Jared Goff - Detroit went to Jared(s)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KREsketch
Rookie
Rookie

Jared Goff - Detroit went to Jared(s)

Postby KREsketch » Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 am

I've been hearing from many sites that Goff is the real deal. Even Williamson from Football guys has said that he has him higher than Winston or Mariota.

Since this draft is a lot weaker than normal, and most guys being drafted in the early 1st are considered late 1st guys in a normal draft, I'm wondering if the right move would be to draft Goff at the end of the 1st round. His ADP is mid second, but I'm wondering if the right move is to zag when everyone else is zigging.

Curious what the forum thinks.
12 Team Contract League - PPR
QB: D. Brees; C. Wentz; P. Mahomes
RB: E. Elliott; M. Ingram; A. Kamara; M. Lynch; B. Powell; T. Cohen
WR: A. Cooper; M. Thomas; M. Bryant; R. Woods; J. Crowder; T. Pryor; T. Williams; T. Boyd;
TE: J. Reed; E. Engram; A. Hooper; J. Cook; D. Allen
DL: J. Pierre-Paul; M. Garrett
LB: D. Lee; J. Davis; T.J. Watt
DB: K. Neal; K. Chancellor;

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Re: Goff

Postby Litesout13 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:47 am

I wouldnt. QBs are not nearly as valuable in fantasy as they are in real life. I would rather have the upside of a WR/RB you can grab at the same spot
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue May 17, 2016 11:19 am

KREsketch wrote:Even Williamson from Football guys has said that he has him higher than Winston or Mariota.
I briefly (very briefly) subscribed to FBG emails a few years back and found that their analysis was pretty far off of my own valuations. Good to know that not much has changed.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Injured Reserve
Captain
Captain

Postby Injured Reserve » Tue May 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Check your league scoring, in one of my leagues the top 12 were QBs. Granted, you can only start one QB, but make sure you have a good one- Kirk Cousins out scored Freeman- the first non QB. Number 1 was Can who was 9 pts better per game than Cousins.
Team 1- 10 team dynasty
Wilson, Rivers /Lacy, Martin, M.Jones, JStew /AJ Green, Allen, ARob, Gordon, Austin, Parker,Jones/ Kelce, Thomas, LGreen
Dareus /Heyward, Vernon, Fowler/Clowney, Anthony, TSmith, EKendricks, Collins /Darby, Jenkins/ Burnett, HSmith, Collins

Team 2-12 team keeper
Cousins/ Bell, Langford, Williams/ Beckham, K Allen, Moncrief, Parker/ Kelce
Quinn, Jackson, Lawrence/ TSmith, EKendricks, Dansby, Hicks/ Burnett

Team 3- 10 team dynasty
Brees, Flacco, Bridgewater, Goff/ Lacy, Abdullah, Yeldon, Ajayi, D.Washington, McKinnon, KRobinson/ Moncrief,DBG, K Bell, TBenjamin, Montgomery, Wright, Agholor, Sanu, Latimer, Sharpe/ Hooper, Ertz, Rodgers

Team 4- 10 team dynasty
Winston, Wentz, Manning, Tannehill/ Lacy, Matthews, Crowell, Jennings, Starks, Morris, Taliaferro, Smallwood, Sankey/ Evans, Watkins, Allen, Jordy, Agholor, Coleman, D.Smith, Pryor/ Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 pm

If Fisher wasn't his coach I'd be a lot higher on him.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue May 17, 2016 12:31 pm

lawilt wrote:If Fisher wasn't his coach I'd be a lot higher on him.
Eh I'm not sure how much longer Fisher really has left there...

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Injured Reserve wrote:Check your league scoring, in one of my leagues the top 12 were QBs. Granted, you can only start one QB, but make sure you have a good one- Kirk Cousins out scored Freeman- the first non QB. Number 1 was Can who was 9 pts better per game than Cousins.
It's all about points above replacement though, comparing positional scoring between separate positions isn't the whole equation. I'd much rather have the potential of a WR2/RB2 then a mid tier QB.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 17, 2016 12:53 pm

The chances that Fisher stays for Goff's career are pretty much zero.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue May 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
The chances that Fisher stays for Goff's career are pretty much zero.
Changing systems early in his career would not be good for Goff, or any QB.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Wed May 18, 2016 5:53 pm

I have no problem with you taking him late 1st if you think he's the bpa. I rather have a stud QB who you trust rather than a bust WR who everyone else told you to take ... IMO though he isn't a stud. JMO though

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed May 18, 2016 10:30 pm

that's crazy talk in dynasty. the kid could have 2 new coaches in the next 4 years.it's the nfl.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu May 19, 2016 7:23 pm

KREsketch wrote:I've been hearing from many sites that Goff is the real deal. Even Williamson from Football guys has said that he has him higher than Winston or Mariota.

Since this draft is a lot weaker than normal, and most guys being drafted in the early 1st are considered late 1st guys in a normal draft, I'm wondering if the right move would be to draft Goff at the end of the 1st round. His ADP is mid second, but I'm wondering if the right move is to zag when everyone else is zigging.

Curious what the forum thinks.
I'd have no issue taking Goff or even Wentz (not a fan) towards the end of the first round considering this draft class.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 19, 2016 7:33 pm

ericanadian wrote: Changing systems early in his career would not be good for Goff, or any QB.
I think it's inevitable. There's no way Fisher lasts another season if the Rams suck, especially after they just moved to L.A.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri May 20, 2016 7:33 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
ericanadian wrote: Changing systems early in his career would not be good for Goff, or any QB.
I think it's inevitable. There's no way Fisher lasts another season if the Rams suck, especially after they just moved to L.A.
Stan Kroenke is a very patient owner though, when transitioning ownership of the Denver Nuggets to his son they retained George Karl for years in order to make sure they had every detail organized and accounted for before letting him go. It's conceivable that he could be more patient with Fischer then most would assume as he his going to be re-tooling the brand in the NFL's biggest market. He also obviously doesn't listen to a lot of the fandom pressure out there or he wouldn't have had such an easy time moving the team out of his home state. Kroenke does what is best for business not what most believe his intentions should be.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Goff - Time to Be Worried?

Postby Servo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Pretty dismal preseason but I feel his stats aren't doing him justice (believe he's had anywhere from 9-12 drops from how you view it) and has consistently been playing with the 2s and 3s. While it may not be the outcome people were expecting or hoping for, do you think its best for him to sit? Not a discussion on who's better or will be better, (Wentz, Lynch, Dak, etc.) just more casual conversation about this guy.