Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:03 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 am When do we start valuing him in that tier of young, productive WR's like Diggs, Godwin, Cooper, Golladay, Kupp, etc...?
Robinson is already there, no? I'd for sure take him over Diggs and Golladay, and Robinson is worth an early/mid 1st at least in most leagues.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:05 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:03 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 am When do we start valuing him in that tier of young, productive WR's like Diggs, Godwin, Cooper, Golladay, Kupp, etc...?
Robinson is already there, no? I'd for sure take him over Diggs and Golladay, and Robinson is worth an early/mid 1st at least in most leagues.
I haven't gotten close to that value. The best offer I could get was a 2021 first + a 2020 second from the current best team in the league.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 am

I think Arob has a stigma around him now, and he will almost always be more valuable on your team than in a trade
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:34 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 am I think Arob has a stigma around him now, and he will almost always be more valuable on your team than in a trade
I said just this to a friend that was seeking advice on trading him.

PFF pointed out that, think of what ARob has accomplished, and then think about these have been his QBs:

Bears: Trubisky and Chase Daniel
Jags: Bortles and Chad Henne
Penn State: Matt McGloin and Christian Hackenburg

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am

Lumps wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:34 am PFF pointed out that, think of what ARob has accomplished, and then think about these have been his QBs:

This can't be overstated. I honestly can't think of a WR that has done more with less in my lifetime.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Maintain
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Maintain » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:09 am

D Hopkins has a much longer list of crappy QB's that he's had success with.
12 team 1ppr SF - Start 10, QB (1-2), RB (2-5), WR (3-6), TE (1-4)
2021 League champion

QB - K. Murray, J. Burrow, A. Dalton, K.Trask
RB - J. Taylor, N.Harris, JK Dobbins, A. Jones, C. Patterson, A. Mattison, G. Edwards, J. Ford
WR - J. Jefferson, C. Lamb, C. Sutton, L. Shenault, A. Lazard, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, J. Metchie
TE - D. Goedert, G. Everett, D. Njoku, H. Hurst

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:10 am

Maintain wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:09 am D Hopkins has a much longer list of crappy QB's that he's had success with.
Agreed. But no one is saying ARob is as good as Hopkins.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I was just intent on presenting what happened from a reasonable perspective of what people would think as of this writing.

For Trade 1: I think I won that trade, and while some might disagree, Chark's less proven, if Chark is this, he's 3 years younger and hasn't entered his prime and already has 2 QB's better than AROB has ever had throwing to him. So to me that's a win, though I know more conservative dynasty players might be a touch more wait and see with Chark proving it over multiple years.

Trade 2: I think it's clear I won that. I got Fournette, and a 2nd for ARob and a 3rd. They're close in value, but finding RB's that produce top 10-15 #'s is harder than WR's that produce ARob #'s. I plan on flipping Fournette. I already have Mixon, Guice, Chubb and the 2020 1.05 to work with w/regards to that team and it's a QB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex league, so Fournette isn't essential. He's a trade piece to me.

Trade 3: I see your point there, I just think would view it right now as giving up a top 15 WR and a top 25 RB, for a bust (Davis) a later 1st and an unknown first. So it is at least superficially high risk.

That team is also a funny team, it's my one team w/a black cloud hanging cartoon style over it, just a never ending litany of trades blowing up in my face. Startup was in '16, I'm in year 4 w/no playoff births because of a serious of horror show trades, Hopkins for ARob, McCaffrey, for the '18 1.04 and something, Godwin for trash etc. It houses 3 of my top 5 worst trades in five years of playing. Last winter I decided to do a 2-3 year junk it rebuild, and just acquire picks for '19, '20 and '21 drafts.

In '19 I acquired the picks to grab Miles Sanders at 1.03, N'Keal Harry at 1.04, and AJ Brown at 1.08.
In '20 I have the 1.02, 1.05, and likely 1.08.
In '21 I have the 3 firsts belonging to teams currently picking at 1.01, 1.05, and 1.10

My core is:
QB: Streaming (Luck retired, and I've been rotating in waiver guys)
RB: N. Chubb, Miles Sanders, C. Edmonds, B. Love (I view him and Edmonds as core pieces because I think both could be huge values)
WR: Amari, DJ Chark, DJ Moore, Harry, AJ Brown, R. Anderson, C. Davis
TE: OJ Howard, Ian Thomas, G. Everett, J. Holister, and '19 prospects I loved (Warring, Josh Oliver)

You can probably tell I've built TE to be good by '20/'21, WR is almost there, RB needs two more pieces, and QB needs help. I didn't see the value in wasting Kerryon's 2019 and 2020 on a team that wouldn't be contending, and I didn't want ARob's year 26 and 27 seasones wasted the same way, so I figured I'd speculate on Davis (from the same perspective of you, get him as a throw in, hope the team that is the 1.08 sucked more than they ended up sucking (they were sixth in scoring and in potential points so I figured there was a chance they'd miss the playoffs, and give me a 1.06, if they lose in round 1, I get the 1.07 so it isn't too bad).

So from a building perspective, I like it, I think I should have a playoff team if I hit on my 1.02 and 1.05 in either '20 or '21, and the '21 picks could be really, really good. I just need to hit on RB w/those two picks.

Lastly, I definitely trust my drafting ability. I've done quite well in rookie drafts over the years, my '17 rookie drafts kind of were 1st round tuna net for Cook, Mixon, and McCaffrey (who I then idiotically traded away everywhere in '18). My '18 drafts I had the top 5 ranked: Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Penny, Michel, and I swept up a lot of all of them save for Penny. I then spent the '19 offseason offloading Michel everywhere, and buying Jones on the cheap (went from zero shares to 5 off super cheap trades). I managed to unload 4 of 5 Michel shares before the roof caved in this season as well. I typically used round 2 and 3 for speculative WR/TE/QB adds in both years. Since I didnt spend a lot of draft capital on TE's in startups, I tend to target them in good draft years, and try to stash them, which is damn hard since most aren't productive early, it's a strategy that is no longer relevant as my teams are typically chock full of '17 and '18 TE class pieces, and/or Kittle, so there's no reason to keep doing speculative adds (and '20 is a terrible class anyway).

Anyway, yeah, for sure, if there's one thing I think I do consistently well, it's rookie drafts. I've done a very good job of trading out of bad one's ('16), eschewing bad positional classes ('19 the only RB I targeted was Sanders), and hammering away at RB's I love, and value WR's that drop (Godwin, DJ Moore etc). I do have my misses like everyone else, but my problem tends to be trading away guys I hit on, rather than scouting the drafts themselves where I think I've been quite good, largely avoiding the early 1st round disappointments other than Michel.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am
Lumps wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:34 am PFF pointed out that, think of what ARob has accomplished, and then think about these have been his QBs:

This can't be overstated. I honestly can't think of a WR that has done more with less in my lifetime.
Hopkins

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Generic Username wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am

Hopkins
I get the sentiment but Nuk had 1 year of Fitzpatrick, 1 yr of Hoyer, 1 yr of Brock Lobster, and then Watson. ARob had 3 yrs of Bortles/Henne & 2 years now of Trubs. Just want to point out I'm not saying ARob over Nuk as a talent just that he's dealt with crappier QB play for a longer time.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:20 pm

I'd be happy to have Fitzpatrick for just about any of my alpha style wrs like Sutton and Arob, but not for wrs like Cooper or Diggs

htotheoza
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby htotheoza » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:19 am

Arob was my first pick in our startup after his breakout season. I am still recovering from that pick along with many whiffs on those 2016 rookies. Finally feels like he is firmly back in the WR2 tier and I’ll be holding him for the foreseeable future.
14 Team 0.5 PPR Dynasty
QB: Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Josh Jacobs, D'Andre Swift, Cam Akers, Damien Harris
WR: Allen Robinson, Jerry Jeudy, Mike Williams, Christian Kirk, Devante Parker, Michael Pittman Jr., Corey Davis, Parris Campbell, James Washington, Bryan Edwards
TE: OJ Howard, Eric Ebron, Ian Thomas

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 pm

I sold him for what has become the 1.05 (but had a chance at the 1.01 going into the final week) for the team in my sig.

I'll miss him, but I'm ultimately higher on turning that pick into one of the top 3 RB's (or a WR if that's what's there) in my SF league, just for how my team is currently built (my WR's are great, my RB's could use 1 more stud)
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:04 pm

ARob is a WR1 now that he’s fully healed from his injury. This thread let me know to buy low everywhere.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:15 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:04 pm ARob is a WR1 now that he’s fully healed from his injury. This thread let me know to buy low everywhere.
That's what I'm going to try to do... Going to be hard convincing my trade partner to take less back than he gave me for arob though...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06