Draft Times

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Draft Times

Postby Z$$$ » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Both of my drafts are offline/slow drafts. One starts August 1st and the other after the 2nd preseason game.

It doesn’t bother me to draft this late because you get to evaluate players a little longer and see who may get injured in camp or the first couple preseason games and who is doing well or not.

Just wanting to see if there are any that draft as soon as the NFL Draft is over and compare to those who draft later in the year. Wanted to know some pros/cons, likes/dislikes, how strategies may differ, etc.

Thanks!
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Draft Times

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Someone is out of the playoffs...lol

It really just depends on the league. I have some rookie drafts that start the day after the NFL draft concludes, and I have some rookie drafts that start in Aug. There are pros and cons to both.

If you're drafting in May, you can know more through research etc. before more casual players catch onto hidden gems, but you could also overdraft a guy who's going to get hurt or look awful during training camp. If you're drafting in Aug, you won't have to risk overdrafting someone who's hurt etc, but you'll also have to reach for some of your sleepers if Twitter / ESPN / etc. are hyping them up.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:52 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:56 pm Someone is out of the playoffs...lol

It really just depends on the league. I have some rookie drafts that start the day after the NFL draft concludes, and I have some rookie drafts that start in Aug. There are pros and cons to both.

If you're drafting in May, you can know more through research etc. before more casual players catch onto hidden gems, but you could also overdraft a guy who's going to get hurt or look awful during training camp. If you're drafting in Aug, you won't haven’t e to risk overdrafting someone who's hurt etc, but you'll also have to reach for some of your sleepers if Twitter / ESPN / etc. are hyping them up.
Ha ha! No both teams made the playoff. Just came to mind and wanted to see what others do/thought.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Z$$$ wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:50 pm Both of my drafts are offline/slow drafts. One starts August 1st and the other after the 2nd preseason game.

It doesn’t bother me to draft this late because you get to evaluate players a little longer and see who may get injured in camp or the first couple preseason games and who is doing well or not.

Just wanting to see if there are any that draft as soon as the NFL Draft is over and compare to those who draft later in the year. Wanted to know some pros/cons, likes/dislikes, how strategies may differ, etc.

Thanks!
Depends on how well you draft. You can hit on some guys and get great value, or you can make terrible mistakes.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas