Savvy or Unethical move?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Savvy or Unethical move?

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:07 am

If he wants to drop players off his roster to block him then that's fine but the line I think is drawn if he drops the quarterbacks immediately and picks up someone else off the wire. Essentially just locking up the quarterbacks. You mentioned he dropped them but if he didn't pick anybody back up it's essentially the same thing so it's fair
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

ookluh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ookluh » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Agree with the sentiment that it's OK, but personally also against the idea of it only taking 1 bench spot if you just sequentially drop each player you just picked up. If you drop 5 bench players to pick up 5 QBs, I'd argue that is fine and the problem lies with the player who didn't plan ahead.. but if they dropped 1 bench player and then cycle through 5 QBs that's a bit more against the spirit of the game.
12-team SF PPR, 6 pt TD
QB: Allen, Goff, Lance, Heinecke
WR: Waddle, Cooper, Pittman, Hopkins, DJM, Renfrow, Shaheed, Chark, Tillman, T.Scott, Shephard
RB: Ekeler, Henry, Stevenson, D.Harris, Mitchell, Edwards, CPatt
TE: Andrews, Smith, Tonyan, Ferguson, Musgrave

12-team PPR SF TEP
QB: Mahomes, Herbert, Mayfield, Pickett
WR: Higgins, Mooney, R.Moore, JJSS, Jamo, Landry, Shepard, C.Samuel, Lazard, N.Brown, Eskridge, Atwell
RB: Javonte, Dobbins, Carter, Sanders, Walker, Hilliard, Vaughn, K.Williams, Evans
TE: Kittle, Freiermuth, Trautman, Jordan, Woods

12-team PPR SF TEP, 6 pt TD
QB: Jackson, Stafford, Stroud, Levis
WR: C.Watson, Dotson, Jamo, Reed, Mims, Slayton, Dortch
RB: Bijan, Hall, Achane, Spiller, Warren, Z.White, Spears
TE: Hockenson, Dulcich, Chig, Smith

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:18 am

I think it's a d*ck move, IF he uses 1 roster spot to wreak mass waiver wire lockage just to block another team's options.

On the other hand, if the guy is willing to ROSTER all QBs through the weekend, fine. If he uses 1 roster spot to add a QB, drop him, add another, drop, rinse & repeat, I think that's shady.

I personally think guys should not go on waivers unless they were picked up and actually held through a game (whether they played or not).

I get arguments about someone not putting themselves in that position. Manage bye weeks better and all that. It's valid too.

I just think that using 1 roster spot to lock a bunch of available players on waivers isn't smart it's shady.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 am

we had someone doing the add-drop-add-drop-add-drop to block players. so we changed the settings (can't remember if you have to keep them 24 hours or what).
he keeps doing it :lol:

but aside from that (and it doesn't seem to be the case here), if you have to drop a number of your players who become available to everyone so that you can block QBs or players in general, no issue at all.