Thank you DLF

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Thank you DLF

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:27 am

Some of you may know where this is going if you happen to be in any of the leagues that I am commish of.

I am stepping away from fantasy football. I just don't enjoy it anymore and I am probably due for a break. Football itself is not nearly as enjoyable to me. I had no desire to even watch any yesterday - I tuned in to the last few minutes of the 49ers/Seahawks and was quickly reminded of everything I dislike about what the game has become. Couple that with looking at the playoff schedule and literally thinking "meh, no interest" was probably the nail in the coffin that I needed. I will probably continue to watch the Raiders and probably the Super Bowl, but beyond that I doubt I will dive too much into anything else. Maybe for background noise if I have literally nothing else to do.

So to my main point - I will also be stepping away from DLF.

However, I wanted to take a moment to thank the community, everyone from the writers, the moderators, and the posters around here. Whether we agreed or disagreed, whether we argued or not, or even if we barely interacted - this community did a lot to keep my passion of fantasy football alive. It was a fun place to come in my spare time, read and post. My first memory of DLF was back when there was an article published about Julius Thomas being a potential breakout, I went on to draft him in round 30 of an ESPN Dynasty Startup which prompted many to say "who?", of course he broke out (at least for that season).

If it weren't for DLF - I probably would have stepped away from fantasy football a few years ago.

So happy new year, happy 2020 - and beyond.
I honestly cannot say if I'll ever be back, but if I'm not - good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Cheers.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Thank you DLF

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:17 am

Take it easy. I did step away from FF in 2016, and it was quite enjoyable, just watching the Raiders and that was it. I can't say I blame you. Then again, they went 12-4 that year. LOL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 am

WHOA! This is crazy. Phaded is 8th all-time when it comes to active users on DLF forums (measured by posts). He's been a part of nearly every thread ever created lol. Such an active dude.

I'm saddened to hear that football doesn't excite you anymore. I can't imagine my world without it. I hope people can step up and fill the big shoes you leave behind both as a forum contributor and league commissioner. Both of those are thankless jobs. I appreciate your efforts in each.

Good luck to your near future. Selfishly I hope you'll be inspired to come back, but if not, that's OK. You're going what's best for you and you did it when the time was right. Adios amigo!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:20 pm

You'll be missed. Your thoughts and opinions carried a heavy weighting for me in my analysis. Hopefully you'll be back, if not - all the best.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:00 pm

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Best wishes Phaded - hope to see you again! Thanks for taking the time to say farewell and not do a Ghosting. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Best wishes , and good luck in all your next projetcs.
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Good riddance.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Best Wishes Phaded.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:56 pm

I certainly have felt burnt out at times. Hope you regain the fire and if not, you find something better.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:33 pm Good riddance.
:surprised:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Hey Phaded, I hope you find enjoyment in whatever hobbies you'll be taking up besides fantasy football.

I've known a lot of guys who've bowed-out of the hobby as we've all gotten older. I also appreciate the amount of time it really takes if you want to be a good owner, and successful against the competition. Sometimes it can feel a little like a grind. If you know your hearts not in it anymore, probably better to burn-out than to rust!

I appreciate your frankness to call it as you see it, and for your willingness to help out the other forum members. All the best to you, moving on. :wave: :thumbup:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Worst year ever for me. I’m quitting too. Thanks for the inspiration, Phaded!

Joking, but I‘be definitely felt burnt out too. Far less desire to research players than in year’s past. I’ve gotten so lazy, as the passion was low this year. Not dead though, but I understand stepping away.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:27 pm

Happy New Year! Generally appreciated your takes and the forum will be a lesser place without you.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:57 am

Cheers. I haven’t been here terribly long but I’ve appreciated your posts for the most part.

I too am a pinch worried about the direction of the nfl here. Unfortunately might follow suit. Not yet though.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st