Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:00 pm There were some that were beating the pro Lamar drum and were excited about how this organization was drafting players built around speed.

That said, none of us really expected, I suspect, his ascent to be so rapid.
Ya I remember mentioning the speed between Lamar/Hollywood/Hill but I had obvious doubts and I wouldn't even say that's the huge part of their success

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:25 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:00 pm There were some that were beating the pro Lamar drum and were excited about how this organization was drafting players built around speed.

That said, none of us really expected, I suspect, his ascent to be so rapid.
Ya I remember mentioning the speed between Lamar/Hollywood/Hill but I had obvious doubts and I wouldn't even say that's the huge part of their success
Yea I've got Hollywood/Andrews/Hill, but I wasn't even particularly high on the Ravens. Scooped up Andrews last year early when I noticed he was putting up some decent numbers on limited volume, but as a pure receiving threat. When I picked Hollywood, I was thinking talent>situation, and I took Hill later because I figured the run game would at least be good. I slept on Lamar hard though, and never even really considered the possibility that they would become the best offense in the league.

Lamar is incredible though, and in year 2 has already reached essentially the peak ceiling of what people thought Vick could be. He and the Ravens are by far the most fun player/team to watch in the league.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:09 pm

They're still building, btw. Set to have top-3 cap space next year, and their usual fockery of compensatory picks in a loaded skill position draft in 2020.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... every-team

https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddkarpov ... af4a6439f9
The Ravens will be able to get some dead money off their books and will have $58.4 million in salary-cap space entering 2020. This is a major boost for a franchise that has been forced to get creative with the cap for most of the past decade...
They're setup for a huge 2 year run that is all-in on Lamar. There's a reason he's rocking those sick wraparound shades right now... 8-) The future be bright.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:14 pm

On Lamar vs Mahomes: I don’t think there’s any kind of consensus, either in real or fantasy football who’s tops right now. But, I do think there will be in a few weeks.

We already saw Mahomes go toe to toe with the Pats in the playoffs. Gave em the best game they got in that SB run. And, we’ve already seen Lamar torch NE in the regular season this year.

What’s gonna (kinda) settle this for me, is what happens if(when) we see a Baltimore/New England playoff matchup. I can’t say I know what to expect there. Maybe that regular season game was the real deal, and Belichick doesn’t have an answer for Lamar either. If that’s the case? Man. This NE defense is incredibly good this year, seems to be flying kinda under the radar. Belichick is of course the goat. If that’s not enough to stop Lamar when it counts, I’ll put him ahead of Mahomes.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:51 pm

honcho55 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:14 pm What’s gonna (kinda) settle this for me, is what happens if(when) we see a Baltimore/New England playoff matchup. I can’t say I know what to expect there. Maybe that regular season game was the real deal, and Belichick doesn’t have an answer for Lamar either. If that’s the case? Man. This NE defense is incredibly good this year, seems to be flying kinda under the radar. Belichick is of course the goat. If that’s not enough to stop Lamar when it counts, I’ll put him ahead of Mahomes.
The sneaky dirty secret of NE right now though is that they really can't score. Brady is bottoming out in a big time swoon - perhaps this will finally be the one that's permanent? Just kidding. :) Meanwhile, the Ravens D is really finding form and is perfectly built to counter spacing attacks with 3 legitimate lock-down Corners. When Marcus Peters just has to cover the third-best WR, you know you're on to something.

If it comes down to a 14-10 defensive grind fest, I'd have my money on Lamar finding a way. He can break defenses in the clutch in ways that other teams just cannot.

It's going to be a great playoffs.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 pm

The AFC is basically over until the AFC Championship game. Only 3 teams can win the AFC and I would put the odds at something like:

50% NE
45% Baltimore
5% KC and only if Mahomes goes insane

Everyone is loving on the Ravens (and rightfully so) and hating on the Pats right now, but so long as the Pats have Brady, Belichick and Home Field they have to be considered the favorites until proven otherwise. There has been a point in the regular season each of the past 5 or so years that everyone is convinced that the end of the Patriots reign has finally come, and then there they are playing in the AFC Championship and SB. They just find a way to get the job done and know how to win better than any team in the league. Baltimore is going to be a very strong test though and can absolutely get the job done, but I'm not putting them (or anyone else) over NE until they go out and do it in the playoffs.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 pm The AFC is basically over until the AFC Championship game. Only 3 teams can win the AFC and I would put the odds at something like:

50% NE
45% Baltimore
5% KC and only if Mahomes goes insane

Everyone is loving on the Ravens (and rightfully so) and hating on the Pats right now, but so long as the Pats have Brady, Belichick and Home Field they have to be considered the favorites until proven otherwise. There has been a point in the regular season each of the past 5 or so years that everyone is convinced that the end of the Patriots reign has finally come, and then there they are playing in the AFC Championship and SB. They just find a way to get the job done and know how to win better than any team in the league. Baltimore is going to be a very strong test though and can absolutely get the job done, but I'm not putting them (or anyone else) over NE until they go out and do it in the playoffs.
Yea the Patriots are by far the best out pulling out all the stops and using every little trick in the book when the timing is right. I’m pretty sure come playoff time they’ll be able to figure something up to at least give them a shot at the end, at worst.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 pm

I'm just looking forward to this Sunday's match up. Apparently the Ravens lost their starting C for the year in Monday night's game, unfortunately. That DL vs the Raven's OL is going to be a great matchup. They bullied the Rams front seven last week, looking forward to seeing them against the best DL in football.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 pm I'm just looking forward to this Sunday's match up. Apparently the Ravens lost their starting C for the year in Monday night's game, unfortunately. That DL vs the Raven's OL is going to be a great matchup. They bullied the Rams front seven last week, looking forward to seeing them against the best DL in football.
Ya, sucks about Skura, but the Ravens OL is still legit and I think they can hold up well. Ronnie Stanley is playing at an All-Pro level and Orlando Brown Jr is playing great too, they are definitely at or very near the top of the OT duo list.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:42 am

It's also likely that the Pats will the #1 seed, which means that the Ravens (likely #2) and the Chiefs (probable #3) will face off in the Divisional round. So the two biggest threats to the Pats will face off and one will be eliminated. The Pats best chance at dealing with the Ravens (who are built to beat the Pats in Foxborough) is if Mahomes gets hot and takes down the Raves in Baltimore.

TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TampaBay216 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:19 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:42 am It's also likely that the Pats will the #1 seed, which means that the Ravens (likely #2) and the Chiefs (probable #3) will face off in the Divisional round. So the two biggest threats to the Pats will face off and one will be eliminated. The Pats best chance at dealing with the Ravens (who are built to beat the Pats in Foxborough) is if Mahomes gets hot and takes down the Raves in Baltimore.
Yeah, I agree with that breakdown.
Team 1
12 team IDP PPR Single QB

QB: J. Burrow, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Williams
WR: C. Lamb, J. Jefferson, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A.J. Brown
TE: S. LaPorta D. Geodert, T. Kelce
DL: D. Hunter, C. Granderson, B. Chubb
LB: P. Queen, R. Smith, CJ Mosley
CB: J. Thompson, CJGJ, P. Adebo

Team 2
14 Team TEP SF PPR IDP

QB: P. Mahomes, A. Richardson , B. Young
RB: B. Robinson, J. Gibbs
WR: T. Higgins, M. Brown, D. London, D. Wicks, Q. Johnston
TE: D. Njoku, I. Likely

Picks: 24’ - 1.10 - 2.09 - 2.14 - 3.09 - 3.13

Team 3
12 team IDP SF PPR TEP

QB: L. Jackson, J. Hurts, B. Young, Rodgers
RB: B. Hall, J. Gibbs, I. Pacheco, A. Kamara
WR: P. Nacua, Deebo, JSN, Sutton, M. Brown
TE: T. Hockenson, J. Ferguson
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, R. Spillane, B. Wagner, D. Greenlaw
DB: J. Brisker, B. Baker, K. Moore
DL: D. Hunter, M. Garrett, K. Paye, Q. Williams

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:30 am

The Pats offense has also struggled with o-line issues, and Brady typically struggles (as do most QBs not named Russel Wilson) when they don't get good protection. And for some reason the running game has also not really clicked either. So I won't lay the blame on Brady when there's a host of issues at play.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:30 am

mild wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:51 pm The sneaky dirty secret of NE right now though is that they really can't score. Brady is bottoming out in a big time swoon - perhaps this will finally be the one that's permanent? Just kidding. :) Meanwhile, the Ravens D is really finding form and is perfectly built to counter spacing attacks with 3 legitimate lock-down Corners. When Marcus Peters just has to cover the third-best WR, you know you're on to something.

If it comes down to a 14-10 defensive grind fest, I'd have my money on Lamar finding a way. He can break defenses in the clutch in ways that other teams just cannot.

It's going to be a great playoffs.
I think NE will have a tough time beating either KC or BAL if they meet in the playoffs, but I also wouldn't count them out. LT Isaiah Wynn back healthy could be a huge boost to the offense, and let's not forget that Brady won SB MVP in the epic comeback vs ATL throwing to Julian Edelman, James White, Malcolm Mitchell, Danny Amendola, and Martellus Bennett.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:27 am

White hasn't been that effective for NE. He's been good, but they really need a 2nd weapon, and right now they don't have one. I haven't watched a lotta games, so can't really speak to it, but my guess is teams are just sitting on the short throws, smothering Edelmann and the run game, without much concern for mid and deep throws, since Brady doesn't have any weapons, a lotta time or a strong arm.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Got it done today against a very good defense in the rain.