Buy now players!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Buy now players!!!

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 am Kareem Hunt is my favorite buy low guy. He's looked great and will be on a new team next year.
Will he be? Hunt is a RFA, and I don't see any team offering him some huge contract. I expect him back in CLE next year in this Duke Johnson type role with Nick Chubb still the 1A.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:09 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 am Kareem Hunt is my favorite buy low guy. He's looked great and will be on a new team next year.
Will he be? Hunt is a RFA, and I don't see any team offering him some huge contract. I expect him back in CLE next year in this Duke Johnson type role with Nick Chubb still the 1A.
The Browns reportedly signed him to a 3 year deal in order to tap into 2020 and 2021 cap space, and upon signing, voided the last two years of his contract. The RFA tag had to come with it, but I remember reading that the sole purpose of signing Hunt was to acquire a 3rd round compensatory pick for the 2020 draft. They want Hunt to go somewhere next season.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:11 pm

ravn88 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:47 am

CoD: HENDERSON? You love pain. :P
Do you think any team trust Hunt enough to be the sole RB on a team.

Or

Will he end up like at Browns as a comittee
I very much think he can be the sole guy, or at least a dominant 1A. Hunt has looked outstanding in limited action so far.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:18 pm

I'd buy Wentz if you can get a discount in SF. His receiving corps has been decimated. He has an easier schedule coming up, with Miami, the Giants twice, and the Redskins along with the Cowboys. The Eagles will almost certainly address the WR position next year. Wentz is locked in until at least 2022, so he's their starter.

I also like Drake if you can get him, for down the stretch this year. He's a UDFA next year, and should command a decent contract somewhere who will want to use him, if he leaves the desert.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:29 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:09 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am
The Browns reportedly signed him to a 3 year deal in order to tap into 2020 and 2021 cap space, and upon signing, voided the last two years of his contract. The RFA tag had to come with it, but I remember reading that the sole purpose of signing Hunt was to acquire a 3rd round compensatory pick for the 2020 draft. They want Hunt to go somewhere next season.
Hmm...interesting. Thanks, can you link source? I've been off Hunt as a bye in dynasty, but that could change if this true. Also, I'll just add that Hunt has played well since returning from suspension, so if he stays clean and produces ROS, whatever plans CLE had to dump him for a comp pick could change by season's end.
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:41 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:29 pmHmm...interesting. Thanks, can you link source? I've been off Hunt as a bye in dynasty, but that could change if this true. Also, I'll just add that Hunt has played well since returning from suspension, so if he stays clean and produces ROS, whatever plans CLE had to dump him for a comp pick could change by season's end.
I'm pretty sure I found one of the links here: https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-ma ... er-season/

There was another website that I'm having a tough time finding, but the theory is that it'd be silly to spend money to keep Kareem Hunt, so they would be better off giving him a third round tender and letting him walk. If nobody signs him and they keep him for another year at that bargain price, he could sign elsewhere in 2021 and they'll stand to received the 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021. It's a literal win-win for Cleveland.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:54 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:41 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:29 pmHmm...interesting. Thanks, can you link source? I've been off Hunt as a bye in dynasty, but that could change if this true. Also, I'll just add that Hunt has played well since returning from suspension, so if he stays clean and produces ROS, whatever plans CLE had to dump him for a comp pick could change by season's end.
I'm pretty sure I found one of the links here: https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-ma ... er-season/

There was another website that I'm having a tough time finding, but the theory is that it'd be silly to spend money to keep Kareem Hunt, so they would be better off giving him a third round tender and letting him walk. If nobody signs him and they keep him for another year at that bargain price, he could sign elsewhere in 2021 and they'll stand to received the 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021. It's a literal win-win for Cleveland.
It could make sense for CLE, but the tone of this article seems like it's playing devils advocate, and the majority expect Hunt to stay in CLE for at least 2020, no? Also, this hinges on another team signing Hunt at a 2nd or 3rd round tender, and the strength of the 2020 rookie class may dissuade most from doing so.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:59 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:54 pm

It could make sense for CLE, but the tone of this article seems like it's playing devils advocate, and the majority expect Hunt to stay in CLE for at least 2020, no? Also, this hinges on another team signing Hunt at a 2nd or 3rd round tender, and the strength of the 2020 rookie class may dissuade most from doing so.
At the time that was the theory and it looked plausible. I agree what you say about the draft. If a team had a late third, would they use it on draft a RB if they needed one, or get a known-quantity in Kareem Hunt at a good price? My theory is the latter, which is why I'm buying him.

Hunt has done well in a timeshare, so I'm still happy to have him even if he stays in Cleveland anyway. I also didn't expect Cleveland to buy OBJ and they did, so who knows...
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:43 pm

I still believe heavily in OBJ, so if you can somehow get him for a discount, I think it will pay dividends in the next 2-3 years
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm

BucsFan5493 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 am Joe Mixon? Dude seems very talented but was stuck on a garbage offense and had a down year. They'll most likely have the #1 pick this year and draft a QB, should have Jonah Williams at full strength and hopefully can use some other picks + FA to improve the OL.
This is a good one. Figure it's a Joe Burrow led offense next year, with that lineman returning - and possibly an additional receiver or two from this loaded class to augment what is already there. It might still be pretty ugly, but it surely cannot be uglier. Also note Burrow's ability and willingness to hit Clyde EH in space in the current LSU system - Mixon can easily approximate that.

Another guy I think should be looked at closely is Rashaad Penny. He has the juice for a big man. He can catch the ball well (he displayed this in his rookie year, which made me buy this offseason) and he has ridiculous draft capital that has led to him being called a bust - thus his perception is currently "bust", which makes him a buy. He's got talent, and a knack for the big play - and he's on a team that wants to run. If it ever "clicks" for him - and I think there's reason for optimism here, based on his flashes this year so far, and the fact that he's young but starting to act like a pro (quitting McDonalds lol)... then he could be great. His price is currently on the rise thanks to the game this week just been (give it a week maybe?)

I just think there comes a time when you wake up and smell the coffee as a young professional. It's just about put-up-or-shutup time for him - he needs to show something in year 3 to put heat on for his contract payday in year 4/5. At some point, he will realise this - and will know that he's too talented to keep riding the bench.

I want to see what this guy looks like when his career is on the line. I don't think we've seen that yet.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 pm

OJ Howard

Was considered one of the best TE prospects ever coming out of college and proved in his first 2 years he can play at a high level in this league. Then Arians comes along and everyones concerns about him and TEs come true, now it's being made out like OJ can't play. The Bucs will hopefully come to their senses this offseason and move him, and if not Arians has a reputation for not really sticking around long and I won't be surprised if next year is his last in TB. OJ has a lot of return on investment potential if you can get him cheap after this disaster of a year.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:13 pm

the comp pick is gained the year after the player leaves in fa. so if he leaves in 2021 then the comp pick will be for the 2022 draft.

also, there's no way they'll get a 3rd rounder for him. unless some team signs him for $16m+ per year.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 pm

mild wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm
BucsFan5493 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 am Joe Mixon? Dude seems very talented but was stuck on a garbage offense and had a down year. They'll most likely have the #1 pick this year and draft a QB, should have Jonah Williams at full strength and hopefully can use some other picks + FA to improve the OL.
This is a good one. Figure it's a Joe Burrow led offense next year, with that lineman returning - and possibly an additional receiver or two from this loaded class to augment what is already there. It might still be pretty ugly, but it surely cannot be uglier. Also note Burrow's ability and willingness to hit Clyde EH in space in the current LSU system - Mixon can easily approximate that.

Another guy I think should be looked at closely is Rashaad Penny. He has the juice for a big man. He can catch the ball well (he displayed this in his rookie year, which made me buy this offseason) and he has ridiculous draft capital that has led to him being called a bust - thus his perception is currently "bust", which makes him a buy. He's got talent, and a knack for the big play - and he's on a team that wants to run. If it ever "clicks" for him - and I think there's reason for optimism here, based on his flashes this year so far, and the fact that he's young but starting to act like a pro (quitting McDonalds lol)... then he could be great. His price is currently on the rise thanks to the game this week just been (give it a week maybe?)

I just think there comes a time when you wake up and smell the coffee as a young professional. It's just about put-up-or-shutup time for him - he needs to show something in year 3 to put heat on for his contract payday in year 4/5. At some point, he will realise this - and will know that he's too talented to keep riding the bench.

I want to see what this guy looks like when his career is on the line. I don't think we've seen that yet.
Im not so sure About mixon.
The talent is there of course, but that team is so behind on Everything Else.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 pm OJ Howard

Was considered one of the best TE prospects ever coming out of college and proved in his first 2 years he can play at a high level in this league. Then Arians comes along and everyones concerns about him and TEs come true, now it's being made out like OJ can't play. The Bucs will hopefully come to their senses this offseason and move him, and if not Arians has a reputation for not really sticking around long and I won't be surprised if next year is his last in TB. OJ has a lot of return on investment potential if you can get him cheap after this disaster of a year.
To the first part. I'm sorry, but too many people are giving OJ a free pass. He has not been good. Regardless of Arians, he has played poorly.

To the second part. I will be spitting offers of 3rds out for him. I don't think he'll ever live up to his hype, but if you can land him for a 3rd, there's really little downside.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Sure OJ isn't completely blameless, but we've seen him play at a high level in the NFL, so it's not like he's just a bust. The Arians concerns existed for a reason and now they have shown to be justified at least in part.