Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:17 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 am Running QBs always makes me worry. It only takes one leg injury to relegate him to that of a pocket passer. Cam Newton did great for 8 seasons but now what? Teddy Bridgewater with a leg injury. Deshaun Watson with a leg injury. RG3... if he was ever any good to begin with.

Russell Wilson is not a running QB. He is a pocket passer that sometimes has to scramble when forced to. That's the kind of QB I like. Lamar has plays designed specifically for him to run. That's scary to me.

But damn... if he can stay healthy, this guy is the guy I want in my lineup every week... I'm fighting with myself internally.
what about when he ran into brockers? he got jacked up and got dumped into the ground. he got straight back up but one day a defender is gonna get him good and proper. it's inevitable. there are no such things as old running qbs.
What about Watson getting sacked behind that bad OL? Those hits look worse to me and they are usually unexpected. Not to mention he's the one that's already dealt with injuries. Hell, Luck just retired due to injury and he wasn't a rushing QB.

Not saying it can't happen to Lamar, but this is football lol. The fact that injury concern is his only negative right now should tell you A LOT. Dudes the MVP as of right now and his starting numbers are insane. Enjoy it a little bit 🙂

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:44 am

I bought LJ about 4 weeks ago in a 16 team single QB PPR league for

Darnold
Hockenson
Darel Henderson and
A late 2020 1st

Pretty happy with that trade as LJ is helping me with a championship push.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:45 am

all i know is the nfl adapts. the ravens are having their way with these lighter fronts of opposing teams geared up to stop the pass. teams will begin to mold their teams to stop the run. that's when we'll find out about lamar jackson.

look at what's happened to wentz and goff. it's up to their teams to reinvent themselves offensively because what they're doing now isn't working anymore.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:00 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:44 am I bought LJ about 4 weeks ago in a 16 team single QB PPR league for

Darnold
Hockenson
Darel Henderson and
A late 2020 1st

Pretty happy with that trade as LJ is helping me with a championship push.
:shock: :clap:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:35 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:45 am all i know is the nfl adapts. the ravens are having their way with these lighter fronts of opposing teams geared up to stop the pass. teams will begin to mold their teams to stop the run. that's when we'll find out about lamar jackson.

look at what's happened to wentz and goff. it's up to their teams to reinvent themselves offensively because what they're doing now isn't working anymore.
I agree. My first time watching a full Ravens game last night and it was impressive but it doesn't look like they reinvented the wheel. There's a lot of things I have questions about, like how they'll play in "catch-up" mode if they're not playing with a lead, how they'll respond if Lamar gets nicked up or injured, or how they'll play if a defense is simply good enough to stuff the run. I suspect the current iteration of the Ravens offense is not going to work forever, so I look forward to seeing how it evolves. To his credit, Lamar looked pretty sharp on the short-intermediate throws I saw him execute. I fell asleep at halftime .

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 am

No doubt Jackson is amazing and much better passer than anyone expected ... but people are deluding themselves to think he can keep up this usage level running the ball. He took a lot of hits last night. That’ll eventually catch up to him. Hopefully he continues to develop as a passer, but right now I’d definitely keep Mahomes at QB1 in front of him. Much better odds Mahomes can sustain his play &value longer than Jackson.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:24 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 am No doubt Jackson is amazing and much better passer than anyone expected ... but people are deluding themselves to think he can keep up this usage level running the ball. He took a lot of hits last night. That’ll eventually catch up to him. Hopefully he continues to develop as a passer, but right now I’d definitely keep Mahomes at QB1 in front of him. Much better odds Mahomes can sustain his play &value longer than Jackson.

Yea he did, ive watched all his games this year because I actually like the guy a lot outside FF. They should of took him out before that 5th TD. I think he wanted it personally that's why they didn't take him out. He needs to slide a little more as well. Rams were starting to target his legs which was scaring me.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm If they dispersed the whole league and started to draft all players again there is no doubt he would be picked 1.01 by all teams.
This is the dumbest and most wrong thing that has ever been said in this forum.

Even the Ravens would take Mahomes.
I’m ok with you thinking that, but that doesn’t make it so. This will be interesting to revisit in a few years.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 am

I will also say this. Lamar Jackson stepped I to a perfect situation, with a team that has an amazing defense, has schemed around his strengths and weaknesses and has a very good RB in Ingram. I think the team will flatter and hide some of his weaknesses for quite a while.

Last post season, when the offense had fewer weapons, he got his butt SHUT DOWN. It will be harder for teams to do that to my fwd as the Ravens have more dangerous WRs and a heck of an RB. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots or the 49ers (in a potential Super Bowl matchup) shut down Jackson.

Like I said, I own him and want him to do well. But I've also watched a few of his games, and he can make easy throws and deep throws, but he struggles with NFL throws from the pocket. A team with a good d-line and fast linebackers should be able to contain him and force him to throw with pressure. Let's see what happens when he faces that.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:35 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:45 am all i know is the nfl adapts. the ravens are having their way with these lighter fronts of opposing teams geared up to stop the pass. teams will begin to mold their teams to stop the run. that's when we'll find out about lamar jackson.

I agree. My first time watching a full Ravens game last night and it was impressive but it doesn't look like they reinvented the wheel. There's a lot of things I have questions about, like how they'll play in "catch-up" mode if they're not playing with a lead, how they'll respond if Lamar gets nicked up or injured, or how they'll play if a defense is simply good enough to stuff the run. I suspect the current iteration of the Ravens offense is not going to work forever, so I look forward to seeing how it evolves. To his credit, Lamar looked pretty sharp on the short-intermediate throws I saw him execute. I fell asleep at halftime .
Very good point. Lamar has a strong arm but that doesn't mean he is a great deep-ball passer or even a great passer overall. He has developed into a good passer, but he hasn't faced much adversity in that way this year. Brissett also looked like he had become a great passer after a few weeks this year, but then he got exposed as someone who is much more of a game-manager in the Alex Smith mode. OBVIOUSLY, I am not comparing them as quarterbacks, but as passers of the football right now in their careers, I believe they have similar talent.

When they're down 42-31 in the super bowl, I'm interested to see what the offense looks like (hopefully more Hollywood and Andrews!)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:49 am

Mahomes vs Lamar is like asking would you rather have a younger Rodgers in his prime or Vick. There's arguments for both sides in fantasy but I think most front offices would opt for Rodgers.

But let's all just be happy that for once the Patriots missed on their scouting reports and didn't draft Lamar 31st overall.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:49 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 am No doubt Jackson is amazing and much better passer than anyone expected ... but people are deluding themselves to think he can keep up this usage level running the ball. He took a lot of hits last night. That’ll eventually catch up to him. Hopefully he continues to develop as a passer, but right now I’d definitely keep Mahomes at QB1 in front of him. Much better odds Mahomes can sustain his play &value longer than Jackson.
Very well said. I sincerely hope he doesn't learn his lesson the HARD way, about sliding at the end of runs.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:51 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 am I will also say this. Lamar Jackson stepped I to a perfect situation, with a team that has an amazing defense, has schemed around his strengths and weaknesses and has a very good RB in Ingram. I think the team will flatter and hide some of his weaknesses for quite a while.

Last post season, when the offense had fewer weapons, he got his butt SHUT DOWN. It will be harder for teams to do that to my fwd as the Ravens have more dangerous WRs and a heck of an RB. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots or the 49ers (in a potential Super Bowl matchup) shut down Jackson.

Like I said, I own him and want him to do well. But I've also watched a few of his games, and he can make easy throws and deep throws, but he struggles with NFL throws from the pocket. A team with a good d-line and fast linebackers should be able to contain him and force him to throw with pressure. Let's see what happens when he faces that.
Sounds like the 49ers next week! Bosa & Buckner up front, Warner in the middle, and a solid secondary behind.

I really hope they flex that game out of the AM schedule, if that's a possibility.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:51 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 am I will also say this. Lamar Jackson stepped I to a perfect situation, with a team that has an amazing defense, has schemed around his strengths and weaknesses and has a very good RB in Ingram. I think the team will flatter and hide some of his weaknesses for quite a while.

Sounds like the 49ers next week! Bosa & Buckner up front, Warner in the middle, and a solid secondary behind.

I really hope they flex that game out of the AM schedule, if that's a possibility.
Was thinking they might but with Houston/NE at night already, I doubt they do

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:02 pm

Redraft leagues: Jackson > Mahomes
Jackson in this iteration of BAL's offense is incredibly difficult to stop. If you sell out to stop him from running, he'll gash you on slants or deep throws. If you don't load up the box, he'll just run for first downs until you do. Plus, rushing production > passing production in most fantasy scoring formats, especially in 4 pt passing TD formats.

Dynasty formats: Mahomes >= Jackson
Jackson is a dynamic runner, but Mahomes has speed and mobility. The difference is that BAL is happy to draw up a ton of designed run plays and/or let him loose. On the other hand, while Jackson has proven that he can absolutely be a pocket passer and has a great arm, Mahomes is still better at reading the field and making those incredible throws. Long-term, yes all injuries are unpredictable, but at some point, the sheer volume of runs by Jackson exposes him to a greater risk of injury.

Real life NFL: Mahomes > Jackson
If you don't think that every single NFL team would draft Mahomes over Jackson, I'm not sure how to explain it to you that you're wrong. Greg Roman has been incredible at adapting the offense to Jackson's strengths and capitalizing on his running ability, but in terms of pure QB talent, Mahomes > Jackson. Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers in his prime as a passer and has 75% of Jackson's mobility and rushing upside. The way he reads the field, keeps plays alive, and makes incredible throws is unparalleled. If he stays healthy, Mahomes has a chance to go down in history as the greatest QB of all time, and I say that as a huge Brady fan.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd