Will Ryan Tannehill be a Starting NFL QB in 2020?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Re: Tannehill

Postby holy_stromboli » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 pm

aemmons wrote:
Dingram wrote:I feel as though Tannehill his one of the most underrated qbs around. I have I'm in my sig team, and feel confident he is my qb of the future. Would like to see them draft a LT next April, but feel as though they are adding some weapons around him
Ok see that's pretty much exactly how I feel, maybe a little bit less confident he is going to be the guy though. I drafted him knowing he's a project, but (as I said above) where does this guy miss? What doesn't he have?

Long leaving for the Rams hurt and they've had to make due but he's got all the tools. I think he gets lost in the shuffle b/c everyone loves the other guys (admittedly with good reason), but he's a player.
Problem is he is still one more year away from being considered a top 10 candidate. He needs a little more time in the oven.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:31 am

Let's go Tanny! Big game tonight! Pull out all the stops and go for 300+ and 3+TDs

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 pm

georg013 wrote:I wonder though, if he isnt a better NFL quarterback than fantasy quarterback. There is nothing that screams "I'm about to throw for 300 yards per game with 2+ touchdowns".
Could say the same about the golden boy, Andy Luck, since December 1st last year only 2 of 10 games (including playoffs) over 300 yards.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:10 am

holy_stromboli wrote:
aemmons wrote:
Dingram wrote:I feel as though Tannehill his one of the most underrated qbs around. I have I'm in my sig team, and feel confident he is my qb of the future. Would like to see them draft a LT next April, but feel as though they are adding some weapons around him
Ok see that's pretty much exactly how I feel, maybe a little bit less confident he is going to be the guy though. I drafted him knowing he's a project, but (as I said above) where does this guy miss? What doesn't he have?

Long leaving for the Rams hurt and they've had to make due but he's got all the tools. I think he gets lost in the shuffle b/c everyone loves the other guys (admittedly with good reason), but he's a player.
Problem is he is still one more year away from being considered a top 10 candidate. He needs a little more time in the oven.

Would agree with that, maybe 2 years

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Tannehill

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Has been performing well lately. Looking like he can be trusted next year to start. I have him as my QB2 behind Stafford and couldnt be happier with his recent play. Great win today.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Yes, he's progressing very nicely right now. I have him as my #2 behind Wilson, and went with Wilson for most of the games. Would be happy if I can start to rotate them to play the better match-up going forward.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:06 pm

to me its only been a matter of time until tanny cracks into the qb1 category. maybe he's there, maybe not, but owners can start to feel confident that he is developing nicely and confident that at minimum he will atleast be a quality 2nd qb on their rosters. i know ive got him in a few superflex leagues so im happy to see the progression.

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:56 pm

He has been playing well lately. Just imagine if they get him some help on the o-line.
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:19 pm

I've been starting Ryan Tannehill in relief of Aaron Rodgers for much of the season and he has certainly delivered. Couldn't be happier with his performance, especially this week in the fantasy playoffs. I think this kid is going to be very good for a long time, only a matter of time before he is a weekly starter IMO.

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:26 pm

SOLD on Tannehill.
Love the way he is developing.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Mike_Blahnik wrote:SOLD on Tannehill.
Love the way he is developing.
Agreed

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I had to do a total rebuild on one of my teams and he is my QB of the future. Very happy with what I am seeing so far.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:14 pm

I have him as my QB of the future and I'm cautiously optimistic about him. I'm curious if anyone (a Dolphin's fan perhaps) has watched all of these games (the last 6 or so that he's looked really good)? I'm asking in light of the whole Martin/Incognito thing... with 2/5 of their starting O-line out, one would think that pass blocking has been a lot worse and he's improved in spit of this, right? I have only watched the game he played vs. New England, who has a pretty poor pass defense at this point.Also, he's been running quite a bit the past few weeks as well.

I mean, if he had had a BAD couple weeks with the two Oline players out, we might have excused his poor play.... but he's been really good.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:28 pm

I have been watching Tannehill very closely this year. His progression has been remarkable considering that he played WR in college for two seasons. I am actually a little amazed at how under the radar this guy is relative to the other QBs from his class(Luck, RG3, Wilson, Foles). In the past 7 games since the Incognito debacle, Tannehill has had 5 different leading receivers while completing 65% of his passes. He is going through his progressions extremely well and has the arm to make any throw. He has very good pocket awareness and seems very adept at buying time with subtle shifts and movements while keeping his poise. If it were not for this ability, he would have been sacked even more than the league leading total of 51. When needed, he definitely has the ability to scramble. If Miami can put together a good o-line for him, I believe his potential upside is huge. I know a lot of people are going to scream at the thought of this, but I honestly think he is a better QB than Luck at this point and would not be surprised if he has a better career than Luck(no, I don't own Tannehill, yet). It's quite possible we will all look back 10 years from now and marvel at the QB class of 2012.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

What is Tannehill?

Postby KMA » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:05 am

Is he a future QB1 held back by the incompetency of the coaching staff and lackluster effort of one Mike Wallace or is he a QB2 who has been forced into expectations he will never live up to? Last season was supposed to be the year he turned the corner but turnovers and poor chemistry with Wallace hurt tremendously. What exactly is Tannehill in your eyes? I own him but think he may be on the block if things don't turn around this season (particularly with the turnovers). I realize the line was a mess, Wallace is a clown, and the coaching staff didn't do him any favors. Where do you stand on his long term prospects? Thanks in advance.

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry