nice.

However, i don't need a TE (I have Goedert, Njoku, I. Thomas, and 2 2019 rookies I like), I hate Monty, I don't like the 2021 class at RB (which is my only need there), and that's selling the top 2 picks of the 2020 class incredibly cheap.

Again, don't think it's the worst offer ever, you'll see much, much worse, this to me is just an example of a classic bad offer. Someone trying to disguise what amounts to a quarter, two dimes and a nickel for a dollar. I don't really understand these kinds of offers as someone who landed these picks is highly unlikely to trade them so very cheaply.
See, to me this is way worse than the other one we talked about. No one would trade either of those picks for all three on the other side, much less add another top 2 pick. This was pointless to bother offering.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:35 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:45 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:01 pm
stoneghost28 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:11 am Just opened my email to see a guy who took over an orphan just offered me the greatness of Mark Ingram and Manny Sanders likely retirement tours, and a '21 3rd for Courtland Sutton, and Corey Davis. Imagine he's just testing the waters to see if I'm a dribbling imbecile or not (my roster's odd because I've been tanking the past two years to address my RB needs (it worked, I landed the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.06 in the lottery (and AJ Brown with the 1.06 last year) the amusing part was landing the 1.06 w/my own pick despite being a bottom 2 team, when the youtube vid lottery revealed me at 1.06, I was glad nothing breakable was near me, thankfully two firsts I acquired landed perfectly).
Hate to break it to you, but that's called an opening offer. You could easily counter off that to fair value. Maybe it doesnt fit your team and you dont want to counter, but upgrading the 3rd to a 1st solves it pretty easily.

*only caviat being if this is a league where you get bonus points for TDs by players named Sutton
I’m piling on with everybody disagreeing with this, just wanted to make a separate point. I would consider an offer for a player like Sutton that’s off by the difference between a first and third round pick to be a bad offer. Do you disagree?

If somebody sends me an offer and I tell them they need to add a first, that’s just not usually a deal that gets done. How often does somebody tell you to add a first to your offer (for someone who isn’t a first round startup pick) and you actually do it?
It depends on your history with the owner. If you get offer after offer like that from the same guy all the time then yeah, trash. If it were a new owner taking on an orphan I'd cut him some slack and send a counter that represented the other end of the spectrum and see if they want to keep at it. If not, it's over in two seconds and not worth getting up in arms about.

Yes I know the age of both guys but fact is Ingram scored more points last year and at the hardest position to fill. You offer me a good RB that I think has two solid years left for a young WR with one really good season under his belt, I'm at least paying attention. I play mostly FFPC where WRs are a dime a dozen and often difficult to get full value for. Him adding a 3rd signals to me he realizes Sutton is more valuable and left room to negotiate. It's that point I counter with either my best offer and say as much, or I go other extreme by offering what would represent me winning by the same margin and say something like let me know if you want to meet in the middle. Again either way, it's over quick.

You offer me that other BS though for 1.01 and 1.02 and I'll be a dick about it.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:37 pm

2ppr scoring.
<word I can't say>.

It's very interesting to see how AJ Brown supposedly carries a top 20-25 value or thereabouts but, like you, I'm not seeing any offers worth a damn either, not that bad, but nowhere close to supposed market value.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:10 am

MattDeezy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:48 pm
fantasyhermit wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 pm

:lol:
r/sarcasm

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:21 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:07 pm You say "it could be worked on", but the real question is: why should he work on it? He's giving the 2 best pieces in the deal. There's nothing in it for him.
he may like hunt, what do i know?
i received terrible offers that turned into a fair deal for both. then again, if you can't stand the fact that someone might think that maybe you aren't the greatest fantasy football GM of all time and get all bitchy, yeah, certainly no point in working on it.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:08 am

Alright this probably doesnt belong here but I thought it was funny so I'm going to share it.

Maybe we need a funny trade offers thread?

Anyway, yesterday i trade took place in one of my leagues where an owner traded away 1.10 for 2.04, 2.06, and 3.10. Today the owner who traded away 1.10 offered me 2.04 and 3.10 for 1.09.

So basicly he want to move up from 1.10 to 1.09 and get 2.06 for free.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:36 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:21 am
Mephistopheles wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:07 pm You say "it could be worked on", but the real question is: why should he work on it? He's giving the 2 best pieces in the deal. There's nothing in it for him.
he may like hunt, what do i know?
i received terrible offers that turned into a fair deal for both. then again, if you can't stand the fact that someone might think that maybe you aren't the greatest fantasy football GM of all time and get all bitchy, yeah, certainly no point in working on it.
I do like Hunt but Gallup is worth more and James white is worth more than edelman. Had he countered with hunt + Edelman or another old vet WR for just Gallup i would have been more open to doing the deal. This trade partner is also my best friend and i just love busting his balls about bad deals so i publicly shamed him and no more talks were done, perhaps in the future :lol: :lol: :lol: