Week 11 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 11 Discussion

Postby Phaded » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Mason Rudolph legit started that.

You can call some Browns dirty, but don't go acting like the Steelers were clean.

Pouncey kicked Garrett repeatedly in the head after he was taken to the ground.

Those two should both be suspended multiple games.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:48 pm Mason Rudolph legit started that.

You can call some Browns dirty, but don't go acting like the Steelers were clean.

Yep.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Agreed on all fronts. And of course the spin from the booth, "m-maybe Mason got his hand stuck in his helmet and that's why he was trying to rip it off"

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Agreed on all fronts. And of course the spin from the booth, "m-maybe Mason got his hand stuck in his helmet and that's why he was trying to rip it off"
I thought that was hilarious.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Yeah, I legit laughed out loud at the way they tried to spin that one.

Also - lot of respect for Baker for the way he just handled that post game interview when inevitably being asked about how the game ended.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Baker was really good in that moment. Totally agree.

The Garrett play is terrible. While others were guilty of fighting, you just 100% cannot swing a helmet at someone's head when they are not wearing one. I don't care how it started, that is borderline assault. One thing I don't think we've ever seen is a civil lawsuit over something like that but Mason would certainly have a case here. That'd be crazy. I always expect that a hockey fight would eventually go in that direction one day.

Well, now we have to listen to this story all week long. I'm saying 98% chance that this is the top story on PTI tomorrow. I need a Stephen A rant on this one too LOL.
Last edited by Needalife on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Rudolph was pissed about the late hit from Myles when the game was over. And either way really:
I hate the Steelers but altercations happen pretty often - especially over late hits. Trying to cut someone's skull open does not. Garrett will not be suspended for the rest of the season as he should be

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:19 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Rudolph was pissed about the late hit from Myles when the game was over. And either way really:
I hate the Steelers but altercations happen pretty often - especially over late hits. Trying to cut someone's skull open does not. Garrett will not be suspended for the rest of the season as he should be
Wasn't even flagged for a late hit. He's entitled to finish the process of the tackle, he didn't drive his body into the ground with his body weight. It was a clean football play, and Rudolph needs to handle it. Not condoning the helmet swing, but it was instigated by Rudolph. Garrett went too far, but Rudolph is an idiot for trying to pull his helmet off, and aggressively going after him again once Garrett had his helmet. Garrett only used the helmet once Rudolph went at him again. I still don't condone it, but at every turn, Rudolph was asking for something. Garrett was way out of line for the helmet swing. Up to that point, it was a pretty intense scuffle, but Garrett needs to be suspended for some time, and the Steelers OL for a bit as well. At least 2 games for the OL, so the doesn't get on the field for the rematch.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm Baker was really good in that moment. Totally agree.

The Garrett play is terrible. While others were guilty of fighting, you just 100% cannot swing a helmet at someone's head when they are not wearing one. I don't care how it started, that is borderline assault. One thing I don't think we've ever seen is a civil lawsuit over something like that but Mason would certainly have a case here. That'd be crazy. I always expect that a hockey fight would eventually go in that direction one day.

Well, now we have to listen to this story all week long. I'm saying 98% chance that this is the top story on PTI tomorrow. I need a Stephen A rant on this one too LOL.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mcsorley ... e-1.252239

It's already happened, though not a fight. Guy used his stick as a weapon to a player who wasn't even looking, basically. Not a civil lawsuit, but he got charged with assault.

A civil suit happened a few years back when a player jumped another player from behind and started punching him, to get back at him for a headshot on their star player. The act broke the players neck, and he had to retire from the game.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/st ... -1.2756008
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm

I don't think any of the Steelers lineman should be suspended or fined a single red cent. Rudolph absolutely started it but then he ripped off his helment and bashed him with it a man coming off a conclusion. I thought he was lucky they didn't rip his helmet off and then start beating his bleep. Should be gone for a full 16 games imo
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm I don't think any of the Steelers lineman should be suspended or fined a single red cent. Rudolph absolutely started it but then he ripped off his helment and bashed him with it a man coming off a conclusion. I thought he was lucky they didn't rip his helmet off and then start beating his bleep. Should be gone for a full 16 games imo
Kicking and throwing punches should absolutely lead to a fine and suspension.

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm Baker was really good in that moment. Totally agree.

Hockey fights are with fists. This is a damn helmet. Totally different. It definitely qualifies for assault with a deadly weapon.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 pm

And on the game front...thank you Joe Schobert for starting several of my IDP leagues off with a huge lead! Underrated and at times under appreciated but always a good producer in the IDP realm

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm

In 2005, Albert Haynesworth got handed an "unprecedented" five game suspension for removing the helmet of Dallas C Andre Gurode, then stomping on his head.

Didn't use anything as a weapon, but it's the closest thing I can think of. Taking off a player's helmet before causing trauma to the head. With the increased focus on player protection and information about CTE, gotta be thinking a season-long suspension is in play.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm In 2005, Albert Haynesworth got handed an "unprecedented" five game suspension for removing the helmet of Dallas C Andre Gurode, then stomping on his head.

Didn't use anything as a weapon, but it's the closest thing I can think of. Taking off a player's helmet before causing trauma to the head. With the increased focus on player protection and information about CTE, gotta be thinking a season-long suspension is in play.
I could see the rest of the season, yes.