General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby TheNuts » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:14 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 am
TheNuts wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:17 pm
A 2nd round pick on a running back like Akers is a wasted move. There are plenty of running backs available for cheap instead of spending a valuable pick on one.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

McVay is a HC who uses the run to set up the pass. If LAR would have gone into the season with a mediocre RB like Brown and a complete wildcard like Henderson at RB and then with a depth add like you are suggesting, and then Henderson face planted, the Rams would have been staring at a bad year.

Now McVay has the luxury of not one but 2 talented RBs on rookie contracts and can scheme games exactly the way he wants and it is showing in the success they are having this year. Akers can grow into the position, which it appears he needs to do. And going into next year, he’ll have the RB position sewn up and can address other concerns with his top picks.

IMO, it was actually pretty savvy on his and the Rams’ management part given how the season is shaking out.
Savvy to waste a second round pick on an okish running back? They could have used the pick on a mjch more inportant position and then used a later pick, udfa, or cheap free agent signing.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 am

trc wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:15 am So were is his value at now??

Late 1st or 2nd?
Owners will want a first, skeptical buyers will only pay a 2nd because of the small sample size.

With the way injuries have hit the NFL, all of this value may be temporary anyway.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:49 am

I paid edmonds and a late 2021 2nd for him before the game against the bills. I would pay more than that for him right now in leagues I still don't own him. Did you watch him against the bills? The guy looks like he is shredding defenses like he did in college. The way he reads the field in front of him and then has the subtle change of direction is pretty remarkable. I feel like I have said this already. I repeat myself a lot. Oh well.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 am

TheNuts wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:14 am
Savvy to waste a second round pick on an okish running back? They could have used the pick on a mjch more inportant position and then used a later pick, udfa, or cheap free agent signing.
That you’re apparently down on Akers much more than the majority of scouting reports, FF owners, and most importantly the Rams doesn’t make it a bad choice, much less a wasted pick. There is the possibility that you could be wrong and that Akers is a starting quality NFL RB, unlike many of the alternatives that you are suggesting.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:57 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 am
That you’re apparently down on Akers much more than the majority of scouting reports, FF owners, and most importantly the Rams doesn’t make it a bad choice, much less a wasted pick. There is the possibility that you could be wrong and that Akers is a starting quality NFL RB, unlike many of the alternatives that you are suggesting.
Also let’s keep in mind that Malcolm Brown was on this roster for several years. This team is a well oiled machine when it comes to RBs. Cam will get his shot.....eventually. We just don’t know when. The question becomes, what kind of production would be worth the wait?
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:14 am

There’s also a much more distinct possibility that a “starting quality NFL RB” is a bad pick in the second round when they can be acquired for much cheaper than that. Kareem Hunt and Leonard Fournette cleared waivers. Just wait and sign somebody. You’re better off using early picks on positions where there aren’t always Rex Burkheads and Raheem Mosterts just waiting for a job.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:32 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:14 am
There’s also a much more distinct possibility that a “starting quality NFL RB” is a bad pick in the second round when they can be acquired for much cheaper than that. Kareem Hunt and Leonard Fournette cleared waivers. Just wait and sign somebody. You’re better off using early picks on positions where there aren’t always Rex Burkheads and Raheem Mosterts just waiting for a job.
This right here. This is the part that people aren't getting. Sure, if Akers turns into a great running back then it's not bad value for a 2nd. I never saw great in his future, more like solid. A solid running back in the second is horrible value. Henderson, who is a better running back hands down, was a much better value

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

So a team that relies on the run and play action as much as the Rams do, are supposed to grab waiver wire and FA RBs as an after thought because the position is so replaceable?
That's the argument?
That's illogical.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:34 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm So a team that relies on the run and play action as much as the Rams do, are supposed to grab waiver wire and FA RBs as an after thought because the position is so replaceable?
That's the argument?
That's illogical.
Because guys like Mike Davis and Raheem Mostert were high draft picks and treated like starters from day one? I can't even begin to fathom how you do not see the udfa backs and free agent backs who come in and do just fine. Belichik has been winning with cast off backs for a while now. His last highly drafted running back is the worst one on the team. I dont even understand why this basic knowledge needs pointing out

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm So a team that relies on the run and play action as much as the Rams do, are supposed to grab waiver wire and FA RBs as an after thought because the position is so replaceable?
That's the argument?
That's illogical.
They literally did this. His name was CJ Anderson. He had been cut by the Panthers and the Raiders in 2018, then was signed off the street and ran for 5.48 YPC over the last two games of the season and the playoffs.

I mean, I get it if you think that your roster is so strong top to bottom and you have a hole at RB, or if you think the RB is a transcendent talent. That’s not the situation here. The Rams used a premium pick on a guy who not even his most ardent supporters would call “transcendent” at a replaceable position with other glaring needs on the roster. It was not a good allocation of resources, regardless of what Akers turns into.

Also- play action success is completely unrelated to rushing success or frequency. You don’t need to run the ball well or often for play action to be efficient. Source: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat ... on-passing
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:16 am

I'm interested to hear what people thought of his week 4 performance. Obviously not great, but is it indicative of regression? Just a bump in the road?

If anything my expectation is that it hurt his chances to take over the backfield assuming Akers returns next week. Another high end performance and he likely would have received a strong percentage of touches. It's likely much more balanced now.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:10 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:16 am I'm interested to hear what people thought of his week 4 performance. Obviously not great, but is it indicative of regression? Just a bump in the road?

If anything my expectation is that it hurt his chances to take over the backfield assuming Akers returns next week. Another high end performance and he likely would have received a strong percentage of touches. It's likely much more balanced now.
Frustrated that I cannot trust McVay to feed his best RB when he has a slow start. I thought that would have been fixed, but now it’s back to a roll of the dice. Rolling craps against a beatable D killed me yestardey.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:16 am

He did get dinged up during the game and missed a few series. It is possible that affected some of his workload going forward. I think this shows what most expected though, it'll likely be an RBBC of all 3 backs.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm

I don’t see a thing about any Henderson injury in the game yesterday. This was a game against a team that got hammered badly on the ground last week against a injury weakened 49er team.

I can’t help but wonder if this is a case of a HC so in love with himself that he’s willing to overlook the obvious easy path just to show everyone that he’s the smartest guy in the room. If so, there is no safe play for any RB in that backfield.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm I don’t see a thing about any Henderson injury in the game yesterday. This was a game against a team that got hammered badly on the ground last week against a injury weakened 49er team.

I can’t help but wonder if this is a case of a HC so in love with himself that he’s willing to overlook the obvious easy path just to show everyone that he’s the smartest guy in the room. If so, there is no safe play for any RB in that backfield.
Ita definitely possible. The nfl is littered with these guys. Some people think that coaches are infallible and make the right decision at all times. See the Texans trading for david johnson and then never throwing to him

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver