Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:11 pm

I-ROK wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:03 pm I don’t own any part of this backfield but I remember reading Henderson was #1 in broken tackle percentage among RBs with 20+ carries. Every time I saw him play he reminded me of Aaron Jones during his first and second year- very explosive and efficient. The blown assignment thing is a red flag and he has to correct that this year to get any playing time, but his owners might be able to salvage something from him going forward.

I’m not a big fan of Akers but I think he ends up getting the bulk of the carries and Henderson is used in an Aaron Jones type role of maybe 10 touches a game. I can see Henderson being the primary receiving back, especially since the coach says he wants to use everyone and that is the most logical role for Henderson as far as I’m concerned. Some concerning flags so far, and drafting Akers isn’t a great vote of confidence, but I also don’t see it as a sign LA is moving away from Henderson all together.
Aaron Jones of years ago?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

I-ROK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby I-ROK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:11 pm
I-ROK wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:03 pm I don’t own any part of this backfield but I remember reading Henderson was #1 in broken tackle percentage among RBs with 20+ carries. Every time I saw him play he reminded me of Aaron Jones during his first and second year- very explosive and efficient. The blown assignment thing is a red flag and he has to correct that this year to get any playing time, but his owners might be able to salvage something from him going forward.

I’m not a big fan of Akers but I think he ends up getting the bulk of the carries and Henderson is used in an Aaron Jones type role of maybe 10 touches a game. I can see Henderson being the primary receiving back, especially since the coach says he wants to use everyone and that is the most logical role for Henderson as far as I’m concerned. Some concerning flags so far, and drafting Akers isn’t a great vote of confidence, but I also don’t see it as a sign LA is moving away from Henderson all together.
Aaron Jones of years ago?
2-3 years ago sure. 2019, no. I thought I made that clear when I said he reminded me of Aaron Jones during his first and second year...

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:21 am
Valhalla wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 am
If you search my posts and read the 2 articles I wrote on Darrell Henderon, this was my biggest complaint over and over. You could go back 2-3 pages on this thread alone to see some of it.

All players enter the NFL with talent. These are the best of the best. One thing that separates those who can from those who can't is mental capacity. When I read articles or watch interviews from the all-time greats in the NFL, this is repeated most often along with work ethic. DH doesn't have it. RoJo doesn't have it. VAUGHN -- watch out folks -- doesn't have it.

I avoid such players at all costs.
Not that I don't agree (I steer away from guys who seem less professional as well), but there have been some VERY good players that don't come across as professionals.
I'm curious to hear your input on this. HOW are you gauging their mental capacity? Is it their dialect in an interview? How many times they say "umm" "y'know what I'm sayin" and "erybody"...? Is it what prior coaches say about them picking up on the system? Is it a response of pure cliche answers in interviews? By mental capacity do you moreso mean their ability to pick up on the rigorous demands of the workouts and expanded playbooks far beyond what was asked of them in college? And if so, how do you so confidently judge their ability to make that jump? I'd just like to know how you are so confident in another individual's "mental capacity." I'm not criticizing. I'm looking for clarity of your view/analysis.
That's a good point and id like to hear the take on that
I'm a teacher by trade. I've had well over 2,000 students pass through my class. It's my job to analyze students and assess their learning and understanding. I can sense plagiarism and phony answers a mile away. Two kids could give the same exact answers but I can tell that one kid understands what he's saying while the other kid is simply giving lip service. It's really more of an art than science.

If a player explains "why" in their answer more than "what", that's a good sign that they know what they are talking about.

EDIT: Just real quick I did a search of the number of times I said "Henderson" and "interviews" in the same post. 7 times total. I feel like I'm ragging on the kid now... :(. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=23043
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:40 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:47 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:21 am
Valhalla wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 am

Not that I don't agree (I steer away from guys who seem less professional as well), but there have been some VERY good players that don't come across as professionals.
I'm curious to hear your input on this. HOW are you gauging their mental capacity? Is it their dialect in an interview? How many times they say "umm" "y'know what I'm sayin" and "erybody"...? Is it what prior coaches say about them picking up on the system? Is it a response of pure cliche answers in interviews? By mental capacity do you moreso mean their ability to pick up on the rigorous demands of the workouts and expanded playbooks far beyond what was asked of them in college? And if so, how do you so confidently judge their ability to make that jump? I'd just like to know how you are so confident in another individual's "mental capacity." I'm not criticizing. I'm looking for clarity of your view/analysis.
That's a good point and id like to hear the take on that
I'm a teacher by trade. I've had well over 2,000 students pass through my class. It's my job to analyze students and assess their learning and understanding. I can sense plagiarism and phony answers a mile away. Two kids could give the same exact answers but I can tell that one kid understands what he's saying while the other kid is simply giving lip service. It's really more of an art than science.

If a player explains "why" in their answer more than "what", that's a good sign that they know what they are talking about.

EDIT: Just real quick I did a search of the number of times I said "Henderson" and "interviews" in the same post. 7 times total. I feel like I'm ragging on the kid now... :(. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=23043
In short, it’s a personal expertise in “authenticity of knowledge” then. That’s a fair answer.
I feel I’m a good judge of calling when someone is bullshitting or in over their head, but I don’t do that on the regular like you do, so it isn’t something I can likely as reliably call via interview snips.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:43 pm

The thing is, Henderson broke 7 tackles on 39 carries, so I’m not sure that sample size is enough to draw a meaningful conclusion. I’m also not sure about the utility of the stat in general. Ronald Jones and Damien Williams were among the league leaders (so were Kamara and Aaron Jones) while Barkley, Elliot, Cook, and Mixon were all average, and McCaffery had one of the worst marks in the league.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:00 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:43 pm

The thing is, Henderson broke 7 tackles on 39 carries, so I’m not sure that sample size is enough to draw a meaningful conclusion. I’m also not sure about the utility of the stat in general. Ronald Jones and Damien Williams were among the league leaders (so were Kamara and Aaron Jones) while Barkley, Elliot, Cook, and Mixon were all average, and McCaffery had one of the worst marks in the league.
But David Montgomery was a leader in college 2 years ago, and Zach Moss led it last year in that category so.......oh wait.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

I-ROK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby I-ROK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Yeah I don’t put too much weight in it, I just found it interesting that he was actually fairly good in limited action on that. As I said, got no dog in this fight

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:04 pm

I-ROK wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Yeah I don’t put too much weight in it, I just found it interesting that he was actually fairly good in limited action on that. As I said, got no dog in this fight
A guy with Henderson’s profile should be making guys miss completely, not breaking tackles. At best, this is a neutral thing in that the line was so bad there was no holes for him to run through.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:00 pm

But David Montgomery was a leader in college 2 years ago, and Zach Moss led it last year in that category so.......oh wait.
Yeah the David Montgomery broken tackle stat was one of the most useless stats people were throwing around, and EVERYONE who liked him was throwing it around. Including lots of "experts". James Williams has 3 of the top 7 all time college missed tackles per touch ratios, and he is a complete nobody.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 am

Didn't see any discussion in the week 2 thread. Henderson played very well. Looked more dynamic than Brown or Akers and obviously benefits from their respective injuries.

Hoping against hope that he gets a legit opportunity.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:18 am

Last chance to sell Henderson!

Jokes aside, I got him super late in two drafts. Sold him off in one already. Would be nice if he has a few solid games with Akers out so I could flip him in the other. His 20 points hurt my rebuild though...
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am

Finally healthy and up to speed, let's hope it lasts.

He made a great sideline grab blowing past a LB and showed plenty of juice as a runner. His goalline carry was a thing of beauty that'd even make a 245 pound power back proud.

Side note Akers looked awful in week 1, who knows stranger things have happened. For now Darrell is a RB2.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am Finally healthy and up to speed, let's hope it lasts.

He made a great sideline grab blowing past a LB and showed plenty of juice as a runner. His goalline carry was a thing of beauty that'd even make a 245 pound power back proud.

Side note Akers looked awful in week 1, who knows stranger things have happened. For now Darrell is a RB2.
Yeah I don’t think you can make anything close to a definitive statement on Henderson’s prospects, but Akers’ performance thus far shouldn’t keep Henderson on the bench if he can seize the moment
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am Finally healthy and up to speed, let's hope it lasts.

Hmm. He was almost guaranteed by the community to be a stud. Way too early to tell either way, but I was very worried by his low ypc in college. He looked about as I expected, nothing special. Henderson on the other hand does have some special qualities. Hopefully he isnt too dumb to be relied upon
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:56 pm

TheNuts wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Hmm. He was almost guaranteed by the community to be a stud. Way too early to tell either way, but I was very worried by his low ypc in college. He looked about as I expected, nothing special. Henderson on the other hand does have some special qualities. Hopefully he isnt too dumb to be relied upon
There were plenty of us who faded Akers. Henderson probably won't end up taking over the role, but I bet Akers truther are a bit more nervous with both Brown and Henderson out performing him at the time being. Looks like a fun RBBC for a while.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th