General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Buy now players!!!

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:38 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:13 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:41 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:29 pmHmm...interesting. Thanks, can you link source? I've been off Hunt as a bye in dynasty, but that could change if this true. Also, I'll just add that Hunt has played well since returning from suspension, so if he stays clean and produces ROS, whatever plans CLE had to dump him for a comp pick could change by season's end.
I'm pretty sure I found one of the links here: https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-ma ... er-season/

There was another website that I'm having a tough time finding, but the theory is that it'd be silly to spend money to keep Kareem Hunt, so they would be better off giving him a third round tender and letting him walk. If nobody signs him and they keep him for another year at that bargain price, he could sign elsewhere in 2021 and they'll stand to received the 3rd round compensatory pick in 2021. It's a literal win-win for Cleveland.
the comp pick is gained the year after the player leaves in fa. so if he leaves in 2021 then the comp pick will be for the 2022 draft.

also, there's no way they'll get a 3rd rounder for him. unless some team signs him for $16m+ per year.
I'm not gonna argue that. Wasn't my words, just a theory I read at the time. Maybe that was best case. The point of the article was that they were more interested in compensation than retaining him long term.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Buy now players!!!

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:41 pm

I like Kyler and Daniel Jones as Buys in SF (won't be cheap - especially Kyler) and in 1QB
QBs usually take a step forward Year 2 and both offenses look on the rise to me with O Line and WR improvements likely coming

I have been trying to get Curtis Samuel before he possibly gets a QB who can toss a deep ball.
Kareem Hunt is a nice call but I think the cat may be out of the bag there. Also like Christian Kirk's chances at taking a Year 3 leap to high WR2/low WR1 status next year in that offense.
Might be a week late but you can maybe still get someone to sell low on Anthony Miller

For a contender or a team with a window in the next year or two - Adam Thielen may be at his cheapest for a while.
I am not the highest on his upside but this is probably the lowest Tyler Boyd's value will be for a long time with Dalton back this week and a new QB in town next year and he is still pretty young.

David Njoku would be my top target at the TE position. Browns offense is garbage in the RZ and that is his specialty. If you like frustration and steadfastly believe in talent over situation, then OJ Howard is probably at his low point in value right now.
Guys like Mike Gesicki and Dawson Knox could be had for almost nothing right now and have elite athletic profiles and shots at leaps next year since their teams are unlikely to draft replacements