Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 am

Productivity has fallen off a cliff

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:52 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:05 am Bill Polian was right.
Was he? Jackson won MVP last year.

He's regressed as a passer, but there's still plenty of room for him to make up for that.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:52 am

He's regressed as a passer, but there's still plenty of room for him to make up for that.
I agree with the above. Progression doesn't always take a straight path. This is still just Lamar's second full season as a starter, I'm going to be patient with him.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:11 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 am

I agree with the above. Progression doesn't always take a straight path. This is still just Lamar's second full season as a starter, I'm going to be patient with him.
I wouldn't be too patient. In fact, I think if/when he does bounce back, he'd be a great sell high. That dude takes a ton of hits, way too many. He is not built to take that kind of abuse. He's going to start getting dinged up and injured unless he changes his style drastically, but part of that risk taking is what makes him so dangerous as a runner.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:09 am

The way he has been running this year especially, is absolutely maddening. He is a kid in the backyard who is faster than almost everyone, but has no discernment on when to run, and will put his body at risk to gain an extra half yard on a 1st and 10.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Jackson and the Ravens froze defenses last year with their physicality, motions and sweeps. The entire league was thrown off and the Ravens kept winning. Teams only knew how to respond in short time by stacking boxes which gave Lamar tons of 1 on 1s.

Did you watch him vs NE? They rushed 3, sometimes 2 and forced him to make tight throws while keeping eyes on him. How did he look? He can't read D's, simply is a 1 on 1 tosser who occassionally shows some touch but my goodness he better have some QB talent at this level. Take away the run game and he will do nothing, we've seen it time and time again.

He's just not that good a QB talent and he has been nothing short of dreadful this year. That's with an elite HC and a top flight defense.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Jackson and the Ravens froze defenses last year with their physicality, motions and sweeps. The entire league was thrown off and the Ravens kept winning. Teams only knew how to respond in short time by stacking boxes which gave Lamar tons of 1 on 1s.

Did you watch him vs NE? They rushed 3, sometimes 2 and forced him to make tight throws while keeping eyes on him. How did he look? He can't read D's, simply is a 1 on 1 tosser who occassionally shows some touch but my goodness he better have some QB talent at this level. Take away the run game and he will do nothing, we've seen it time and time again.

He's just not that good a QB talent and he has been nothing short of dreadful this year. That's with an elite HC and a top flight defense.
I was watching Ravens/Titans yesterday and the announcers said something similar. He basically said that teams are following what the Titans did in the playoffs and taking away the passes outside the hashmarks and forcing Jackson to make tight throws over the middle of the field. There may be more to it than that, which I'm not remembering right now.

Basically, defenses have countered and Jackson has to figure out the next step.

I agree with the poster above who mentioned that Jackson continues to lean on his legs too much. At some point, he will have to be more calculated with when to run. He's a slight/lean QB, so long-term it's hard to envision him taking a beating like Cam Newton.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:08 pm He's a slight/lean QB, so long-term it's hard to envision him taking a beating like Cam Newton.
He's pretty much the same build as Alvin Kamara, an actual NFL running back who has "taken a beating" for about 4 years straight now. He's not really slight... he's just not a monster like Cam.

Lamar has been an iron man through College and the NFL thus far. I agree that he has to figure it out, and adjust to the new normal of how defenses are now playing him. To long term longevity, though - if Mike Vick can stick around into his 30's, then I don't really see why Lamar can't either.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Not sure kamara is a great example when it’s a known fact the coaching staff won’t give him a full workload because of durability concerns lol

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm Not sure kamara is a great example when it’s a known fact the coaching staff won’t give him a full workload because of durability concerns lol
You could go that way with it, sure. Or you could agree that 602 rushing attempts and 310 receptions - for a total of 912 touches over his four year career thus far - is a hell of a lot of usage for a guy that you're calling "slight" by the same stroke of the brush.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm Not sure kamara is a great example when it’s a known fact the coaching staff won’t give him a full workload because of durability concerns lol
Kamara has the 6th most touches in the NFL.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:27 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:38 pm
yeah, we're talking about carries though.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:27 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm
You could go that way with it, sure. Or you could agree that 602 rushing attempts and 310 receptions - for a total of 912 touches over his four year career thus far - is a hell of a lot of usage for a guy that you're calling "slight" by the same stroke of the brush.
i didn't call anyone "slight"?

I was just saying the comp makes no sense, not only for the reasons I already stated but Lamar is the same weight but 4 inches taller. BMI is not even close to the same. Lamar Jackon's BMI if he was a RB would be in the 7th percentile. Kamara's is 61st percentile.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:27 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:38 pm
yeah, we're talking about carries though.
No, you were talking about workload and receptions are part of that, receivers are tackled too.