Week 15 discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week 15 discussion

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:35 pm

How about that face mask penalty?

Is it just me, or are refs making up more calls than I can I ever remember? Just terrible, bring back the scab refs please
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:47 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:35 pm How about that face mask penalty?

Is it just me, or are refs making up more calls than I can I ever remember? Just terrible, bring back the scab refs please
There is either an incompetence problem, or a problem with game fixing. Simple as that. This is the worst officiated league, it makes the calls arguably worse with replay, not better, and they make way more money than other pro leagues and YET, do not have full time officiating crews. This madness needs to stop. It's a job that requires full time attention and pay. Period.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:51 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:35 pm How about that face mask penalty?

It seems this way every season. The NFL has a LOT of things for refs to watch on each play, so a lot of chances for mistakes.

That facemask was pretty bad, but things like that happen. Tough situation.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 pm

At least we found out it was Dak, not the refs that messed up at the coin toss.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am

Needalife wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:00 pm Guy had a lead with Hooper vs Julio. Hooper catches TD and guy locked in win...... then it was overturned and his opponent gets the Julio TD and changes the outcome. Fantasy induces madness! That would have made me physically ill if I had lost that way.
Won a league last year like that. He had Dalvin go for a TD, called back, then my Rudolph got the TD...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:23 am

I have a question about that Julio TD, and plays like that in general. Why do you have to maintain possession of the catch through to the ground, yet the ball is spotted at the point before the catch is made official?

If Julio had hit the ground and the ball popped out, it would have been incomplete. Why do they give forward progress before the process of the catch is complete?

The catch is made when he hits the ground and doesn't lose it, up until that point, he hasn't completed the process of the catch, so why does it get moved forward to the point where he first caught the ball? If the DB had knocked the ball out where he caught it (over the goal line), it would have been incomplete at that point. It's a very strange interpretation of a rule in general. You get credit for forward progress before the catch is official.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:26 am

I wonder how many lost on the Mostert lateral that was ruled a fumble. Not sure how that works, but seems incorrect.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:23 am I have a question about that Julio TD, and plays like that in general. Why do you have to maintain possession of the catch through to the ground, yet the ball is spotted at the point before the catch is made official?

If Julio had hit the ground and the ball popped out, it would have been incomplete. Why do they give forward progress before the process of the catch is complete?

The catch is made when he hits the ground and doesn't lose it, up until that point, he hasn't completed the process of the catch, so why does it get moved forward to the point where he first caught the ball? If the DB had knocked the ball out where he caught it (over the goal line), it would have been incomplete at that point. It's a very strange interpretation of a rule in general. You get credit for forward progress before the catch is official.
I've wondered the same. Just assumed I was seeing it wrong.

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:46 am

I have 2 dynasty leagues left

League 1: I am behind 37.78 pts but have Brees, Darius Leonard and Justin Houston to go
League 2: I am up 37.97 and my opponent has Brees, Darius Leonard left and I have Khari Willis to go.

So really really really need Houston and Willis to go off tonight!
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:23 am I have a question about that Julio TD, and plays like that in general. Why do you have to maintain possession of the catch through to the ground, yet the ball is spotted at the point before the catch is made official?

You can think of it like the catch isn't just one single act. It's multiple pieces. The catch begins when the WR gets his hands on the ball, but at that point, more needs to happen. He needs to also hit the ground and maintain possession. Whether that's his whole body or 2 feet, but the catch isn't complete until that happens. The reason they get the forward progress is because that's where the catch happened. It wasn't technically complete at that point, but that's where the process of catching the ball started.

The NFL awards forward progress in all situations to avoid scenarios where players are picked up and carried backwards.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:37 pm Miles Sanders is obliterating my bench
In Wk14, I lost by ~3 points or whatever with Sanders' game last week...it sucks how I'm glad to see him blow up but also want to cry.

To make matters worse, this week is our championship and I'm beating both championship teams. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 am

Having watched the Julio TD replay a dozen times, I still don’t understand how that is a TD.

IMO, the ball crosses the line before he completes the catch. The catch is completed when his butt hits the ground and the ball is outside of the end zone. If he had dropped the ball, it’s no touchdown, so his forward progress should be established at the same time the catch is completed. Just my $0.02.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 am Having watched the Julio TD replay a dozen times, I still don’t understand how that is a TD.

IMO, the ball crosses the line before he completes the catch. The catch is completed when his butt hits the ground and the ball is outside of the end zone. If he had dropped the ball, it’s no touchdown, so his forward progress should be established at the same time the catch is completed. Just my $0.02.
As long as he doesn't bobble the ball, which he didn't, the catch is complete for the purpose of yardage, the second he secures the ball. Forward progress is always given provided the ball isn't bobbled

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 am Having watched the Julio TD replay a dozen times, I still don’t understand how that is a TD.

Forward progress is awarded at the point of the catch as long as the ball never comes loose after that. It's the same reason WRs can catch a ball for a first down even when they get hit backwards by the defender right as they catch the pass.

Don't get me wrong. The Julio TD screwed me in a semi-final matchup and a bunch of parlays with SF moneyline, so I hate it so much, but it was the correct call. Also I blame Matt Breida's two fumbles for giving ATL the ball back so much, not Julio for doing his job. I hope Breida is relegated to no. 3 on the RB depth chart after this fiasco. He could've single-handedly cost SF a first-round bye.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FFChamp
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FFChamp » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Is it not the same as a player catching the ball while going out of bounds. They start the catch in bounds but must maintain possession while clearly out of bounds.