Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:05 pm

I don't even have Lamar, and cringed when I saw him making jukes in the sand and going over that jet ski. Somebody needs to show him that Edwards video from a beach game years ago........
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:05 pm I don't even have Lamar, and cringed when I saw him making jukes in the sand and going over that jet ski. Somebody needs to show him that Edwards video from a beach game years ago........
If Lamar running into things makes you cringe, then he might not be the QB for you...

That said, I'm going to call it Lamar 1 Jetski 0, as you can see, he clearly avoided contact as best he could and was sure to flip into the ocean to avoid taking the full impact of the jetski's tackle into his knees... :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:35 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:05 pm I don't even have Lamar, and cringed when I saw him making jukes in the sand and going over that jet ski. Somebody needs to show him that Edwards video from a beach game years ago........
If Lamar running into things makes you cringe, then he might not be the QB for you...

That said, I'm going to call it Lamar 1 Jetski 0, as you can see, he clearly avoided contact as best he could and was sure to flip into the ocean to avoid taking the full impact of the jetski's tackle into his knees... :lol:
It's more the running on the sand, uneven and untested ground. Guaranteed the Ravens will be talking with him. Just look up Robert Edwards injury on youtube.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:39 pm

mild wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:46 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:41 am Sorry, you misunderstand. I was agreeing with you. The argument through this thread, is that Lamar is the best FF/real QB, or he isn't.( and the one I created about Mahomes is that Mahomes is the best QB and FF QB.) I'm a Raiders fan, BTW, I have more reason to argue against it than anybody, but I can't.
To be fair, this thread began its life in 2018 with the title "should lamar jackson fanboys be concerned" :lol:

I think it's branding has always been fairly tongue-in-butt-cheek.

Didn't hurt that he broke fantasy scoring and blew away the field to an almost comical degree in his 2nd year on the job, though.
Actually, I started the thread with the current title, someone merged some other Lamar threads into this one. I stand by the thread and it's title. I think Lamar made a much bigger leap between year 1 and 2 than Mahomes did. I think Mahomes is generational, maybe more than that, and I still think Lamar has a higher ceiling that we are yet to see. Other great QBs have had early playoff exits before. Mahomes has a lot of veterans to rely on Kelce, Tyreek, Mccoy/Williams, meanwhile Lamar was surrounded by mostly younger talent, lets see how the next year plays out for him.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:39 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:41 am Sorry, you misunderstand. I was agreeing with you. The argument through this thread, is that Lamar is the best FF/real QB, or he isn't.( and the one I created about Mahomes is that Mahomes is the best QB and FF QB.) I'm a Raiders fan, BTW, I have more reason to argue against it than anybody, but I can't.
To be fair, this thread began its life in 2018 with the title "should lamar jackson fanboys be concerned" :lol:

Didn't hurt that he broke fantasy scoring and blew away the field to an almost comical degree in his 2nd year on the job, though.
Actually, I started the thread with the current title, someone merged some other Lamar threads into this one. I stand by the thread and it's title. I think Lamar made a much bigger leap between year 1 and 2 than Mahomes did. I think Mahomes is generational, maybe more than that, and I still think Lamar has a higher ceiling that we are yet to see. Other great QBs have had early playoff exits before. Mahomes has a lot of veterans to rely on Kelce, Tyreek, Mccoy/Williams, meanwhile Lamar was surrounded by mostly younger talent, lets see how the next year plays out for him.
Yeah Mahomes was better because he had studs like Lesean McCoy and Damien Williams...

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 pm

"Not bad for a running back"
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:58 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 pm "Not bad for a running back"
Well.. Time will tell........
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:08 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 pm
thebeast wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Yeah Mahomes was better because he had studs like Lesean McCoy and Damien Williams...
hmm... are you arguing that Lamar's supporting cast is similar to KC's? Or just pointing out those two shouldn't have been included in the list? :lol:

Tyree Hill and Travis Kelce are both superstars and were so good they propelled risk averse Alex Smith into a top 5 season

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 pm

Yeahhhh... I mean, it's nice of the boo-birds to come out of the woodwork and bump this thread after he has a bad game. (Even if the bumps don't make sense?)

... kinda predictable, even.

I've personally never agreed with the idea that he's the best QB in the NFL, and I'm a die-hard fan since before the draft - but we're still talking about the #2 guy to own at QB in a Dynasty league for the next few years. Kyler and Wilson are stating their cases this year, but L-Jax is still the guy until further notice.

And low key - this loss, this early in the season - was seriously good for them. It means they know they're nowhere near where they need to be to compete in a playoff game with the Chiefs yet - which is quite literally all Lamar cares about, to an almost scary/manic degree... this loss will galvanise them.

Start all Ravens in Week 4.
WFT is going to get absolutely mulched in a "take out your frustrations" game.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm

Lamar was only sacked 23 times last year with 9 of them coming in a 2 week span against Cleveland and Pitt. Well he has already taken 10 sacks this year. I don't know if that is the loss of Yanda, teams getting time to watch and pick up tendencies, lack of offseason, or what, but so far Lamar hasn't been the cheat code he was last year.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 pm

burntfire wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:58 pm
Yeah I'm actually a Lamar fan but that quote as always stuck with me. And I'm a chiefs fan so I was feeling ornery last night. So my bad, but all in good fun.
1.01, 1.03

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 pm
Yeah I'm actually a Lamar fan but that quote as always stuck with me. And I'm a chiefs fan so I was feeling ornery last night. So my bad, but all in good fun.
How many of you KC fans are around here? Geez :bigsmile:

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm

A bunch it seems! Paid a heavy price to have Mahomes on my team also.
1.01, 1.03

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:48 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm

A bunch it seems! Paid a heavy price to have Mahomes on my team also.
Ravens fan here for reference... I paid up to get him on my 2nd team today. Dak, Diontae and Reagor. Thought it was actually a little cheap

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:05 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm Ravens fan here for reference... I paid up to get him on my 2nd team today. Dak, Diontae and Reagor. Thought it was actually a little cheap
I actually just paid a similar price... I'm all in on this season, and love that he is young. I do worry that he may have peaked, but if we get 80% of 2019 Lamar annually, then he is a solid foundational piece.

Fresh off the presser:

Sent Justin Jefferson, 21 1st (projected mid-late), Baker
Received Lamar
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league