Coaching Carousel

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Coaching Carousel 2020 version

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:24 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:21 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:09 pm Urban Meyer would be a disaster at the NFL level, he's a big name but he's not a fit for the NFL game. He's a really good coach don't get me wrong, but what really makes him special in college is recruiting, which doesn't exist in the NFL.
Jarvis Landry and Baker Mayfield recruited Odell Beckham...
Ok? Good luck building an entire NFL roster through recruiting. That was Urbans biggest advantage and strength over other college coaches.
My sarcasm font wasn’t on, sorry.

I suppose I don’t post here often enough anymore for you to know I’m quite often not serious in my remarks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm

whaley88 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:05 am Panthers apparently stole rhule from the giants.
Not really. The Giants wanted him, but never got far enough to interview him. To say he got stolen from the Giants suggests the Giants had him all but locked up, and that's not the case. He apparently called the Giants after interviewing with the Panthers, told them the offer, and was willing to meet with them, but the Giants declined to meet the terms. They didn't even bother with the interview.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:39 am

Why do the Browns keep hiring guys who have no experience? This is a team/franchise that needs an experienced, authoritative head coach. A Rivera, a Tony Dungy, a Marvin Lewis. Not some young "up-n-comer" who no one has ever heard of and will command no respect. Just boggles the mind that this team can't be managed better.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:39 am Why do the Browns keep hiring guys who have no experience? This is a team/franchise that needs an experienced, authoritative head coach. A Rivera, a Tony Dungy, a Marvin Lewis. Not some young "up-n-comer" who no one has ever heard of and will command no respect. Just boggles the mind that this team can't be managed better.
Because they have terrible ownership and management who value control and authority over competence and success.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:39 am Why do the Browns keep hiring guys who have no experience? This is a team/franchise that needs an experienced, authoritative head coach. A Rivera, a Tony Dungy, a Marvin Lewis. Not some young "up-n-comer" who no one has ever heard of and will command no respect. Just boggles the mind that this team can't be managed better.
Because they have terrible ownership and management who value control and authority over competence and success.
Speaking of the Browns, now that Dorsey is gone, what is the outlook for Kareem Hunt?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am
Speaking of the Browns, now that Dorsey is gone, what is the outlook for Kareem Hunt?
Wouldn't be surprised he's brought back now with the Stefanski hire. Chubb/Hunt could be a better version of Cook/Mattison.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:40 pm

This is a good point. They do need someone to reel in those personalities. I wouldn't assume Stefanski won't be able to though.

And yeah, the biggest problem is the ownership.
Last edited by Pac_Eddy on Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:05 pm

In the plus column, this hire actually aligns with the vision of DePodesta. If they can get a GM who is on the same page, they may finally have a united leadership group, which would be a huge step in the right direction.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker