Re-drafting 2019

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Re-drafting 2019

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:33 pm

I like what I saw from Harry in his limited action. Looked like a guy that just makes stuff happen with the ball in his hands. If he was on literally any team other than the Patriots I’d be more excited for his fantasy outlook.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:39 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm Harry is going to surprise a lot of people, knocking him down the list due to injury is a mistake . There seems to be a lot of recency bias baked into some of these lists.
A lot of people didn't think highly of Harry, I only had him up my list because of draft capital and others telling me he was good same as Montgomery. It's hard to claim it isn't recency bias but it's been a season and some players have shown the can play at high level in the NFL and others haven't had a chance/haven't shown it yet, but you can't knock people for taking that into calculation. If you take away recency bias of a full season there's no point in having this thread.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:40 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:33 pm I like what I saw from Harry in his limited action. Looked like a guy that just makes stuff happen with the ball in his hands. If he was on literally any team other than the Patriots I’d be more excited for his fantasy outlook.
Yeah. However I still have to put him down, because other rookies have shown out more than he has. I had AJB ahead of him to begin with, and McLaurin has shown enough over a full year to pass him, for me. A year isn't that small a sample size. McLaurin has shown separation skills that I don't think Harry has or will ever have. I think Harry is going to be more like Mike Williams if he is a successful FF player. TD heavy and big plays, but not a ton of receptions.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:43 pm

AussieMate wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:39 pm
thebeast wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:53 pm Harry is going to surprise a lot of people, knocking him down the list due to injury is a mistake . There seems to be a lot of recency bias baked into some of these lists.
A lot of people didn't think highly of Harry, I only had him up my list because of draft capital and others telling me he was good same as Montgomery. It's hard to claim it isn't recency bias but it's been a season and some players have shown the can play at high level in the NFL and others haven't had a chance/haven't shown it yet, but you can't knock people for taking that into calculation. If you take away recency bias of a full season there's no point in having this thread.
Yeah, it's not really recency bias, when it's been a full year and that's literally 100 percent of their NFL careers. Harry was not an elite NFL prospect, he was a back end first rounder. I don't see why it should be far fetched to move a guy like McLaurin ahead of him after his display this year as a 3rd rounder. It's clear that he's a better separator and can make big plays consistently. Most of the players ahead of Harry on the new lists are guys drafted inside the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft, so it's not really that big a deal, to me. I always had AJ Brown ahead of Harry, personally.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 am

I think the majority are sleeping on David Montgomery.

Yeah, the stats weren't there. It's mostly on the o-line, Nagy, & Trubisky. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but he looked like a good, tough, versatile runner who didn't have a chance to make a play. Very similar to Dalvin Cook his first two years. Box score watchers hated him. Vikings fans knew the talent was there.

No guarantee that the Bears will fix what's wrong this offseason, but I like to bet on talent when the value drops. I'll be making offers for him this offseason.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 am I think the majority are sleeping on David Montgomery.

Yeah, the stats weren't there. It's mostly on the o-line, Nagy, & Trubisky. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but he looked like a good, tough, versatile runner who didn't have a chance to make a play. Very similar to Dalvin Cook his first two years. Box score watchers hated him. Vikings fans knew the talent was there.

No guarantee that the Bears will fix what's wrong this offseason, but I like to bet on talent when the value drops. I'll be making offers for him this offseason.
You think Monty looked like Dalvin Cook? Monty doesn't have near the explosion and big play ability Dalvin Cook showed throughout college and when healthy in the NFL. Monty reminds me more of Marlon Mack. If he has a great line and gets fed, he is fine, but you will always worry that he could be replaced easily.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Diontae Johnson getting some mad disrespect in this thread.

(SF) Kyler Murray
Josh Jacobs
AJB
Miles Sanders

(SF) Drew Lock
(SF) Daniel Jones
DK
Diontae Johnson
Marquise Brown
Deebo

(SF) Dwayne Haskins
Terry McLaurin
Nkeal Harry
Singletary

Preston Williams

Andy Isabella
Parris Campbell
Last edited by Sriracha on Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:16 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:33 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 am I think the majority are sleeping on David Montgomery.

You think Monty looked like Dalvin Cook?
No. I was comparing the situations.

I think his bad stat line of a rookie year is causing a nosedive in his value. They have different styles. But when the Vikings changed the offense to utilize the strength of the o-line, QB & RB, the offense really took off as did the value of the RB.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:16 pm

I think his bad stat line of a rookie year is causing a nosedive in his value. They have different styles. But when the Vikings changed the offense to utilize the strength of the o-line, QB & RB, the offense really took off as did the value of the RB.
Montgomery's year brings to mind Lev Bell's rookie season. A lot of similarities.

If Monty wants to turn things around in a big way, he too will need to reshape his body to add explosion and be utilized as a receiver much more often.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Farley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm If Monty wants to turn things around in a big way, he too will need to reshape his body to add explosion and be utilized as a receiver much more often.
He's a very good receiver today. They rarely use him in that role with Cohen there though. He doesn't have the long speed of Dalvin Cook but his game speed is good enough.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:45 pm
Farley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm If Monty wants to turn things around in a big way, he too will need to reshape his body to add explosion and be utilized as a receiver much more often.
He's a very good receiver today. They rarely use him in that role with Cohen there though. He doesn't have the long speed of Dalvin Cook but his game speed is good enough.
I agree. I think Nagy misused him. Especially as the season wore on. It's on the Bears to incorporate him more in the passing game...regardless of Cohen's presence.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Farley wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Montgomery's year brings to mind Lev Bell's rookie season. A lot of similarities.

If Monty wants to turn things around in a big way, he too will need to reshape his body to add explosion and be utilized as a receiver much more often.
No way does he ever touch lev bell. Bell had ridiculous agility scores for his weight before he changed his body. I personally don't see Montgomery as much more than an average NFL running back. Was a good college back, but his lack or burst was obvious, and he just doesn't look like he's going to be anything more than a volume back at the NFL level.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:24 am

MattDeezy wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:29 pm Not a lot of love for Diontae huh.
I was thinking the same thing. There have been a lot of good rookie WR performances this year, but he is right with them in ability and producing when healthy (doing it all with practice squad quarterbacks).

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:59 am

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2020/ ... t-do-over/

Ryan McDowell hosted a 2019 rookie draft re-do that can be reviewed here.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:10 pm

For those of us who don’t have access...

Guess I need to renew my subscription to find out!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01