Under the Radar Free Agents

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Under the Radar Free Agents

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:08 am

I'm looking to compile a list and start a discussion surrounding under the radar players that are Free Agents - expected to leave their current team / situation in free agency and likely see a spike in their perceived value. Guys like Ty Williams, John Brown, Cole Beasley, Carlos Hyde changed teams this off-season and went on to be fantasy starters. Even some lesser-known commodities like A. Wilson, T. Burton, R. Burkhead, M. Davis, P. Richardson, etc. saw a significant spike in value after signing with their new teams.

So who are some guys that might fit the criteria this year: Free Agents or potentially cheap acquisitions (3rd & 4th round value) that are currently buried on the depth chart, that could see an uptick in value in the next 6 months?

A few guys off the top of my head:
  • Zach Pascal - He's an exclusive-rights Free Agent for Indianapolis and has produced pretty well with limited opportunities this year. 23 catches / 340 yards in his last 7 games, which paces out to 53 / 780 over a full season. Could get a decent offer to be a team's #2 WR next season.
  • Demarcus Robinson - He's flashed some big-play potential with Kansas City, but has largely been an afterthought with Kelce / Watkins / Hill commanding a lion's share of the passing game. He's an unrestricted Free Agent and could be looking at a decent pay-day.
  • Cameron Brate - He's signed with Tampa for a few more years, but there's been speculation that Tampa could move on from O.J. Howard at any point now. If they do, Brate instantly flirts with TE 1 value next season as one of Jameis' trusted targets (assuming Winston stays in Tampa).
  • Blake Jarwin - He's another exclusive-rights Free Agent, and I think Dallas tries to retain him assuming Witten retires again. He's a plus athlete who's flashed at times, and that passing attack looks pretty juicy moving forward.
  • Corey Clement - He's an exclusive-rights Free Agent who's been buried on the depth chart in Philly. Came up big in the Super Bowl, catching 4 / 100 and a TD, then seemingly was never heard from again. Could latch on somewhere as a passing-down back (GB? LAC? ATL?)
So, who ya got?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Under the Radar Free Agents

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:04 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:08 am
  • Zach Pascal - He's an exclusive-rights Free Agent for Indianapolis and has produced pretty well with limited opportunities this year. 23 catches / 340 yards in his last 7 games, which paces out to 53 / 780 over a full season. Could get a decent offer to be a team's #2 WR next season.
doesn't that mean the colts can retain him by offering him the minimum salary?

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:06 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:04 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:08 am
doesn't that mean the colts can retain him by offering him the minimum salary?
You're right, I was confusing ERFA status with Restricted Free Agency. You're right that Indy can retain him cheaply, though perhaps they move on from him with Hilton & Campbell healthy.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 am

The Colts have some big decisions at TE.

Jack Doyle is an unrestricted free agent. Eric Ebron is an unrestricted free agent. Mo Alie-Cox is the only TE under contract next season, but I'm not sure of that. He has a reserve/futures contract and I don't know if that's a one year contract or what.

My gut says they bring back Doyle and let Ebron walk, providing a spike in the value of Doyle.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 am

Usually there are some deep free agents I am intrigued by - this year, not so much.

Rashard Higgins is a guy I will be monitoring though.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:24 am

Blake Jarwin is a name I'm trying to stash where I can. He seems like one of the classic backup TEs that will get a spike in value in the offseason a la Dallas Goedert, Clive Walford, Virgil Green etc. He's on a lot of waiver wires right now, but I could see being able to sell Jarwin for a 2nd if Witten retires again or if he goes to a new team.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:48 am

To add some new names
lamar Miller- Never good but always serviceable, could latch on somewhere as a cheap thumper
randall cobb-looked okay as a depth option maybe goes to a more clear spot with him finally looking healhtyish
Devin Funchess-forgotten for a while now with a down year then an injured year
Keelan Cole-super super brief showing out but maybe he can get a job

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:24 am Blake Jarwin is a name I'm trying to stash where I can. He seems like one of the classic backup TEs that will get a spike in value in the offseason a la Dallas Goedert, Clive Walford, Virgil Green etc. He's on a lot of waiver wires right now, but I could see being able to sell Jarwin for a 2nd if Witten retires again or if he goes to a new team.
Jarwin had his chances though, and the Cowboys opted to bring back Witten. Jarwin never could establish himself as the main guy. I'll let others burn that roster space.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:24 am Blake Jarwin is a name I'm trying to stash where I can. He seems like one of the classic backup TEs that will get a spike in value in the offseason a la Dallas Goedert, Clive Walford, Virgil Green etc. He's on a lot of waiver wires right now, but I could see being able to sell Jarwin for a 2nd if Witten retires again or if he goes to a new team.
Jarwin had his chances though, and the Cowboys opted to bring back Witten. Jarwin never could establish himself as the main guy. I'll let others burn that roster space.
I'm not saying that Jarwin will break out. I'm saying that he's a guy likely to have offseason hype, allowing you to sell a free waiver add for a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd depending on landing spot.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Eli Manning- UFA, deep/QB premium option
Vernon Davis- has shown he still has big play ability
Case Keenum
LeSean McCoy- mostly for the hype/flip potential
Adrian Peterson- still can carry the load; imagine him getting Carson's touches
Peyton Barber- he's been decent in a timeshare, with a bad oline
Charles Clay
Bilal Powell
Isaiah Crowell
Corey Coleman
Devontae Booker
Seth Devalve
David Moore
Mike Thomas
Brian Hill
Isaiah McKenzie
Gus Edwards
Jake Kumerow
Tim Patrick
Josh Adams
Kendrick Bourne
Robert Foster- ERFA
Jeff Wilson ERFA
Allen Lazard ERFA
Daurice Fountain ERFA
Anthony Firkser. ERFA
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:53 pm

Zach Zenner- Miami has easy rushing match ups week 15 &16, I can see him being the lead dog those weeks.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:51 am

What about Bridgewater? If brees retires or he signs to another team I think he could at least be a reliable weekly starter. I know I’m gonna try my best to hold on to him til I see what plays out
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:33 am

Sfoster2625 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:51 am What about Bridgewater? If brees retires or he signs to another team I think he could at least be a reliable weekly starter. I know I’m gonna try my best to hold on to him til I see what plays out
I'm holding Teddy also. I think he's done enough this season to possibly take over for Brees,or start somehwre else next season.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:33 am

Depending on starting requirements and league size, Bridgewater makes a ton of sense, even if he's just a QB. I'm holding where I have him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Postby DLF_TylerK » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 am

Jalen Richard maybe? He's a UFA and showed in 2018 that he can have a useful role as a 3rd down back. Doubt he gains a lot of value, but if he goes somewhere as a complement to a two-down thumper, he could be a decent flex play.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/