Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Do You Care That Derrick Henry is Really Good?

Postby Vcize » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:10 pm

See Jordan Howard for how quickly a guy's value can collapse if he doesn't catch a lot of passes.

He will always be more valuable on your roster than in trades, and that gap will likely only get wider as time goes on (similar to Howard again).
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

purplepride28
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby purplepride28 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm Not really. He's good enough to put up numbers when the offense is centered around him, but it's hard to imagine an offense performing very well with him given his fairly one-dimensional skillset. His playstyle doesn't really fit modern offensive schemes, but he'll produce if his team wants to play stone age football and lose a bunch of games doing so. I think this is as good as it gets for him.
If I ran a nfl team and I had a defense like the bears or patriots I think I’d be ok with having Henry as my lead back. I would bring in letavious Murray and old man Adrian Peterson and just run every single play. Wouldn’t even roster a qb. Nobody wants to tackle these guys. Especially dbs, they’re just trying to brace themselves for the massive truck about to hit them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:09 pm

I care. He' helping my 8-2 team in a start 3 RB league immensely. He and Mike Evans, are killing it for me this year. I got DH as part of a package deal in which I had to take him for Chubb, which was the "downgrade" part of the deal, and it's turned out much better than I thought. I kind of hoped for this, after the end of last year when they finally gave him a bell cow workload. Once he gets to the 2nd level, it's a nightmare.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 pm

He has been the classic example of a guy you could buy because of a kind of inverse snobbery about RBs. He doesn't catch many passes, so he sucks. It is a concern. He is an awesome goal-line back however and that's 6pts a pop. When you have Henry and the Titans get inside the 10, you're pretty much safe to count your chickens. The big play factor is also there, and I think ignored when people dismiss him as a banger. Sure, you can get a guy to bang it up cheaply and that makes us think of this kind of player as dispensable. You can't get a banger who is a danger to go the distance every time he hits space though.
He's a classic test case for the owner who recognises that there's more than one way to skin a cat. You have to know where your points are coming from at RB. Ideally, we all just own Christian McCaffrey, but if we can't, a big play threat with elite goal-line ability is a hell of an option.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:02 pm

I think he can catch way more passes than he currently is too. Jordan Howard literally can't catch the ball. I think Henry can it's just not his game.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 am

I've been very happy to own him this year. Was part of my first off season trade last year and I was banking on Henry outscoring B. Cooks. Feels like a good move at this point. Only really put up 2 subpar weeks out of 10 games, so he's been consistent, but also explosive in terms of fantasy scoring.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:22 am

Henry is a very good power back. He does offer some receiving talent and is a top 6 points per game RB since Tannehill has become the starter.

On a side note; Tannehill is a top 9 QB in points per game since becoming a the starter with 4 straight 20 plus points per game.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Maintain
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Maintain » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:16 am

Absolutely sell high after this season.
12 team 1ppr SF - Start 10, QB (1-2), RB (2-5), WR (3-6), TE (1-4)
2021 League champion

QB - K. Murray, J. Burrow, A. Dalton, K.Trask
RB - J. Taylor, N.Harris, JK Dobbins, A. Jones, C. Patterson, A. Mattison, G. Edwards, J. Ford
WR - J. Jefferson, C. Lamb, C. Sutton, L. Shenault, A. Lazard, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, J. Metchie
TE - D. Goedert, G. Everett, D. Njoku, H. Hurst

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:11 am

Maintain wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:16 am Absolutely sell high after this season.
That was said after last season

Maintain
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Maintain » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm

I think you're crazy if you think he's going to put up another top 5 season. I don't think of Henry as elite. I personally don't gamble on RB's after rookie contracts unless they are elite in my mind. I feel like this a great time to sell if you can get some 2020 picks and reload. Better to sell a year early than a year late.
12 team 1ppr SF - Start 10, QB (1-2), RB (2-5), WR (3-6), TE (1-4)
2021 League champion

QB - K. Murray, J. Burrow, A. Dalton, K.Trask
RB - J. Taylor, N.Harris, JK Dobbins, A. Jones, C. Patterson, A. Mattison, G. Edwards, J. Ford
WR - J. Jefferson, C. Lamb, C. Sutton, L. Shenault, A. Lazard, G. Pickens, J. Palmer, J. Metchie
TE - D. Goedert, G. Everett, D. Njoku, H. Hurst

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Maintain wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm I think you're crazy if you think he's going to put up another top 5 season. I don't think of Henry as elite. I personally don't gamble on RB's after rookie contracts unless they are elite in my mind. I feel like this a great time to sell if you can get some 2020 picks and reload. Better to sell a year early than a year late.
What exactly do you not find elite about him? His speed scores are off the charts. His speed and size combination is jim brown like
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Maintain wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm I think you're crazy if you think he's going to put up another top 5 season. I don't think of Henry as elite. I personally don't gamble on RB's after rookie contracts unless they are elite in my mind. I feel like this a great time to sell if you can get some 2020 picks and reload. Better to sell a year early than a year late.
The Titans attempt to run the ball at top 10 clip league wide.
Henry BTW is 3rd in rushing attempts this year.

Not sure you can justify " you're crazy" he won't put up a top 5 going forward based on their current system.

He may be a volume back and may not even be elite but he is rushing at a very respectable 4.4 YPC clip.

Selling RB's with these metrics carry considerable risk in fantasy football.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Should we care that Henry is really good? Of course.

He's a top 5 RB in basically any format at this point, and it's not as if TEN is the zenith of RB situations (although they are far from the worst); things could improve if they somehow find a way to fix their OC/QB issues; and Henry might just leave and find himself in an even better situation elsewhere in the off-season.

The murkiness of his future situation brings his value down a bit for me, but if he finds himself in an offense that scores a ton of TDs with a + run blocking O-line he could easily emerge as a league winner given his big play ability.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am

Do i expect him to be top 5 again, not necessarily, but I see no reason he can't be top 10. Top 5 finishes are TOUGH, even for the elite. Injuries, schemes, TD regression, etc.

I agree with an earlier poster who said that Henry will be worth more on my team than in a trade. So I'm happy to just hold him unless someone blows me away!

If someone offers me top 5 value, I'd probably take it honestly. If they offered me top 10 value, I'd think long and hard about it. If someone offered me RB2 value I think I'd just respond that he's not an RB2 in my book.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:26 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am Do i expect him to be top 5 again, not necessarily, but I see no reason he can't be top 10. Top 5 finishes are TOUGH, even for the elite. Injuries, schemes, TD regression, etc.

I agree with an earlier poster who said that Henry will be worth more on my team than in a trade. So I'm happy to just hold him unless someone blows me away!

If someone offers me top 5 value, I'd probably take it honestly. If they offered me top 10 value, I'd think long and hard about it. If someone offered me RB2 value I think I'd just respond that he's not an RB2 in my book.