colin kaepernick

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

colin kaepernick

Postby dvpkwys » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 pm

No mention of Kaps tryout?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: colin kaepernick

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Better try and buy him for a 2020 2nd before his value skyrockets to a early 2020 first. 🤣

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:25 pm

I think as a community we've all just exhausted this topic enough to give a hoot about him anymore :lol:
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 pm

He is old news.

Not sure who he would even start for much less who even wants to take on this nightmare even as a backup. Maybe he could get a backup job some place but I doubt it. He hasn't played in almost 3 years and was terrible his last year with a record of something like 1-10.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 pm He is old news.

Not sure who he would even start for much less who even wants to take on this nightmare even as a backup. Maybe he could get a backup job some place but I doubt it. He hasn't played in almost 3 years and was terrible his last year with a record of something like 1-10.
I'm about as interested in this as I was when Jamarcus Russell tried to make a comeback.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 pm He is old news.

I'm about as interested in this as I was when Jamarcus Russell tried to make a comeback.
Thanks a lot, now I will be thinking of Purple Drank and two lousy QB's. :wtf:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm

The biggest reason he was out of the league in the first place was because he would not accept the salary of a back-up quarterback. Unless that changes, he will remain out of the league and regardless, he won't be a good quarterback.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:48 am

Its entirely possible that this "workout" was part of the settlement that he reached with the NFL. He's been out of football for years and vastly overvalued his own value. He's going to need to sign a year or two prove it deal to even have a shot signing on with some team. And then you have the fact that teams need to change their structure (see Baltimore) to accomidate a QB like Collin who was a far better runner than passer.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:39 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm The biggest reason he was out of the league in the first place was because he would not accept the salary of a back-up quarterback. Unless that changes, he will remain out of the league and regardless, he won't be a good quarterback.
This right here wasn't that he was so bad, he just wouldn't accept what he was

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 am

don't call it a comeback... I been here for years

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 pm The biggest reason he was out of the league in the first place was because he would not accept the salary of a back-up quarterback. Unless that changes, he will remain out of the league and regardless, he won't be a good quarterback.
Is that really true though? I've heard both that he demands a huge salary and that he isn't asking for much.

I think he'd be a clear upgrade on a LOT of backups in this league. It's a sad blackball situation by the NFL if salary isn't the real reason for his exclusion.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:28 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 am
Is that really true though? I've heard both that he demands a huge salary and that he isn't asking for much.

I think he'd be a clear upgrade on a LOT of backups in this league. It's a sad blackball situation by the NFL if salary isn't the real reason for his exclusion.
I remember when he tried out for the Ravens I believe they offered him about 5M, Broncos said they offered him 7M
He didn't accept the reality, like RG3 did, he's not gonna come in to compete for a job, he's not your primary option, and you won't get paid like it

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 am

The Broncos tried to trade for him when he was with the 49ers but it was contingent on Kaep taking a pay cut, which he was not willing to do. The Broncos also made him an offer to be their back-up quarterback, and he declined.

The Ravens wanted to sign him and were about to make a concrete offer, until the racist tweet came out from Kaep's girlfriend about Ray Lewis & the owner. Then it never came to fruition.

There may have been other situations but those are the two that immediately come to mind.

Is it true that some teams didn't pursue him because of the media attention they would receive? Most likely - but I don't see it as any different than a Tim Tebow-esque situation where a bad quarterback just would not accept a back-up role.

Kaep's ego got just as much in the way. Maybe now after the Nike endorsement, he isn't as concerned about the financial aspect of it - but we will see. He had his opportunities to play in the league, but the reason he was not were self-imposed.

I also tend to agree with the theory that this workout was likely a part of the settlement.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am

Also if this was as a result of his role in the media and staging the protests. I've never understood why Eric Reid almost immediately reemerged in the NFL (missed 4 games, signed a prove it deal, then got a 22M 3yr contract)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 am I also tend to agree with the theory that this workout was likely a part of the settlement.
The crazy thing is, apparently Kaep and his crew had no idea this was coming. And it definitely seems like the NFL is intentionally making it as "hand wave-y" as possible in terms of how they're scheduling it (with no notice, and on a Saturday, when other teams will not be able to send any of their *actual* staff)

This reeks of a "setting him up to fail" situation.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1 ... 7707149312