Code Red Panic- David Johnson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11995
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 pm

I honestly think DJ would be better suited as a move TE/big slot in this offense. He's not the right fit as a runner, nor does he look good as a runner, and hasn't in a long time. He has good receiving ability, and they are stuck with him. I expect them to re sign Drake as their primary back, so maybe Kliff can figure out a way to implement DJ in the receiving game and as a blocker.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

nathanq42
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Maybe DJ can do what Fitz did for Arians?
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Gardner Minshew
RB Rashaad Penny, Austin Ekeler, Royce Freeman, Jerrick McKinnon, Justice Hill
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Zach Parscal, James Washington, Hakeem Butler
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller, Jacob Hollister

Picks
5 2020 firsts (3 in top 6 lottery, 1.7, 1.9)
2 2021 firsts (both mid to late)

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6046
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 pm
I honestly think DJ would be better suited as a move TE/big slot in this offense. He's not the right fit as a runner, nor does he look good as a runner, and hasn't in a long time. He has good receiving ability, and they are stuck with him. I expect them to re sign Drake as their primary back, so maybe Kliff can figure out a way to implement DJ in the receiving game and as a blocker.
He looked perfectly fine earlier in the year. He suffered through a year of Rosen who I said was awful at the time and now finally has been proven to be awful. the rocky start of both his head coachs “next level” scheme and another rookie QBs shaky start to their career and it’s ALL DJs fault now, I find that completely ridiculous. You must think Le’Veon Bell should be moved to TE as well then? Melvin Gordon too perhaps? The last game I saw Drake was running with daylight ahead of him and I kid you not he turned around and went backwards and lost yards. Drake has been a turd in the receiving department while DJ was averaging over 60 YPG. Nobody will ever convince me he’s a better option than a healthy DJ at any time for any situation.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11995
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:22 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 pm
I honestly think DJ would be better suited as a move TE/big slot in this offense. He's not the right fit as a runner, nor does he look good as a runner, and hasn't in a long time. He has good receiving ability, and they are stuck with him. I expect them to re sign Drake as their primary back, so maybe Kliff can figure out a way to implement DJ in the receiving game and as a blocker.
He looked perfectly fine earlier in the year. He suffered through a year of Rosen who I said was awful at the time and now finally has been proven to be awful. the rocky start of both his head coachs “next level” scheme and another rookie QBs shaky start to their career and it’s ALL DJs fault now, I find that completely ridiculous. You must think Le’Veon Bell should be moved to TE as well then? Melvin Gordon too perhaps? The last game I saw Drake was running with daylight ahead of him and I kid you not he turned around and went backwards and lost yards. Drake has been a turd in the receiving department while DJ was averaging over 60 YPG. Nobody will ever convince me he’s a better option than a healthy DJ at any time for any situation.
I don't think he looked good as a runner earlier in the year. The reality is DJ is stuck in Arizona, and Drake is the better player for that system. If they re sign Drake, why waste DJ's receiving skills and contract? There are ways he can get involved, without running the ball. He can even get some carries, but he's far more valuable as a receiver at this point in his career. He's not a good runner of the ball, and hasn't been for years IMO. Drake looks better to me, comparing what DJ looked like earlier in the year, compared to Drake, as a runner. Sat down and watched 3 games of Drake last night, and I don't think DJ has anything on him at this point. Not sure how you can say Drake is "a turd in the receiving department". I just watched 3 full games, and he made plays, and also caught a few outlet passes, with no chance of gaining yardage after the catch. Drake is a skilled receiver. He even made a toe tap catch on the sidelines that some WR's would have a tough time making. I have both players on my team, and I think Drake is the better player at this point for this offense, even when both are healthy.

As for Bell, I think he looks a lot better than DJ as a runner. I mention DJ as a guy who can play slot/move TE, because they use him as a blocker some already, and also line him up as a WR on plays. It's a way to maximize his best skill at this point, rather than simply have him sitting on the bench. He hasn't run the football well since 2016. We can look at a bunch of reasons beyond him as to why that is or might be, but he just hasn't, regardless.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

alewilliam789
Captain
Captain
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm

So will he get more plays next week after scoring a TD and showing good efficiency on a small sample size?
Are they saving David Johnson for next year when they know they’ll be more competitive and likely have a stronger O-line?

This would allow them to get the compensation pick when Drake leaves.

I mean it would make sense.

Or they just really like Drake.

Such an odd situation
12 Owner 1 PPR (4th Season) 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 DEF -- 20 man roster
Record: 7-6
QB - Watson, Prescott, Carr
WR - Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, AJ Brown, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, John Brown, Andy Isabella, Josh Reynolds
RB - Miles Sanders
TE - T.J. Hockenson, I Thomas, J. Oliver

Picks:
2020-
4 1sts, 5 2nds, and a 3rd


12 Owner 1 PPR (3rd Season) 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 DEF -- 20 man roster
Record: 6-7
QB: Rivers, Wentz, Lock
RB: David Johnson, Mixon, Hyde
WR: Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, AJ Green, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Josh Reynolds, Andy Isabella
TE: Kittle, OJ Howard, Chris Herndon

Picks:
2020-
1st and 3rd

12 Owner 1 PPR (1st Season) 1QB 1-3 RB 1-3 WR 1-2 TE
1 K 1D/ST — 20 man rosters
Record: 7-6
QB: Mahomes, Stafford
RB: Chubb, Guice, Penny, Duke Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Landry, Sutton, Marvin Jones, Harry, Crowder, Josh Reynolds
TE: Hooper, Goedert

2020:
2 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd Round Picks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11995
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 pm

alewilliam789 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm
So will he get more plays next week after scoring a TD and showing good efficiency on a small sample size?
Are they saving David Johnson for next year when they know they’ll be more competitive and likely have a stronger O-line?

This would allow them to get the compensation pick when Drake leaves.

I mean it would make sense.

Or they just really like Drake.

Such an odd situation
I could see them re signing Drake. They have 78 million in cap room. I don't really care, I have both on my team, but I think they like Drake. I would actually prefer Drake to sign somewhere else on a somewhat significant deal, so I could potentially have DJ as a starter again as well as Drake, but I just think he fits their system, and I would not be surprised if he got a 2 or 3 year deal in AZ.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

trader_nation
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby trader_nation » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm

Regardless of whether he can run or not, DJ quit even trying to run the ball, he gave up on plays like no player I have ever seen on any level of football. Who is better out of DJ and drake? No coach can ever pick the guy who chooses when he's going to try and make the line of scrimmage.

Mjvb5
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:01 am

he had 5 touches, I definitely wouldn't change his valuation at all from last week
12 team ppr 1qb 2rb 2wt 1te 1 flex 2lb 2db 2dl 1dflex
Eli manning,
A. Brown, Dez, TY Hilton,Crabtree, K. Aiken
D. Free, Howard, Ingram, demarco, AP, Powell
Kelce
Cam Jordan,Calais Campbell, Suh, Heyward, Sheard
Ogletree, Davis, Poz,Ragland, Woodyard, Misi, Demario Davis, Casillas
, Cyprien, Chancellor,

User avatar
killer_of_giants
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1069
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 am

trader_nation wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm
Regardless of whether he can run or not, DJ quit even trying to run the ball, he gave up on plays like no player I have ever seen on any level of football. Who is better out of DJ and drake? No coach can ever pick the guy who chooses when he's going to try and make the line of scrimmage.
links?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11995
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:25 pm

Mjvb5 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:01 am
he had 5 touches, I definitely wouldn't change his valuation at all from last week
Really think they should use him as a receiver more, if they don't want him running the ball. He scored a 20 something yard TD split out as a receiver this week. There are ways of using him without having him in the backfield, where they can have he and Drake on the field together. I hope they do this more.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

trader_nation
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby trader_nation » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:56 pm

killer_of_giants wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 am
trader_nation wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm
Regardless of whether he can run or not, DJ quit even trying to run the ball, he gave up on plays like no player I have ever seen on any level of football. Who is better out of DJ and drake? No coach can ever pick the guy who chooses when he's going to try and make the line of scrimmage.
links?
https://mobile.twitter.com/kyleynfl/sta ... 4120339456

nathanq42
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am

trader_nation wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:56 pm
killer_of_giants wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 am
trader_nation wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm
Regardless of whether he can run or not, DJ quit even trying to run the ball, he gave up on plays like no player I have ever seen on any level of football. Who is better out of DJ and drake? No coach can ever pick the guy who chooses when he's going to try and make the line of scrimmage.
links?
https://mobile.twitter.com/kyleynfl/sta ... 4120339456
I don't get it... There was nowhere to go and he got blasted by two guys at the same time and both had running starts
12 Team 20 man roster 4 reserve slots 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1WR/RB/TE 1K 1DEF
QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Gardner Minshew
RB Rashaad Penny, Austin Ekeler, Royce Freeman, Jerrick McKinnon, Justice Hill
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Dede Westbrook, Parris Campbell, Preston Williams, Zach Parscal, James Washington, Hakeem Butler
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller, Jacob Hollister

Picks
5 2020 firsts (3 in top 6 lottery, 1.7, 1.9)
2 2021 firsts (both mid to late)

User avatar
killer_of_giants
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1069
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 am

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 am

trader_nation wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:56 pm
killer_of_giants wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 am
trader_nation wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm
Regardless of whether he can run or not, DJ quit even trying to run the ball, he gave up on plays like no player I have ever seen on any level of football. Who is better out of DJ and drake? No coach can ever pick the guy who chooses when he's going to try and make the line of scrimmage.
links?
https://mobile.twitter.com/kyleynfl/sta ... 4120339456
so, 1 (one) run, after missing the previous two games for injury, in a game where he was mainly held out likely because he hadn't fully recovered (he barely played in the following game as well).

hard evidence!
i'm not impressed.

trader_nation
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby trader_nation » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am

He got dropped after that game. You guys wanted to know why he no longer stats, I showed you. NFL Rbs aren't allowed to jog. If you believe he doesn't start because cliff likes having chats with him on the sideline, or because they start their rbs based on star signs you are welcome to believe that. After that Bucs games even DJ had to address his poor performance in the media, don't ask me watch the game. When a former pro bowler gets benched try watching their last game rather than jumping up and down saying 'where is the evidence! Where is the evidence!'
Last edited by trader_nation on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PR0v3
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Code Red Panic- David Johnson

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:52 am

trader_nation wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am
He got dropped after that game. You guys wanted to know why he no longer stats, I showed you. If you believe he doesn't start because cliff likes having chats with him on the sideline you are welcome to believe that.
Yea I don't get the DJ truthers at this point. He's 28 years old and has been playing football for the last 10+ years. He's just not that dude anymore. It's a violent game, and you have to be at the absolute peak of human physical performance to be a highly relevant fantasy RB. If you aren't, someone else will take your spot. He isn't doing anything that any other guy can't do at this point in his career, so he rides the bench. He slipped, and now he's just a name. It's football, that's how it works.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Jimmy G
RB: Penny, Mattison
WR: K. Allen, Boyd, Hollywood, C. Samuel, Deebo, A. Miller, C. Davis, Washington, Ross, Pettis, Trequan
TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Everett, OJ
K: Legatron
Taxi: JJAW, Justice, Hurd
2020 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, captain howdy, ericanadian, FantasyFreak, Fin1354, Walter W. and 6 guests