Week 11 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 11 Discussion

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Not much positive to say of Rudolph this game. Poor all the way through, finishing with a questionable decision to try and yank off Garrett’s helmet. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish with that other than take out some of his frustrations. Garrett had a right to be angry, but obviously no right to swing the players helmet. He should be suspended the rest of the season. Heat of the moment, self defense, it doesn’t matter. The league can’t condone that and should remove him from the field until next year to show it and let time pass to move past the incident.

Unfortunate ending to a poor game. Classic Thursday Night football.

Edit: Pouncey should get a game too IMO, though his actions were justified to an extent. Nothing for Ogunjobi. He bumped him over. Rudolph was not innocent on the incident.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 pm
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm I don't think any of the Steelers lineman should be suspended or fined a single red cent. Rudolph absolutely started it but then he ripped off his helment and bashed him with it a man coming off a conclusion. I thought he was lucky they didn't rip his helmet off and then start beating his bleep. Should be gone for a full 16 games imo
Kicking and throwing punches should absolutely lead to a fine and suspension.
You must be a browns fan. Any offensive lineman who wouldn't have done the same for there QB has a huge gaping hole inbetween their legs. Like I said I'm surprised they didn't try and kill him. I'm a chiefs fan if he did this to mahomes I'd be calling for this man's death
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:45 pm
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm I don't think any of the Steelers lineman should be suspended or fined a single red cent. Rudolph absolutely started it but then he ripped off his helment and bashed him with it a man coming off a conclusion. I thought he was lucky they didn't rip his helmet off and then start beating his bleep. Should be gone for a full 16 games imo
You must be a browns fan. Any offensive lineman who wouldn't have done the same for there QB has a huge gaping hole inbetween their legs. Like I said I'm surprised they didn't try and kill him. I'm a chiefs fan if he did this to mahomes I'd be calling for this man's death
With your line of reasoning Garrett shouldn’t be fined or suspended either, as Rudolph was the aggressor/instigator and Garrett only completed what Rudolph tried to do...and he was then being charged by two Steelers.

Each player is responsible for their actions here. To claim someone else is biased when your opinion is clearly such as well, seems silly. There should be reprimands for both teams. Pouncey and Garrett both went too far. Rudolph is an idiot, but I don’t expect much coming his way, other than a potential benching due to his performance.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 pm

With your line of reasoning Garrett shouldn’t be fined or suspended either, as Rudolph was the aggressor/instigator and Garrett only completed what Rudolph tried to do...and he was then being charged by two Steelers.

Each player is responsible for their actions here. To claim someone else is biased when your opinion is clearly such as well, seems silly. There should be reprimands for both teams. Pouncey and Garrett both went too far. Rudolph is an idiot, but I don’t expect much coming his way here.
I'm not even arguing they won't be suspended. But they should be applauded and commended on there way as I'm sure they will be by every Steelers fan
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:59 pm

I'm not. It doesn't matter. They still need to suspend or fine them. Rudolph instigated this. Garrett went too far, and should be done for the year, but Pouncey still deserves to be fined at the least. I don't disagree with what they did, either. They should stick up for their QB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:01 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 pm

Each player is responsible for their actions here. To claim someone else is biased when your opinion is clearly such as well, seems silly. There should be reprimands for both teams. Pouncey and Garrett both went too far. Rudolph is an idiot, but I don’t expect much coming his way, other than a potential benching due to his performance.
Agreed. Although I believe Garrett does deserve the lengthiest suspension due to the helmet swing.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Mayfield looked pretty bad tonight. OBJ ran a tight route in the 4th quarter and he threw it like 20 yards over his head.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:12 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 pm Mayfield looked pretty bad tonight. OBJ ran a tight route in the 4th quarter and he threw it like 20 yards over his head.
Yeah, yet somehow he still put up his best FF performance of the year, when I am facing him in multiple leagues. :wall: He was good on the first drive, and that last TD pass was nice, but he is really wild with the football.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:37 pm

purplepride28 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 pm
Needalife wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm Baker was really good in that moment. Totally agree.

The Garrett play is terrible. While others were guilty of fighting, you just 100% cannot swing a helmet at someone's head when they are not wearing one. I don't care how it started, that is borderline assault. One thing I don't think we've ever seen is a civil lawsuit over something like that but Mason would certainly have a case here. That'd be crazy. I always expect that a hockey fight would eventually go in that direction one day.

Well, now we have to listen to this story all week long. I'm saying 98% chance that this is the top story on PTI tomorrow. I need a Stephen A rant on this one too LOL.
Hockey fights are with fists. This is a damn helmet. Totally different. It definitely qualifies for assault with a deadly weapon.
What hasn't been mentioned here is also how incredibly lucky everyone involved is that he "only" ended up making contact with the bottom part of the helmet. A slightly different turn of said helmet and we could have witnessed a skull fracture on national prime time television.

Just idiotic all the way around. I hope the suspensions end up reflecting how bad this could have gotten, but I'm skeptical.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 am

At least Garrett was smart enough to not punch him in helmet. He was gonna do it then thought better of it. He decided to bitch slap Rudolph using his helmet. I have no problem when wimpy players take on big mean players because they think the rules will protect them. Not this time. We need more of it.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:10 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:16 pm
Blueboy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:48 pm Mason Rudolph legit started that.

You can call some Browns dirty, but don't go acting like the Steelers were clean.

Pouncey kicked Garrett repeatedly in the head after he was taken to the ground.

Those two should both be suspended multiple games.
Agreed on all fronts. And of course the spin from the booth, "m-maybe Mason got his hand stuck in his helmet and that's why he was trying to rip it off"
Rudolph was pissed about the late hit from Myles when the game was over. And either way really:
I hate the Steelers but altercations happen pretty often - especially over late hits. Trying to cut someone's skull open does not. Garrett will not be suspended for the rest of the season as he should be
The hit wasn’t really late, but Garrett held on to him an awful long time. I think that’s probably what Rudolph was responding two when he tried to remove Garrett’s helmet. Garrett was probably just trying to close out the game by wasting time. Given the score, it’s not like it was impacting the outcome, so Rudolph’s reaction was over the top. Then Garrett took it even further.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:29 am

Just saw the highlights. IMO this was a very violent game, even if you remove the last stuff.

Im, not a fan of either team. I didnt watch the game, so there might be some hits I missed.

1) That play where Juju gets injured, there is IMO, 3 helmet to helmet tackles by the Browns. 1 on Mason after the ball was out, (I think there was a flag for that one) and two on Juju. No. 26 from Greedy Williams is equal as bad.

2) The play with Diontae Johnson where Randall knocks him out. I think he was ejected.
Its the kind of hits that destroys a players career. (remember Austin Collie) IMO he should get a fine for that hit.

3) The final play. After the ball is thrown, Myles Garrett tryes to throw Rudolph to the ground after the play is over. (well maybe not over, but the ball is 10 yd away) That should be a flag, then Rudolph risest and try to pull Garretts helmet off (stupid) that should be a flag.
Then Garrett pull him up by his facemask, that should be a flag, then he hits Rudolph with his own helmet that is so unacceptable.

If that dosent end up in a big bleep fine and at least suspension for the remainer of the season, something is wrong within this league.

Pouncey should get at least half of the Garrett fine and suspension. What an idiot.

So to sum it up, there should be multiple fines to the Browns.

In Soccer if you get a red card / Ejection, you cant play the next game and maybe more games depending on what the player did, maybe the league should implement that idea.

For example:

Randall one extra game suspension
Garrett is obvious at least the remainer of the season IMO
Pouncey 3 - 4 games, kicking a player lying down on his helmet, damn, maybe just give him the rest of the season aswell.

All of you who grew up watching this sport, do you think that would make a difference ?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:49 am

Not a fan of either team, but here are my thoughts. What Myles Garrett did was inexcusable and the dirtiest thing I've seen in a game since the Albert Haynesworth face stomp. Haynesworth got 5 games so I'm assuming Garrett gets at least that and possibly more.

I also don't think Rudolph is innocent either. If you watch the play he clearly shoves his cleat into Garrett's groin which prompts his helmet being torn off his head. Then Rudolph gets up like he really wants to get at Garrett but once the helmet swings he raises his arms up in the air like he was an innocent bystander that got hit. Rudolph should get a fine for his actions escalating the situation.

I'm sure Pouncey will get a game and fine, but I've got no issue with how he responded. That's what a lineman should do.

Bigger picture I think this is a result of trying to make a violent game less violent. In days of football past the players policed themselves. You blew someone up or took a cheap shot at your own peril because you knew the other team was going to retaliate. Now that player is immediately ejected so you cant exactly retaliate. Similar to baseball when you hit a batter. Throw at someone at your own team's peril, because someone is getting drilled because of you. I just think this doesnt escalate like it did if Garrett (or Rudolph) thought physical repercussions were coming.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 pm Rudolph might want to think twice about trying to rip the helmet off a Defensive End next time.
Kid hasn't looked right since the Earl hit

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:55 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 pm Mayfield looked pretty bad tonight. OBJ ran a tight route in the 4th quarter and he threw it like 20 yards over his head.
Looked to me like Odell ran an out so thinking that was the right route may be wrong completely.

That ball was placed at the line and if Odell didn’t run to the flat but angled to the boundary it would have hit him in the hands.

They were not on the same page, no way of knowing who was actually at fault there but those 2 need to get on the same page.

After watching that play a few a times it is pretty obvious Mayfield was throwing to a specific spot on the field in a timing route.

One of them obviously made a mistake.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts