Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Re: should lamar jackson fanboys be concerned

Postby bsp27 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:59 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:06 pm I'm not seeing truly relevant logic to this, since Jackson himself is nothing like a Brohm/Mallett/Wilson. A completely different organism. When Louisville got Jackson a year after Bridgewater, it was as if a pistol expert was handed an automatic shotgun and told to just have fun with it.

Jackson is the most athletic player on the field in all of his college tape. I'm guessing whether or not he succeeds in the NFL will depend on what coach drafts him. His floor is wash-out-in-three-seasons, and his ceiling is Mike Vick.
Exactly. Jackson is literally nowhere near half the players on this list. It's as if he selected random qb names out of a hat. Terrible.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

HundPRM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HundPRM » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:04 am

This was a great landing spot for Lamar. An OC who was the OC in Philly with Vick. An assistant who was the OC that led Kaep and Tyrod to Pro Bowls. RG3 in the film room with him.

And I know some people don't buy into the "chip" on the shoulder thing, but you could see the fire in LJs eyes last night when he was interviewed.
12 Team PPR Dynasty
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex
QB: Tom Brady - Deshaun Watson - Nick Foles
RB: Melvin Gordon - Devonta Freeman - Jay Ajayi - Marshawn Lynch - Lamar Miller - Kalen Ballage
WR: Alshon Jeffery - TY Hilton - Emmanuel Sanders - Marvin Jones - Josh Gordon - DeVante Parker - Jordy Nelson - Sterling Shepard - Dede Westbrook - Antonio Callaway - Isaiah Ford
TE: Tyler Eifert - Eric Ebron - Tyler Kroft - Gerald Everett

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 am

HundPRM wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:04 am This was a great landing spot for Lamar. An OC who was the OC in Philly with Vick. An assistant who was the OC that led Kaep and Tyrod to Pro Bowls. RG3 in the film room with him.

And I know some people don't buy into the "chip" on the shoulder thing, but you could see the fire in LJs eyes last night when he was interviewed.
Change RG3 to Flacco and I'm on board. Though I'm not sure how much help Flacco will want to provide.

HundPRM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HundPRM » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 am
HundPRM wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:04 am This was a great landing spot for Lamar. An OC who was the OC in Philly with Vick. An assistant who was the OC that led Kaep and Tyrod to Pro Bowls. RG3 in the film room with him.

Change RG3 to Flacco and I'm on board. Though I'm not sure how much help Flacco will want to provide.
RG3 has a similar style to Lamar and he applied it to the NFL well enough to win OROY before his injury. Having his insight in the film room will be great IMO.
12 Team PPR Dynasty
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex
QB: Tom Brady - Deshaun Watson - Nick Foles
RB: Melvin Gordon - Devonta Freeman - Jay Ajayi - Marshawn Lynch - Lamar Miller - Kalen Ballage
WR: Alshon Jeffery - TY Hilton - Emmanuel Sanders - Marvin Jones - Josh Gordon - DeVante Parker - Jordy Nelson - Sterling Shepard - Dede Westbrook - Antonio Callaway - Isaiah Ford
TE: Tyler Eifert - Eric Ebron - Tyler Kroft - Gerald Everett

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

*MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby MrUbuto » Wed May 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Why do most people seem that this is fact? They don't even state it like "I think Lamar Jackson won't be a viable passer" it's more like "well we know that for fact bit he can run good"

First of all as a rookie on a less than stellar offensive attack with even less than stellar offensive weapons the kid still put up +1700 yards in 7 starts.that pro rare out to pretty close to 4000 yards which puts him ahead of guys like dak Prescott, russel Wilson, Stafford and brees(only played 15 games and was just a hair under 4000)

In college the threw for +7100 in 26 games, about 3550 a year in 13 games. Which would put him well over 4500 yards in a 16 game season which is certainly elite.

I have no idea if he will be "elite" as a passer but his rookie season would definitely lead me to believe he certainly can and the way they added some serious speed and weapons can only help.

Long story short marquise brown will be a stud.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Unicorn92 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Lamar jackson seems like another Vick all over again so to me he will not be a great qb to thrrow. Same for Murray. Running qb who could have not trouble to be successful at throwing where few in my mind. Steve Young and John Elway comes to my mind. It is possible Jackson can become good to throw but that means he will run less. Personnaly i do not count on that but i could be wrong
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed May 08, 2019 11:04 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:07 pm Why do most people seem that this is fact? They don't even state it like "I think Lamar Jackson won't be a viable passer" it's more like "well we know that for fact bit he can run good"

First of all as a rookie on a less than stellar offensive attack with even less than stellar offensive weapons the kid still put up +1700 yards in 7 starts.that pro rare out to pretty close to 4000 yards which puts him ahead of guys like dak Prescott, russel Wilson, Stafford and brees(only played 15 games and was just a hair under 4000)

In college the threw for +7100 in 26 games, about 3550 a year in 13 games. Which would put him well over 4500 yards in a 16 game season which is certainly elite.

I have no idea if he will be "elite" as a passer but his rookie season would definitely lead me to believe he certainly can and the way they added some serious speed and weapons can only help.

Long story short marquise brown will be a stud.
Where the heck are you getting your numbers from my friend? If we're taking about Jackson as a passer we should be looking at his passing yards, right. In the 7 games he started he threw for 1,114 yards; pro rated out for a 16 game season would give him 2,546 yards. I really don't think those number come close to elite passing status.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 pm

I believe it's the future truth. I think we will see Jackson is not an accurate passer, and they will try and overcome it with gadgetry and speed, we shall see how that goes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Thu May 09, 2019 12:40 am

Unicorn92 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 pm Lamar jackson seems like another Vick all over again so to me he will not be a great qb to thrrow. Same for Murray. Running qb who could have not trouble to be successful at throwing where few in my mind. Steve Young and John Elway comes to my mind. It is possible Jackson can become good to throw but that means he will run less. Personnaly i do not count on that but i could be wrong
Top 9 Rushing QB since 1970

Mike Vick
Randall Cunningham
Cam Newton
Steve Young
Russell Wilson
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
John Elway
Aaron Rodgers

Being a starting QB in the NFL is really really hard. There are a million reasons why Lamar Jackson and/or Kyler Murray may end up washing out of the NFL. Being good at running is not one of them.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Thu May 09, 2019 3:09 am

He had a 57% completion percentage in college. I think that is a large part of where the narrative but also the concern comes from.

Beyond that I worry that he is pretty much the same height and weight as RG3. Will he stand up to punishment over time if he is asked to run a lot?
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 3:15 am

Honestly, anyone who says any rookie will never be something is just being naive.

There is this thing called player development..

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Thu May 09, 2019 4:11 am

the ravens used two out of their first 3 picks to draft receivers. they intend to have a competitive passing attack.
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:50 am

FuzzySignificance wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:11 am the ravens used two out of their first 3 picks to draft receivers. they intend to have a competitive passing attack.
Or they had a need in that offense to have deep speed that the defense needs to respect to open up the middle of the field for shorter routes & the run game.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu May 09, 2019 6:05 am

Or you cannot run an NFL offense when an aged Crabtree, John Brown & Willie Snead are your top three guys.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 am

Phaded wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:15 am Honestly, anyone who says any rookie will never be something is just being naive.

There is this thing called player development..
This is also dynasty where owners have to make projections 3 years down the road on players. Everyone makes their own projections on players all the time. Some are writing off rookies before they have ever played a snap in the NFL. I don't see you or anybody making these comments in those threads, so why is Lamar off limits?