Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:43 pm So happy to never hear the nickname DaHen again.
Ftfy

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Apparently Henderson is still rehabbing his ankle. This was supposed to be a minor thing, I thought.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:18 pm Apparently Henderson is still rehabbing his ankle. This was supposed to be a minor thing, I thought.
He'll be locked and loaded for the LAR RB3 role.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:18 pm Apparently Henderson is still rehabbing his ankle. This was supposed to be a minor thing, I thought.

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:37 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 pm league winner
I think you'll be disappointed in your early first rookie pick if you're expecting that.
saving this for later
petebusey wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:38 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 pm From an inside souce... buy now. that's about as detailed as I can be
I hope you’re right. I just bought for two 2020 1sts.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Henderson’s season ending ankle surgery wasn’t covered in the forum much or even at all.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:37 pm

I think you'll be disappointed in your early first rookie pick if you're expecting that.
saving this for later
petebusey wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:38 am
NoRiskItNoBiscuit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 pm From an inside souce... buy now. that's about as detailed as I can be
I hope you’re right. I just bought for two 2020 1sts.
It appears No Riskit and Johnny B Goode are the same person (name change). So yeah, he was a little off on that one. Curious about that inside source, though. :think:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:19 pm It appears No Riskit and Johnny B Goode are the same person (name change). So yeah, he was a little off on that one. Curious about that inside source, though. :think:
"Darnell Anderson, is that you...???" :lol:

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:53 pm

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 am

As a Henderson owner, I’m way concerned over the rumors that he couldn’t get on the field last year because he couldn’t pick up his assignments in the offense. The ability is there, but if he’s that obtuse then he’s looking like a huge bust. It would also explain the Akers pick despite so many other obvious holes on the team.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:57 am

usps33 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:53 pm Looks like he’s good to go.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... umor-mill/
Well, he claims he is if they started today, but that's easy to say since they don't. He also says he's moving "pretty good" which doesn't sound as rosy. Seems to be on track for camp, though.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 amAs a Henderson owner, I’m way concerned over the rumors that he couldn’t get on the field last year because he couldn’t pick up his assignments in the offense....if he’s that obtuse then he’s looking like a huge bust.
If you search my posts and read the 2 articles I wrote on Darrell Henderon, this was my biggest complaint over and over. You could go back 2-3 pages on this thread alone to see some of it.

All players enter the NFL with talent. These are the best of the best. One thing that separates those who can from those who can't is mental capacity. When I read articles or watch interviews from the all-time greats in the NFL, this is repeated most often along with work ethic. DH doesn't have it. RoJo doesn't have it. VAUGHN -- watch out folks -- doesn't have it.

I avoid such players at all costs.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:55 amAs a Henderson owner, I’m way concerned over the rumors that he couldn’t get on the field last year because he couldn’t pick up his assignments in the offense....if he’s that obtuse then he’s looking like a huge bust.
If you search my posts and read the 2 articles I wrote on Darrell Henderon, this was my biggest complaint over and over. You could go back 2-3 pages on this thread alone to see some of it.

All players enter the NFL with talent. These are the best of the best. One thing that separates those who can from those who can't is mental capacity. When I read articles or watch interviews from the all-time greats in the NFL, this is repeated most often along with work ethic. DH doesn't have it. RoJo doesn't have it. VAUGHN -- watch out folks -- doesn't have it.

Not that I don't agree (I steer away from guys who seem less professional as well), but there have been some VERY good players that don't come across as professionals.
I'm curious to hear your input on this. HOW are you gauging their mental capacity? Is it their dialect in an interview? How many times they say "umm" "y'know what I'm sayin" and "erybody"...? Is it what prior coaches say about them picking up on the system? Is it a response of pure cliche answers in interviews? By mental capacity do you moreso mean their ability to pick up on the rigorous demands of the workouts and expanded playbooks far beyond what was asked of them in college? And if so, how do you so confidently judge their ability to make that jump? I'd just like to know how you are so confident in another individual's "mental capacity." I'm not criticizing. I'm looking for clarity of your view/analysis.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:21 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 am

Not that I don't agree (I steer away from guys who seem less professional as well), but there have been some VERY good players that don't come across as professionals.
I'm curious to hear your input on this. HOW are you gauging their mental capacity? Is it their dialect in an interview? How many times they say "umm" "y'know what I'm sayin" and "erybody"...? Is it what prior coaches say about them picking up on the system? Is it a response of pure cliche answers in interviews? By mental capacity do you moreso mean their ability to pick up on the rigorous demands of the workouts and expanded playbooks far beyond what was asked of them in college? And if so, how do you so confidently judge their ability to make that jump? I'd just like to know how you are so confident in another individual's "mental capacity." I'm not criticizing. I'm looking for clarity of your view/analysis.
That's a good point and id like to hear the take on that
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:33 am

beat reporter deleted this tweet, said she misheard him. If rotoworld leaves that blurb out there it makes me question what else they miss

I-ROK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby I-ROK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:03 pm

I don’t own any part of this backfield but I remember reading Henderson was #1 in broken tackle percentage among RBs with 20+ carries. Every time I saw him play he reminded me of Aaron Jones during his first and second year- very explosive and efficient. The blown assignment thing is a red flag and he has to correct that this year to get any playing time, but his owners might be able to salvage something from him going forward.

I’m not a big fan of Akers but I think he ends up getting the bulk of the carries and Henderson is used in an Aaron Jones type role of maybe 10 touches a game. I can see Henderson being the primary receiving back, especially since the coach says he wants to use everyone and that is the most logical role for Henderson as far as I’m concerned. Some concerning flags so far, and drafting Akers isn’t a great vote of confidence, but I also don’t see it as a sign LA is moving away from Henderson all together.