Week 14 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 14 Discussion

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm Has no one also pointed out that QB is the highest average paid position anyhow? Saying that a QB is the highest paid player on the team seems quite obvious lol

Paying an average QB elite money is not going to work
That's because they've drafted extremely well and both of their OTs are still on their rookie deals. Obviously the ideal way would be to never resign anybody and continuously hit on your draft picks and keep everyone on rookie deals. That is obviously impossible though because no one has that good of a hit rate or enough picks to sustain that kind of strategy. The Ravens OL is going to get very expensive or broken up in a few years.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:56 pm The Ravens really are set up for a few year run of success right now and will be a fun team to watch. I know sometimes I act like a pseudo-Ravens fan, but they've always been a team I enjoyed watching play the game (dating back to Lewis & Reed). I imagine Humphrey will be one of the major pieces in line for an extension with some of that freed up money, but it's scary to think of the Ravens improving at this point. They're like the Chiefs from last year except they can play defense.
I’m only just now getting over hating the Ravens after that fat bleep Tony Siragusa belly-flopped on Rich Gannon and can’t remember who it was that speared Steve McNair en route to the Superbowl.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 pm The bottom line with the Cowboys is that they have missed their window because they were too stubborn to do something about Garrett. No matter what they do, they're screwed now. Between paying their offensive line, Zeke, Dak, Cooper, and then the defensive pieces they've crippled themselves - so they may as well focus on turning a profit and trying to make the fans happy (first step will be to fire Garrett).

I said it in another thread - but I'll say it again, I'm looking forward to Mahomes getting the record breaking deal as a Raiders fan.
Cooper is probably gone to be honest, the Cowboys have to tag Dak if they don't work out a deal quickly which sounds highly unlikely. Without the threat of the franchise tag Amari holds all the leverage in contract negotiations because he will be in massive demand on the open market so he has no reason to not test that market. He could very well be the best WR to ever hit unrestricted free agency, guys with his pedigree and production are always locked up or tagged at the conclusion of their rookie contracts.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:21 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:14 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 pm The bottom line with the Cowboys is that they have missed their window because they were too stubborn to do something about Garrett. No matter what they do, they're screwed now. Between paying their offensive line, Zeke, Dak, Cooper, and then the defensive pieces they've crippled themselves - so they may as well focus on turning a profit and trying to make the fans happy (first step will be to fire Garrett).

I said it in another thread - but I'll say it again, I'm looking forward to Mahomes getting the record breaking deal as a Raiders fan.
Cooper is probably gone to be honest, the Cowboys have to tag Dak if they don't work out a deal quickly which sounds highly unlikely. Without the threat of the franchise tag Amari holds all the leverage in contract negotiations because he will be in massive demand on the open market so he has no reason to not test that market. He could very well be the best WR to ever hit unrestricted free agency, guys with his pedigree and production are always locked up or tagged at the conclusion of their rookie contracts.
Next year team have both a Franchise Tag & Transition Tag available to them. The Cowboys will be able to keep them both for at least one more year.
Last edited by Forza_Azzurri on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Transition tag just gives the Cowboys right to match another offer, they could very easily get priced out on an offer they can't afford to match. Plus teams can only use one or the other, not both.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:26 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:23 pm Transition tag just gives the Cowboys right to match another offer, they could very easily get priced out on an offer they can't afford to match. Plus teams can only use one or the other, not both.
There’s a loophole next year b/c the CBA is expiring ... they can use both tags in the same year.

https://es.pn/2SpSVrV

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:26 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:23 pm Transition tag just gives the Cowboys right to match another offer, they could very easily get priced out on an offer they can't afford to match. Plus teams can only use one or the other, not both.
There’s a loophole next year b/c the CBA is expiring ... they can use both tags in the same year.

Interesting.

I still see some team making an offer too high for the Cowboys to be able to match. Their best bet is locking him or Dak up before free agency begins, but I don't see a Dak deal getting done quickly and Amari shouldn't pass up free agency and a potential bidding war for his services.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:41 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:34 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Interesting.

I still see some team making an offer too high for the Cowboys to be able to match. Their best bet is locking him or Dak up before free agency begins, but I don't see a Dak deal getting done quickly and Amari shouldn't pass up free agency and a potential bidding war for his services.
A lot depends on who their next coach is ... let’s say they hire Lincoln Riley and he wants Jalen Hurts at QB but realizes he needs time to develop. The Cowboys could match a Cooper offer, which would probably be worth it, and keep Dak for another year.

Cowboys have a ton of cap space next year .... it’s the out years that are problematic.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm

I don't know how this turned into a Dak hate session but I'd take Dak over 1/2 the starting QBs in the league pretty damn easy. In fact, he's a top 10 QB. Now I don't know who SHOULD be getting a bleep-ton of money but it seems reasonable that the top 10 of any position should probably be making a bleep-ton of money; your measure of bleep-ton may differ from the next persons but it's still a bleep-ton.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:09 pm

saw061600 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm I don't know how this turned into a Dak hate session but I'd take Dak over 1/2 the starting QBs in the league pretty damn easy. In fact, he's a top 10 QB. Now I don't know who SHOULD be getting a bleep-ton of money but it seems reasonable that the top 10 of any position should probably be making a bleep-ton of money; your measure of bleep-ton may differ from the next persons but it's still a bleep-ton.
bleep-ton seems like ridiculously arbitrary amount to me.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:13 pm

saw061600 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm I don't know how this turned into a Dak hate session but I'd take Dak over 1/2 the starting QBs in the league pretty damn easy. In fact, he's a top 10 QB. Now I don't know who SHOULD be getting a bleep-ton of money but it seems reasonable that the top 10 of any position should probably be making a bleep-ton of money; your measure of bleep-ton may differ from the next persons but it's still a bleep-ton.
Top 1/2 sure, but not top 10. I have 8 below that I think are clearly better, and then another 7 that he would be grouped with (RIP Philly Rivers, who has fallen off a cliff this year).

Russ
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar
Rodgers
Stafford
Ben (pending health)
Wentz(?)
Ryan(?)
Goff(?)
Newton(?)
Josh Allen(?)
Tannehill(?)

Paying him top 10 money is a mistake. He's an average quarterback. Maybe he goes the path of Russ and steadily develops into a special QB with a good team around him, but I'd take my chances signing Cam instead this off-season if I'm Dallas, assuming he's cheaper.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:09 pm
bleep-ton seems like ridiculously arbitrary amount to me.
It's a lot more than a pittance, less than I'm now marrying a super model and buying a yacht, but a bit more than I'm rich bitch.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:15 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:13 pm
Top 1/2 sure, but not top 10. I have 8 below that I think are clearly better, and then another 7 that he would be grouped with (RIP Philly Rivers, who has fallen off a cliff this year).

Russ
Brady
Brees
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar
Rodgers
Stafford
Ben (pending health)
Wentz(?)
Ryan(?)
Goff(?)
Newton(?)
Josh Allen(?)
Tannehill(?)

Paying him top 10 money is a mistake. He's an average quarterback. Maybe he goes the path of Russ and steadily develops into a special QB with a good team around him, but I'd take my chances signing Cam instead this off-season if I'm Dallas, assuming he's cheaper.
That list shows why Dak will get his bleep-Ton of money. I’d rather have Dak than all but 5 of those guys. All the talk earlier about no team winning a SB with a high paid QB is skewed by the Patriots and Brady subverting the salary cap all these years.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:01 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm Has no one also pointed out that QB is the highest average paid position anyhow? Saying that a QB is the highest paid player on the team seems quite obvious lol

That's because they've drafted extremely well and both of their OTs are still on their rookie deals. Obviously the ideal way would be to never resign anybody and continuously hit on your draft picks and keep everyone on rookie deals. That is obviously impossible though because no one has that good of a hit rate or enough picks to sustain that kind of strategy. The Ravens OL is going to get very expensive or broken up in a few years.
Oh for sure, Im not arguing that. Going to have to re-sign plenty of guys. You always do when you are good at building talent. Of course I believe the Ravens also have a strong front office and do a pretty good job of knowing when to sign and when not to sign. I remember people saying losing Suggs, Weddle and Mosley was going to be very hard to get over. But when you look at the cost vs production, it just doesn't add up. Same idea with QBs but their salary is 2-5x other positions on average.

Edit: I think you may have quoted a different post than you meant? Or responding to a few of mine and just using this one? Haha I wasn't sure I just went with it

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:19 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Oh for sure, Im not arguing that. Going to have to re-sign plenty of guys. You always do when you are good at building talent. Of course I believe the Ravens also have a strong front office and do a pretty good job of knowing when to sign and when not to sign. I remember people saying losing Suggs, Weddle and Mosley was going to be very hard to get over. But when you look at the cost vs production, it just doesn't add up. Same idea with QBs but their salary is 2-5x other positions on average.

Edit: I think you may have quoted a different post than you meant? Or responding to a few of mine and just using this one? Haha I wasn't sure I just went with it
No I was responding to you specifically.