Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:55 am
TheNuts wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 am Akers ypc in college was always a red flag. He has still barely played more than 1 game so the jury has to be out

Henderson though, he looked every but as explosive as he did in college. The bigger question, how did the Rams basically give up on him so fast? Why did they burn a 2nd on Akers? Coaches sometimes do not realize the talent on their own team.

I wush I would have pushed to pick up a few more Henderson shares, but I did add one more before the game. Edmonds and a late 2021 2nd for henderson
It's clear they want a committee, and have for a long time. Akers has really great traits and I see why they liked him but like, the point was always that in the NFL, there are very few bellcows. Henderson's explosiveness means he doesn't need as many touches to be effective. As Les Snead said in 2019, they envisioned Alvin Kamara like role for Henderson. Still leaves a sizeable chunk for Akers. Just not what people paid for him.

But like, any team with that quality of OL who takes RB and WR so high in a draft without a 1st round pick has serious managerial problems.
Being pro active. A 17 game NFL season is on the horizon. Multiple backs are a must. Not saying the draft capital they sunk in was a great idea, but we shall see. Perhaps McVay feels he can coach up an OL and call plays well enough to give higher pedigree backs room to succeed. HENDO has definitely done that over the past few games. HENDO was a 3rd round pick, and took a year to acclimate. If HENDO could do it, as a 3rd rounder, surely Akers can at some point. HENDO looked lost in the system last year, much like Akers does right now. I think the success HENDO if finding gives Akers hope down the line, to potentially match HENDO's production, or even beat it, seeing as he was an earlier draft pick to HENDO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:07 am
TheNuts wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 am
Being pro active. A 17 game NFL season is on the horizon. Multiple backs are a must. Not saying the draft capital they sunk in was a great idea, but we shall see. Perhaps McVay feels he can coach up an OL and call plays well enough to give higher pedigree backs room to succeed. HENDO has definitely done that over the past few games. HENDO was a 3rd round pick, and took a year to acclimate. If HENDO could do it, as a 3rd rounder, surely Akers can at some point. HENDO looked lost in the system last year, much like Akers does right now. I think the success HENDO if finding gives Akers hope down the line, to potentially match HENDO's production, or even beat it, seeing as he was an earlier draft pick to HENDO.
I agree that Akers could still come out ahead, definitely. But Akers big strength in many evaluations was his ability to produce behind a terrible FSU line. I'd be worried that they are showing their future plans regarding where they will invest their capital, especially since they don't have a 2021 1st.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 am

errrrr, i'm supposed to be hyperbolic so people will think i'm smart. so.

take that FAkers stans!!

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:33 am

So in a thread where Henderson was given his last rites prematurely people are already doing the same for Akers?

You guys.....

Maybe redraft forums are for you.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:37 am

So in a thread where Henderson was given his last rites prematurely people are already doing the same for Akers?

You guys.....

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm i wouldn't give a 1st for barkley now. i want my players to actually be on the field.
This you?

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:37 am

You guys.....

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm i wouldn't give a 1st for barkley now. i want my players to actually be on the field.
This you?
Yep. I also said i wouldn't sell him for a 1st either.

What's your point?

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 am

You guys.....

This you?

What's your point?
Maybe, my point is the Cam Fakers was no where near the football field yesterday. His poor wittle wibs couldn't handle the punishment of NFL competition. I want my players to be on the field.

Or maybe, it's that after a year+ of Darrell Henderson being a running joke on the forum because of his value being all "hype and situation", it's Darrell Henderson's job to lose because he earned it. Also, google hyperbolic.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 am

You can say that Henderson looks great without putting down Akers. Akers has played 1 game + 1 drive!
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:56 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 am You can say that Henderson looks great without putting down Akers. Akers has played 1 game + 1 drive!
themburns wrote: Akers has really great traits and I see why they liked him but like, the point was always that in the NFL, there are very few bellcows. .....
Still leaves a sizeable chunk for Akers. Just not what people paid for him....
I agree that Akers could still come out ahead, definitely.....
Also, google hyperbolic.
Just what a Fakers stan would want you to believe!

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:58 am

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 am

This you?

What's your point?
Maybe, my point is the Cam Fakers was no where near the football field yesterday. His poor wittle wibs couldn't handle the punishment of NFL competition. I want my players to be on the field.

Or maybe, it's that after a year+ of Darrell Henderson being a running joke on the forum because of his value being all "hype and situation", it's Darrell Henderson's job to lose because he earned it. Also, google hyperbolic.
what makes you think my post was directed at you? if i wanted it directed at you i would have quoted your post.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:59 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:58 am
themburns wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 am

What's your point?

what makes you think my post was directed at you? if i wanted it directed at you i would have quoted your post.
Who wrote off Fakers?

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:04 am

Henderson+Akers=Freeman+Coleman from a few years ago. Both should be usable in fantasy when they're healthy and brown isn't vulturing.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 am

brown will keep vulturing for this season at least, looks like they trust him in critical situations.
akers didn't look good at all, head down and hope to find a hole... but it's one game, without much of a preseason.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:54 am

Henderson looks explosive this year. I think much of it is probably due to the Oline and Goff looking better, but he's definitely outproducing Brown and Akers.

This will likely continue to be a rotation of all three backs. They clearly saw something they liked in each of them. That said, if Henderson keeps rolling like he is there is no way he doesn't keep seeing the field on a consistent basis.

As many did, i probably wrote him off too soon...but i never dumped him for pennies. I think the major disconnect with these guys is their value. Either player in the mid 1st was a stretch.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:10 am

TheNuts wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:45 am Akers ypc in college was always a red flag. He has still barely played more than 1 game so the jury has to be out

Henderson though, he looked every but as explosive as he did in college. The bigger question, how did the Rams basically give up on him so fast? Why did they burn a 2nd on Akers? Coaches sometimes do not realize the talent on their own team.

I wush I would have pushed to pick up a few more Henderson shares, but I did add one more before the game. Edmonds and a late 2021 2nd for henderson
But like, any team with that quality of OL who takes RB and WR so high in a draft without a 1st round pick has serious managerial problems.
What’s wrong with the Rams o-line?
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x