Week 11 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Week 11 Discussion

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:58 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:54 am I don't like it, but I feel if any suspensions other than Garrett get handed out it would be smart to make them 2 games so that they don't play each other.
and miss out on a grudge rematch? no way!

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:05 am

Also y'all calling Rudolph a punk you did see Garret slam him down when the play was nowhere near them right???? That was why Rudolph was pissed
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:09 am

I didn't realize this, but just saw it on Twitter & thought it was worth mentioning..

Last night wasn't the first time Garrett has displayed some actionable behavior this season

- Week 1: Ended Trevor Simeon's season (ankle) on a Roughing the Passer / late hit
**In fairness, I think he was just trying to make a play here. The ball was clearly out. But in real time, it looks like it's still in Siemian's hand as Myles initiates contact. You be the judge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDNvgNUlse4

- Week 2: Garrett punched Delanie Walker in the face after the whistle

- Week 11: He obviously crossed the line here. Agree that Rudolf should have backed tf up and shouldn't have gone asking for a fight that could put him in the hospital for a very long time (and nearly did). But Myles was way out of line. An argument could also be made that he "started it" by taking Rudolf to the ground late and appeared to be holding him there

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:21 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:05 am Also y'all calling Rudolph a punk you did see Garret slam him down when the play was nowhere near them right???? That was why Rudolph was pissed
well if you want to play QB in the nfl and earn the big bucks you have to get used to it.
keep doing that every time you get hit late and aside from all the flags you'd get for roughing the passer get nullified, you'll lose a teeth or two and won't last too long.
snide hits, plays the tough guy with his bodyguards, then acts like a hysterical kid crying for his mom when he gets a slap. what a coward.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am

Yeah hearing Mason say "I'll never back down from a fight" in the press conference just sounded so foolish....like maybe you should, pal. Cause you just got man-handled on national TV (before the helmet swing) by a guy who had a 6'5" 320lbs man between the two of you...

That'd be like a grizzly bear approaching me and instead of running, I stand there and say "I ain't no bitch"

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:36 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:05 am Also y'all calling Rudolph a punk you did see Garret slam him down when the play was nowhere near them right???? That was why Rudolph was pissed
and yet the play wasn't flagged, in a league that's molly coddling QB's now. There was nothing egregious about the initial hit.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:58 am

Rudolph should be pissed at his pathetic play, and I would venture to think that was the bulk of his anger at the end, not necessarily Garrett's hit.

But hey maybe Rudolph is a genius and incited a brawl to take the headlines away from what a sorry excuse for a QB he is right now.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am Yeah hearing Mason say "I'll never back down from a fight" in the press conference just sounded so foolish....like maybe you should, pal. Cause you just got man-handled on national TV (before the helmet swing) by a guy who had a 6'5" 320lbs man between the two of you...

That'd be like a grizzly bear approaching me and instead of running, I stand there and say "I ain't no bitch"
...did he say that?
What an idiot - and it's not that he wasn't backing down from a fight, he instigated it.

He deserved to get the bleep kicked out of him for being a little bitch, Garrett's retaliation was in the heat of the moment and excessive, true - but Mason deserved that. Garrett had three guys in his face after a punk young QB was taking cheap shots at him.

The more I look at this, the more I feel that Garrett won't be suspended the full season and the more I feel that Mason Rudolph deserves a suspension too.

If Big Ben was back there - guess what, none of this happens.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:53 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am Yeah hearing Mason say "I'll never back down from a fight" in the press conference just sounded so foolish....like maybe you should, pal. Cause you just got man-handled on national TV (before the helmet swing) by a guy who had a 6'5" 320lbs man between the two of you...

...did he say that?
What an idiot - and it's not that he wasn't backing down from a fight, he instigated it.

He deserved to get the bleep kicked out of him for being a little bitch, Garrett's retaliation was in the heat of the moment and excessive, true - but Mason deserved that. Garrett had three guys in his face after a punk young QB was taking cheap shots at him.

The more I look at this, the more I feel that Garrett won't be suspended the full season and the more I feel that Mason Rudolph deserves a suspension too.

If Big Ben was back there - guess what, none of this happens.
Correction: He said "I'm not gonna back down from any bully out there" - but the point stands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pgFr8Osrrg (1:45)

As a Steelers fan, I find it a bit worrisome that Rudolf appears to take zero responsibility for what happened, just calls Garrett a coward/bush-league

I also just read that Rudolf's agent suggested they may take legal action against Garrett

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:57 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am He deserved to get the bleep kicked out of him for being a little bitch, Garrett's retaliation was in the heat of the moment and excessive, true - but Mason deserved that. Garrett had three guys in his face after a punk young QB was taking cheap shots at him.
I'm sorry, what? Am I reading that correctly that you think Rudolph deserved to have a heavy object swung at his exposed head on a football field? Because that's how that reads... What in the world? That literally could have inflicted permanent brain damage or worse if it was twisted a little different or hit him in a little different spot...

That's... the worst take ever on this website?
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am The more I look at this, the more I feel that Garrett won't be suspended the full season and the more I feel that Mason Rudolph deserves a suspension too.
Um yeah, Rudolph should definitely be suspended as well. It's not like there's some finite amount of games that can be handed out as suspensions, where they have to shift one way or the other based on what other players get... Garrett can (and should) get a minimum or 6 games, Rudolph should get 2 probably, Pouncey should probably get 1 or 2 (for the kicking, not really for the shoving punching), and then sprinkle 1 or 2 each out to Larry O and anyone else that threw and punch or took a cheap shot just because the situation was just so out of hand.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:00 am

Just came out that:
- Garrett gets an indefinite suspension
- Pouncey gets 3 games

As of now, it looks like Rudolf won't be suspended

This could get ugly when they play each other again in 2 weeks (assuming Rudolf starts lol)

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:04 am

Garrett indefinite suspension, minimum of regular- and post-season. Pouncey 3 games. Ogunjobi 1 game.

"Additional punishment for other players will be forthcoming"

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/sta ... 78/photo/1

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:00 am As of now, it looks like Rudolf won't be suspended
good enough punishment for the steelers that!

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:09 am

I can't even with the "BuT RUdoPH StarTED iT!!!!" people. A bunch of children...... and I presume some Browns fans.

As if (from what I've seen) what Rudolph did doesn't happen in at LEAST 50% of the games with no suspension. You see, WRs and DBs in particular, both grabbing a face mask and screwing off after plays constantly. They get flagged, we all move on.

Edit:

But I love that this came out of the whole thing....

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 am

Ya, Rudolph is certainly not without fault in this, but Garrett escalated it to an extreme and absolutely unacceptable level. That could have ended up FAR worse.