Marlon mack

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Marlon mack

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:19 am

He'll be their RB, most likely. He's very good.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:23 am

I see no reason why he wouldn't continue to be their lead back. I think he can catch passes they just prefer to use guys like Hines as 3rd down back etc. Put up nearly 1100 yards and 8 TDs on 4.4 ypc in 14 games played this year and 908m 9TDs at 4.7 ypc in 13 games last year. Should be a perennial 1000 yd + rusher assuming health. Broken hand this year was kind of a freak thing.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 pm

Guessing he will continue to be the RB going forward. Colts have much bigger needs in QB WR and maybe LT if Castanzo retires
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:11 pm

Marlon Mack is David Montgomery with a great line and better situation.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:08 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:11 pm Marlon Mack is David Montgomery with a great line and better situation.
Totally disagree. He's much more explosive and athletic. Mack has 4.5 flat speed, and a great burst. Montgomery has literally no burst.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Yeah that comp is a little off-base. Mack is explosive but is not (or was not) that nuanced as a runner, and Montgomery seems like the opposite of that.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:08 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:11 pm Marlon Mack is David Montgomery with a great line and better situation.
Totally disagree. He's much more explosive and athletic. Mack has 4.5 flat speed, and a great burst. Montgomery has literally no burst.
I meant that he is a JAG and easily replaceable. Nothing special about him. If his situation changes his fantasy production will be that of Monty this season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:49 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:35 pm
I meant that he is a JAG and easily replaceable. Nothing special about him. If his situation changes his fantasy production will be that of Monty this season.
Disagree again. His situation did change. He lost an elite QB, and had a backup as the starter all year. Still put up almost 1100 yards and 8 TD's in 14 games on the ground. That's not a JAG. He's a starting NFL caliber RB in his prime.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Disagree again. His situation did change. He lost an elite QB, and had a backup as the starter all year. Still put up almost 1100 yards and 8 TD's in 14 games on the ground. That's not a JAG. He's a starting NFL caliber RB in his prime.
He has a great line and gets fed a solid volume. That didnt change from last year to this year. Brissett had also shown to at least be competent as an NFL starter. Give a RB a great line and volume and they will produce just fine. Averaging 4.4 a carry isn't even a top 20 number for the season. I don't see anything special about him other than his situation. He is a dime a dozen time guy at his position.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:10 am

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:26 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:49 pm

He has a great line and gets fed a solid volume. That didnt change from last year to this year. Brissett had also shown to at least be competent as an NFL starter. Give a RB a great line and volume and they will produce just fine. Averaging 4.4 a carry isn't even a top 20 number for the season. I don't see anything special about him other than his situation. He is a dime a dozen time guy at his position.
I know I probably won't change your mind, but Mack is way above average as a runner. He was given a decent amount of carries this year, but this year it was more predictable on when the Colts were running the ball due to the QB drop from last year.
For the bolded I think its important to take out those rushers that didn't rush very much for many reasons. If you subtract those under 200 carries he is 12th at 4.4. Subtract those under 150 carries he is 17th.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, AJB, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcich

2024: 1.04, 1.09, 2.02
2025: 1, 2, 3

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Mixon, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, Toney
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 1.11, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 am

Because of the loaded 2020 class, I don't trust any RB in the league that isn't elite. Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, etc. Those guys are safe.

Everyone else is going to see some competition. I see a lot of people saying "I don't see so-and-so spending a day one pick on a RB", which I agree, but this draft is SO DEEP that they won't need to. A team could get a RB in rounds 4-6 and they could compete for the starting spot. I'm going to have a field day analyzing this incoming class.

Mack will be the lead back going into 2020 for sure. Until we see what the Colts do in the draft, it's hard to say how high I would rate him.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:12 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:51 am Because of the loaded 2020 class, I don't trust any RB in the league that isn't elite. Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, etc. Those guys are safe.

Everyone else is going to see some competition. I see a lot of people saying "I don't see so-and-so spending a day one pick on a RB", which I agree, but this draft is SO DEEP that they won't need to. A team could get a RB in rounds 4-6 and they could compete for the starting spot. I'm going to have a field day analyzing this incoming class.

Mack will be the lead back going into 2020 for sure. Until we see what the Colts do in the draft, it's hard to say how high I would rate him.
There's always going to be some sort of competition, especially since RBs get injured, but Mack is a much-improved player, and was basically an injury away from two straight 1000-yard seasons.

I think the Colts could draft an RB, but I don't think they're drafting an RB to replace Mack. They have many more needs on the team than who their starting RB is right now, particularly on the defensive side of the ball and possibly LT if Castanzo retires.

I think Mack is safe. By safe I mean, "a team won't spend high draft capital on an RB specifically to replace him." Even though this class is deep, I don't think drafting an RB in the 6th round means you're in trouble.

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:44 am

Well just sold him for Sutton and marshon Lattimore so either way I see that as a win
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:21 pm

I feel like Mack has always been a "what-could-have-been" player in my mind, and I think very highly of him.

I never understood why Indy has shown a COMPLETE unwillingness to involve him in the passing game. It's not like Hines is some elite pass-catching RB with game-changing ability, yet they consistently took Mack off the field unless it was almost an obvious rushing situation. To make matters even more frustrating for Mack owners / truthers, they FEATURED Johnathan Williams in the passing game during that Thursday night game against Houston where he started for an injured Mack - literally their first drive consisted of 2 DESIGNED pass-plays to Williams, whom I believe was signed off the street just a few weeks earlier and has never been regarded as a plus RB in the passing game.

Mack has also been a very good RB in space - his game & athleticism is more reliant on quickness, elusiveness, and speed rather than power, leg drive, and between-the-tackles ability. Yet the Colts seem to pigeon-hole him into a a limiting role as a 2-down back and played away from his strengths and into his perceived weaknesses.

Anyways, back to his value moving forward. Normally, I'd say his value is worth a top5 rookie pick. After all, he's a 23-year-old starting RB coming off back-to-back top20 seasons (points) and top16 seasons (ppg). However, considering the strength of this class where I believe pick ~10-12 is about as valuable as most draft classes' 1.05 pick, and I'm really considering selling. Especially for a rebuilding team, I'd love to cash in on Mack for a late 1st (and maybe squeeze out some extra value).

Don't get me wrong, I love Mack the NFL player. But Mack the fantasy player has been held back and mis-cast, and is in a situation that I don't see changing for the better anytime soon. And as others have pointed out, considering the strength & depth of the incoming rookie RB class, it unfortunately wouldn't shock me to see him lose his starting job in Indy at some point in 2020 or heading into 2021.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:25 pm

Yeah, and had Luck not retired, Mack was looking at 1500 yards on the ground and 12-15 TD's. Unfortunately, they don't want to use him in the passing game, for some strange reason.