Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby Ice » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:51 am

No plans to write off the Ravens just yet, They have a solid system with the fastest and best running QB ever seen on the planet. He can still run like the wind and there might only be 1 defender on any given team with anywhere near his speed and he will be in a react position.

I get people love to trash or forget M. Brown but he has 15 TD's in 104 receptions in 25 games as a pro. Obviously he is not easy to cover and Lamar does look his way in scoring territory.

To put his scoring perspective M. Andrews has 17 TD's over that period.

Obviously they could step back but defenses will continue to key around Lamar more so than a complimentary RB system. The minute he threatens to run safeties will bite just like always leaving the field exposed.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 am

Ice wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:51 am No plans to write off the Ravens just yet, They have a solid system with the fastest and best running QB ever seen on the planet. He can still run like the wind and there might only be 1 defender on any given team with anywhere near his speed and he will be in a react position.

I get people love to trash or forget M. Brown but he has 15 TD's in 104 receptions in 25 games as a pro. Obviously he is not easy to cover and Lamar does look his way in scoring territory.

To put his scoring perspective M. Andrews has 17 TD's over that period.

Obviously they could step back but defenses will continue to key around Lamar more so than a complimentary RB system. The minute he threatens to run safeties will bite just like always leaving the field exposed.
I wonder if Vick was faster…or Kyler.
Also…best running qb I think Kyler will be firmly in that discussion. Depends on what you mean, exactly. If it’s the best overall qb who’s also a huge threat to run, then I think Kyler will likely have the better QB career. If you just mean the largest rushing totals, then Lamar’s big season might stand for a long time.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 am I wonder if Vick was faster…or Kyler.
Also…best running qb I think Kyler will be firmly in that discussion. Depends on what you mean, exactly. If it’s the best overall qb who’s also a huge threat to run, then I think Kyler will likely have the better QB career. If you just mean the largest rushing totals, then Lamar’s big season might stand for a long time.
Back to back 1000 yard seasons at QB.

Listen to the man, he's correct. This is the best rusher at the position we've ever seen. I tried telling people on this forum before he was a starter that he was a threat to average 80 yards a game and people called me a witch / insane. :lol: The point being that 3 years ago, if you'd told someone what he was about to do, they wouldn't have been splitting hairs or "well actually-ing". He's Vick 2.0 and we shouldn't normalise how ridiculous that is.

Looking forward to their game this week. That Linebacker group for LVR has no chance of staying with him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:55 pm

mild wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:26 pm
Valhalla wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 am I wonder if Vick was faster…or Kyler.
Back to back 1000 yard seasons at QB.

Listen to the man, he's correct. This is the best rusher at the position we've ever seen. I tried telling people on this forum before he was a starter that he was a threat to average 80 yards a game and people called me a witch / insane. :lol: The point being that 3 years ago, if you'd told someone what he was about to do, they wouldn't have been splitting hairs or "well actually-ing". He's Vick 2.0 and we shouldn't normalise how ridiculous that is.

Looking forward to their game this week. That Linebacker group for LVR has no chance of staying with him.
Pfffft. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:55 pm Pfffft. :lol:
Don't worry FF! Only 6 years, 17 weeks, and 63 million dollars of Gruden remaining. :whistle:

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:22 am

Next Gen stat of the game: Jackson leads the NFL with an average of 12.1 air yards per attempt.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:26 am

Yards per completion:

1 - Lamar Jackson 14.4
2 - Derek Carr 13.7
3 - Matthew Stafford 13.3
4 - Russell Wilson 13.2

Jackson is also currently in the top 12 for Yards / game average

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:31 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:26 am Yards per completion:

1 - Lamar Jackson 14.4
2 - Derek Carr 13.7
4 - Russell Wilson 13.2

Much of this success is because of M. Brown not in-spite of him as some would contend in the M.Brown thread.

Jackson is really fun to watch!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 am

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:31 am

1 - Lamar Jackson 14.4
2 - Derek Carr 13.7
4 - Russell Wilson 13.2

Much of this success is because of M. Brown not in-spite of him as some would contend in the M.Brown thread.

Jackson is really fun to watch!
Players improving their development through practice, repetition, better chemistry/timing & improved fundamentals - who'd a thunk it?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:41 pm

1 - Lamar Jackson 14.4
2 - Derek Carr 13.7
4 - Russell Wilson 13.2

And Bateman hasn't even joined in on the fun, yet.

This was a very encouraging game for him as a passer. DEN is no slouch on defense and the team was confidently calling pass plays to ice the game away.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:21 pm

NFL Research: With Sunday's win, Lamar Jackson passed Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Marino for the most wins by a starting quarterback before their 25th birthday with 35.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:21 pm NFL Research: With Sunday's win, Lamar Jackson passed Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Marino for the most wins by a starting quarterback before their 25th birthday with 35.
https://youtu.be/hYJj4l9vsDg?t=6

8-)

I missed this thread :biggrin:

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:52 am

I still have people who say he is a RB and not a good QB. I don’t know what it will take…
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:52 am I still have people who say he is a RB and not a good QB. I don’t know what it will take…
People can be very ignorant. Can guarantee they haven't been watching him.

That said, he's not the most accurate by a fair margin. He misses a handful of throws every game and had a bad INT this week. Noticed a few others where receivers bailed him out imo. However, lots of QB do that and don't have 10% of Lamars athleticism. I'll take Lamar any day of the week. I couldn't imagine being a D Coordinator

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:22 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:52 am I still have people who say he is a RB and not a good QB. I don’t know what it will take…
People can be very ignorant. Can guarantee they haven't been watching him.

That said, he's not the most accurate by a fair margin. He misses a handful of throws every game and had a bad INT this week. Noticed a few others where receivers bailed him out imo. However, lots of QB do that and don't have 10% of Lamars athleticism. I'll take Lamar any day of the week. I couldn't imagine being a D Coordinator
We can't ignore just how much he's improved mechanically this year, though. He's a LOT better. Really good improvements in his footwork / throwing base. And he's making some absolutely outrageous throws in there - as my boy JT notes, the spacing hasn't really improved from his catchers... he's just making ridiculous things happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWORbejJCo0

We'll never mistake him for Mahomes, but he's his own animal. A lot of people used to knock Lamar saying he wasn't going to last longer than 4 years playing the way he did. They were right, but they're also now wrong: he has taken another jump, and that's going to lead to him having true longevity in the league.

It's an exciting time to be a Ravens fan, congrats Mr. Jigga. 8-)