Beware of commissioner

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Seattle Dragoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Beware of commissioner

Postby Seattle Dragoons » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:03 pm

So I joined a league i found on here for 2019. Everything went good all year, just your normal trash talk here and their and questions with it being the 1st year. The commish is UK_Rams_Fan on here.

Well at the end of this year the commish makes known there is a 5 member Senate that is the final determining factor in all rule changes or any league decisions. Which no one had an issue with. I personally don't think it's a great idea, but whatever if thats what he wants to do fine.

So the only question a few of us had was who was in this group. Pretty simple question....i thought. Well the commish completely avoids the question and starts making smart comments and jokes about how it's a secret. Saying things like it's a secret so you can't influence any of them. I'm like so you're saying the 5 people that have ultimate authority are easy to convince or pay off! LOL! Sounds like the perfect guys for the job. Keep in mind that goes on for a day or so. After some very valid points are brought up he says, ohh it's all a joke, the members are not a secret. So we were like ok, who are they. He then says ohh now since yal want to know so bad, i'm not going to tell yal. Bc he "can" and that he's the commish. Basically provoking a couple team owners bc he can.

Unfortunately I had paid my 2020 dues the day prior to this ruckus. I definitely wanted to remain in the league as i was building for the future and built up a quite impressive cache of draft picks. So i go to league safe and use their refund option. If youre not aware it's an option any league member can use to get their refund as long as it's prior to the deadline. Kind of a way to pay at a later time that is more convenient or comfortable for you. The deadline wasn't until September. So after ignoring what all i was saying the previous day. Today he gives the names of the 5 guys in the Senate. So at that point i thought we resolved the issue. We got the simple answer to the simple question we asked days before. I was wrong.......

Then he gives me an ultimatum of leaving the league and getting a refund right now or staying in it. I explained I already told you what I did yesterday, I want to wait to pay this year to see how you handle this situation before i continue to invest in your league. An option that is always available through leaguesafe. I said the deadline isnt until September, and want to stay in the league and that i will pay before the deadline that he has nothing to worry about. The issue is completely over. He said ohh you quit, and immediately blocks me from the league group message and takes my team rights away.

He blamed the entire thing on me as being disruptive. Wouldn't with holding league information from team owners out of "spite" bc you dont like them be more of a league disruption then anything?!?

Definitely immature and very unprofessional. He boasts about all his leagues so figured this would be a good warning for anyone that comes across one of his "shows". Bc that's all it is, a power trip, where his mindset is he's this Commish genious and everyone else doesn't know what they are talking about, always innocent, always right, can do whatever he wants, when he wants bc he's the commish. Just all of a sudden kicks out and blocks one the owners who clearly invested for the future bc he had a disagreement with him. Pretty pathetic individual.
Last edited by Seattle Dragoons on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Beware of commissioner

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Dude needs to get laid. Take your refund and RUN.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Thought this was going to be about Phaded :)

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Weird thing to get so worked up over. I get wanting to know, but knowing wouldn’t have changed anything. Weird for him to make a mockery of it too. Pulling a refund is curious. I get him being skeptical of your move though.

Questionable stuff all around. I’d have expected something worse based on the thread title. Sounds like internal politics issue and move along.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:47 pm

BenChodJamin wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:41 pm Was his name already public information to people on these boards? If not, then you should probably delete it from your post. I feel for you and appreciate the warning, but I just feel like it's not good form.
I had the same thought.

Seattle Dragoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Seattle Dragoons » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:35 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:28 pm Weird thing to get so worked up over. I get wanting to know, but knowing wouldn’t have changed anything. Weird for him to make a mockery of it too. Pulling a refund is curious. I get him being skeptical of your move though.

Questionable stuff all around. I’d have expected something worse based on the thread title. Sounds like internal politics issue and move along.
Not worked up, just giving anyone interested a heads up. There were other questionable things he did but not getting into all of that, but trying to provoke team owners and then kicking them out bc they followed along with your instigation is pathetic and the move of a coward.

And actually i think knowing who the 5 guys are is pretty important. These 5 guys can do whatever they want to the other 32. So if you want transparency which should be top of the list in a dynasty league, thats pretty important.

Also i pulled the refund to wait and see how he handled the situation. I'm pretty sure i should have that right, I don't know many reasons why league safe would offer that option? The deadline is 9 months away. I was one of the only ones who paid already.
Last edited by Seattle Dragoons on Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seattle Dragoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Seattle Dragoons » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:36 pm

BenChodJamin wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:41 pm Was his name already public information to people on these boards? If not, then you should probably delete it from your post. I feel for you and appreciate the warning, but I just feel like it's not good form.
Yes it was, that's how I found him on here. But took your advice anyway.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:49 pm

WBMafia wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:35 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:28 pm Weird thing to get so worked up over. I get wanting to know, but knowing wouldn’t have changed anything. Weird for him to make a mockery of it too. Pulling a refund is curious. I get him being skeptical of your move though.

Not worked up, just giving anyone interested a heads up. There were other questionable things he did but not getting into all of that, but trying to provoke team owners and then kicking them out bc they followed along with your instigation is pathetic and the move of a coward.

And actually i think knowing who the 5 guys are is pretty important. These 5 guys can do whatever they want to the other 32. So if you want transparency which should be top of the list in a dynasty league, thats pretty important

Also i pulled the refund to wait and see how he handled the situation. I'm pretty sure i should have that right, I don't know many reasons why league safe would offer that option? The deadline is 9 months away. I was one of the only ones who paid already.
100 percent. It's ludicrous to not divulge that information.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Sorry you've experienced this. I experienced a similar situation this past season and left the league after the season. A poorly run league is just asking for problems at some point. Better to move on now, rather than wait for the disaster.

My commish claims to rin several leagues....has no bylaws, reopened trading after deadline for himself in 2018, started the 2019 rookie draft without notifying anyone. Allowed 5 unpaid teams to trade with him, then they bailed. Raised the buy in, then paid out to benefit him with the increased buy in, changed trade deadline 3 times in 2019, decided to put a trade to vote. 1 trade in 3 yrs.... I could go on, but i'll just add that there are some people out there running leagues that shouldnt be. Do all you can to be sure that you find a league with a good commish.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:02 am

ruuuuuunnnn. Currently the commissioner of my league, and my goal is always to make sure everything is fair, the league functions, everyone is having fun, and most importantly, transparency. the idea of a senate for FF is kinda silly imo. its a ff league not a government lol. A league should be mostly autonomous.

If I were you I'd run a vote to vote out your commish, if no one wants to partake then cut your losses and find a new league.

a bad commish can ruin your league, dont let a dudes power trip ruin your season.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby robbie80robbie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:52 am

I don't claim to be the best commish but some of these stories make me seem like i know what i'm doing
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:39 am

Did YOU read the rules last year before joining the league? I am sure something was posted about the rules.

Either way agree with others, simply leave the league if not happy pretty simple.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:09 am

In my experience, there's good/ok commissioners, there's great commissioners that go over the top for no reason, and then there's nightmares

Seattle Dragoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Seattle Dragoons » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 am

HEADBANGER wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:39 am Did YOU read the rules last year before joining the league? I am sure something was posted about the rules.

Either way agree with others, simply leave the league if not happy pretty simple.
Yep! Always read the rules. Like I said above no one had an issue with the Senate, and it was in the rules all along. It’s when a few owners started asking questions who it consisted of that’s where the problems started. It’s a group of all his little buddies. They all come to his defense for everything. Kinda like a preschool.

The issue was with holding league information bc he didn’t like one of the guys asking....out of spite....and just bc he “could”. Then proclaimed twice it wasn’t secret that he was just not going to tell us bc he saw it was pissing us off. Not a good look for a Commish. He drug out 3 days of ruckus for absolutely no reason at all. Best definition of league disruption I have ever seen. And then kicks me out for getting annoyed with his childish antics.

Glad I’m gone.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:10 am

WBMafia wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 am
HEADBANGER wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:39 am Did YOU read the rules last year before joining the league? I am sure something was posted about the rules.

Yep! Always read the rules. Like I said above no one had an issue with the Senate, and it was in the rules all along. It’s when a few owners started asking questions who it consisted of that’s where the problems started. It’s a group of all his little buddies. They all come to his defense for everything. Kinda like a preschool.

The issue was with holding league information bc he didn’t like one of the guys asking....out of spite....and just bc he “could”. Then proclaimed twice it wasn’t secret that he was just not going to tell us bc he saw it was pissing us off. Not a good look for a Commish. He drug out 3 days of ruckus for absolutely no reason at all. Best definition of league disruption I have ever seen. And then kicks me out for getting annoyed with his childish antics.

Glad I’m gone.
Trust your instincts. Probably good that you left.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.