Is Raheem Mostert SF's RB1 Moving Forward?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is Raheem Mostert SF's RB1 Moving Forward?

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:13 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 am I think most(ert) owners have higher hopes than this. No one will buy for a 4th because no one is selling for a 4th
I agree that I'd probably sell for a mid 2nd but even that would be a tough call for me

I got an offer from the Mostert owner (Team 2) yesterday - guy was packaging Mostert with his 1.11 to try & move up to my 1.04
Of course. You asked what I'd personally buy him for, as an owner, though. This speaks to where I see his value at - one man in a 4 man backfield, that rotates backs. He's definitely talented, but I also know that I got him for free of the wire. Players like that, I trust myself to find every year - so I'd easily take the 2nd, and move on.

I don't think I'd want to give up a 3rd in this draft for him, though that's probably closer to where his value is. So for me it's a 4th. You did ask.

If you like Mostert then that offer is well calculated. He's exactly what I said - a trade sweetener with not a lot of standalone value right now.
Nah man I didn't ask; someone else did. I was just offering my opinion compared to yours (I mostly agree with you). Was just noting that at this point a 4th is unlikely from what I've seen. Although it wasn't long ago that you could, I did buy him for a 4th (+ Latimer) mid-season lol

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:29 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:13 pm Nah man I didn't ask; someone else did. I was just offering my opinion compared to yours (I mostly agree with you). Was just noting that at this point a 4th is unlikely from what I've seen. Although it wasn't long ago that you could, I did buy him for a 4th (+ Latimer) mid-season lol
Heh, fair. I agree that he's not going for a 4th, and that's why I'm not buying. 8-)

But on the other hand, with this performance - he will definitely be there next year, amongst the rotation again, with a chance to open the season as the nominal "starter". Just looking at the contracts - I would expect Coleman to be back, possibly Breida, and probably *not* McKinnon.

I also expect they'll add at least one day 2-3 RB. If you're a Mostert buyer right now, best pray it's not a good one / sleeper.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:37 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:29 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:13 pm Nah man I didn't ask; someone else did. I was just offering my opinion compared to yours (I mostly agree with you). Was just noting that at this point a 4th is unlikely from what I've seen. Although it wasn't long ago that you could, I did buy him for a 4th (+ Latimer) mid-season lol
Heh, fair. I agree that he's not going for a 4th, and that's why I'm not buying. 8-)

But on the other hand, with this performance - he will definitely be there next year, amongst the rotation again, with a chance to open the season as the nominal "starter". Just looking at the contracts - I would expect Coleman to be back, possibly Breida, and probably *not* McKinnon.
Agreed, but I've been seen some speculation recently about not bringing Coleman back. Will be interesting to follow this offseason

I also expect they'll add at least one day 2-3 RB. If you're a Mostert buyer right now, best pray it's not a good one / sleeper.

I was thinking about this recently; Curious where a mid-round RB taken by the 49ers would fall in rookie drafts.
Would obviously land in a great system, but would also likely be in a committee

What if for example, SF drafts Cam Akers or CEH?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:37 pm

I was thinking about this recently; Curious where a mid-round RB taken by the 49ers would fall in rookie drafts.

If that happens... then you'll be glad you only paid a 4th for Mostert! :lol:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:47 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:37 pm

If that happens... then you'll be glad you only paid a 4th for Mostert! :lol:
lolol for sure

I bought Mostert at the last-minute Week 3 when Coleman was injured (Coleman was a flex starter for me)
I then got in an argument with my fiance right before gametime and didn't get time to sub him in for Rex Burkhead

That ended up being Burkhead's best game and that start/sit decision won me the week :lol:
Didn't start Mostert again all year