Early 2020 Rankings - Top 12 QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Early 2020 Rankings - Top 12 QBs

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:14 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:55 pm I also think the "risk of him being a backup" are overblown and I don't view him as year to year as evidenced by my rankings.

Plus personally for QBs - at the top I'm aiming for the high ceiling players.

He turns the ball over sure and that has not gone well in the past - but there has never been a player with the capability of Winston when he's on with a large track of turnovers. That's why he's still in the league at this point and why he will still be the Bucs starter next year.
Perhaps, but they weren't willing to take his 5th year option. Winston has arm talent, but he's one of the biggest boneheads I've seen play at the position in recent years. Teams that turn the ball over that much don't win, it's just how it is. Winston won't be a winning QB unless he cuts the turnovers, and he's shown zero indication he can or will do that. In terms of him being with the Bucs, it really depends on what Winston wants and how much TB is prepared to pay. There is no guarantee Jameis and the Bucs are on the same page financially.
...he's currently playing under his 5th year option...

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dominus » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 am

I see that all these lists so far still include Rodgers. Is everyone still feeling confident he'll be there again next year?

More importantly, do you want him on your roster?

Out of the 14 games he's played this year, only 5 have been games that I'd be happy with (>= 15 points in 4 pt TD leagues). That's a significant difference compared to 2018, where he only had 2 games with < 15 points.

Is this just getting used to a new system? Are you expecting him to be more consistent moving forward?
10 Team "Dynasty"(10 keepers), Year #9 (.5PPR)
2015 Champion, 2016 Runner-up, 2020 Champion
QB(1), SF(1), RB(2), WR(2), TE(1), FLEX(1), WR/TE(1), K, D/ST (Superflex added in 2020, WR/TE added in 2022)

QB: L. Jackson, W. Levis, A. Rodgers
RB: B. Robinson, J. Conner, Z. Moss, Z. Charbonnet, J. Warren, K. Mitchell, T. Bigsby
WR: A.J. Brown, J. Waddle, C. Godwin, A. Cooper, D. London, J. Smith-Njigba
TE: E. Engram, T. McBride

Picks 2024: 2nd, 3rd

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:02 am

Dominus wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 am I see that all these lists so far still include Rodgers. Is everyone still feeling confident he'll be there again next year?

More importantly, do you want him on your roster?

Out of the 14 games he's played this year, only 5 have been games that I'd be happy with (>= 15 points in 4 pt TD leagues). That's a significant difference compared to 2018, where he only had 2 games with < 15 points.

Is this just getting used to a new system? Are you expecting him to be more consistent moving forward?
It hasn’t been a great year for him, but I’m still confident in the talent and I think you can make an excuse for him given the fact that (1) his #1 option missed several games, (2) his other WR/TE options barely look like NFL players, and (3) the new system. I’d understand if you felt differently, but he has 3+ years left and I’m a believer going forward.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:25 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 am
Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:55 pm I also think the "risk of him being a backup" are overblown and I don't view him as year to year as evidenced by my rankings.

He turns the ball over sure and that has not gone well in the past - but there has never been a player with the capability of Winston when he's on with a large track of turnovers. That's why he's still in the league at this point and why he will still be the Bucs starter next year.
Perhaps, but they weren't willing to take his 5th year option. Winston has arm talent, but he's one of the biggest boneheads I've seen play at the position in recent years. Teams that turn the ball over that much don't win, it's just how it is. Winston won't be a winning QB unless he cuts the turnovers, and he's shown zero indication he can or will do that. In terms of him being with the Bucs, it really depends on what Winston wants and how much TB is prepared to pay. There is no guarantee Jameis and the Bucs are on the same page financially.
I don't disagree with anything you are saying. The fantasy upside is there though. Floor is obviously 0 as a backup QB. I thought he was in his 5th year of the roookie contract though??
The Fantasy upside is there, but not enough for me to have him top 6 in Dynasty. The Bucs declined the 5th year option, same with Mariota in Ten. They had to make that decision before the year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:26 pm

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30000 ... a74&sr=amp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ear-option

Also must have missed it but I don't see anyone here putting Jameis Top 6? Edit: oh it was just Phaded :ewink:

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:52 pm

i dont see any duck hodges or rudloph!!! wheres the love steeler nation?

i think tier 1 is: mahomes, jackson , watson, wilson

i'd be okay with wilson in tier 2 also though

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:06 pm

T1
Mahomes
Lamar
Watson

T2
Wilson

T3
Dak
Ryan
Wentz
Allen
Kyler

T4
Winston
Stafford
Cousins
Jimmy G

T5
Rodgers (would move up to T4 with a quality weapon added to the offense - not a believer otherwise)
Darnold
Goff
Baker
Daniel Jones
Lock
Tannehill

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:41 pm

wilson should be #1 on every list. the dude is a top qb every single year which is what you want from your dynasty league qb.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:21 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:41 pm wilson should be #1 on every list. the dude is a top qb every single year which is what you want from your dynasty league qb.
With you 100% here.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Winston and Marriotta were both drafted in 2015. That was their first year in the league. 2018 would've been their 4th year, this year their 5th year. I don't see how this notion developed that their teams didn't exercise their 5th year options given these facts.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:57 pm Winston and Marriotta were both drafted in 2015. That was their first year in the league. 2018 would've been their 4th year, this year their 5th year. I don't see how this notion developed that their teams didn't exercise their 5th year options given these facts.
I didn’t realize that it was whether they exercised the 5th year option or not; rather, I thought it was the fact that they hadn’t already extended them and presumably wanted to get an extra 5th year to decide whether they were worth keeping that was the indictment.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:26 pm https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30000 ... a74&sr=amp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ear-option

Also must have missed it but I don't see anyone here putting Jameis Top 6? Edit: oh it was just Phaded :ewink:
I stand corrected. I remember that now. It was his 5th year this year, and Mariota, what I was thinking was they did not extend the player, which teams typically do before the contract expires. Neither is under contract next year, was what my point was, but I got the specifics mixed up.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 am

...he's currently playing under his 5th year option...
Thats twice in 1 thread that FF has made an obvious error. :think:

The other being that Winston was any where near breaking the INT record. Heck he would need 6 INTs in the last 2 games to finish with a top 10 INT season (which admittedly is possible).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:44 am

Anyone else tempted to put Murray in the top5 of these lists and knocking on the Tier 1 door? Afterall, we're projecting these QB's for next year and beyond, not just solely on how they've performed in the past.

He’s currently QB #7 on the season, despite playing as a Rookie behind a terrible O-Line. He doesn’t exactly have a ton of weapons to throw to (Fitzgerald is washed up, Kirk has been solid but not great and injured), but Arizona should look to add targets in the off-season, and they’ll look to develop Butler & Isabella. And Kingsbury is still working out some kinks as a play-caller and a decision-maker – most notably struggling with red-zone conversions and being too conservative kicking field goals.

We’re also witnessing a 2nd year breakout from a mobile, undersized QB in Lamar Jackson, so the concept shouldn’t be too hard to fathom. I’m not suggesting that Murray will be breaking records next year like Lamar has done this year, but what’s preventing him from taking a giant-sized leap from his already solid fantasy production?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:54 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:44 am Anyone else tempted to put Murray in the top5 of these lists and knocking on the Tier 1 door? Afterall, we're projecting these QB's for next year and beyond, not just solely on how they've performed in the past.

He’s currently QB #7 on the season, despite playing as a Rookie behind a terrible O-Line. He doesn’t exactly have a ton of weapons to throw to (Fitzgerald is washed up, Kirk has been solid but not great and injured), but Arizona should look to add targets in the off-season, and they’ll look to develop Butler & Isabella. And Kingsbury is still working out some kinks as a play-caller and a decision-maker – most notably struggling with red-zone conversions and being too conservative kicking field goals.

We’re also witnessing a 2nd year breakout from a mobile, undersized QB in Lamar Jackson, so the concept shouldn’t be too hard to fathom. I’m not suggesting that Murray will be breaking records next year like Lamar has done this year, but what’s preventing him from taking a giant-sized leap from his already solid fantasy production?
Not quite yet. People put Baker as high as QB2 after 1 year, and that was a mistake. I have more faith in Kyler, though. I think he's close, but I'd have him outside of top 5 still. I don't think his rushing will be much higher. TD passes could go up, but I don't see the rushing getting much higher, they aren't looking to use him like Lamar. They still need to get better weapons on the outside, or have guys like Isabella develop, or Butler. I don't think that they are huge difference makers next year, and Fitz will only be another year older if he comes back, if he comes back. FA class at WR isn't looking that good, so Kyler will be looking at the same weapons, unless they draft a WR early.