Jared Goff - Detroit went to Jared(s)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Jared Goff

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:39 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:26 pm
krtbuckeye wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:17 pm As a Lions and Bengals fan (I know, you did I piss off in a former life?!), I’m stoked about this for the Lions. Goff will be a suitable bridge to the Lions franchise QB in my opinion. I’m not saying one team or the other outright won the deal, because I love Matthew Stafford and wish the Lions could have done better by him while he was there, but 2 1sts, a 3rd, and former #1 overall pick QB is more than I ever expected the Lions could get for him. So I guess I am saying I think the Lions slayed this trade, but that’s probably just my bias talking. Mad props to Goff’s terrible contract for netting such a huge return!
No, you're correct. Stafford is better than Goff, but not two firsts, a 3rd, and an average starting QB better. Goff is 27 years old.

I'm not sure where the narrative came from that he's some scrub and can't even be a starting QB. His numbers the past 3 seasons are on par with Stafford.
The difference between the value of Stafford and Goff's contracts is a factor in this too, and why the Rams had to pay more.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if the Lions still take a QB this year. This move indicates a very long-term tank coming. Reminds me of what the Browns took on with the 2nd and Osweiler's contract. Not great for D'Andre Smith no matter which way you slice it. Really the biggest loser in this trade. Maybe the passing game volume will be there in a depleted offense..... we'll see.

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:28 pm

Horrible trade for the Rams. Goff was not the problem in LA. He got them to the SB and lost to Tom Brady. Giving up 2 1sts and 1 3rd for an older QB With similar stats is insanity.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:28 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:25 pm Not great for D'Andre Smith
:crazy:

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:50 pm

jdacunha wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:28 pm Horrible trade for the Rams. Goff was not the problem in LA. He got them to the SB and lost to Tom Brady. Giving up 2 1sts and 1 3rd for an older QB With similar stats is insanity.
Goff was definitely the problem in LA in my opinion. This is a fine trade for the Rams. They offloaded a middling QB with a big contract in an attempt to win now with a pretty stacked team. Of course they are going to have to pay a premium. Their defense is great, they have good offensive weapons, they’ll establish the run with Akers/Henderson next year, and they have a great HC.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:54 pm

jdacunha wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:28 pm Horrible trade for the Rams. Goff was not the problem in LA. He got them to the SB and lost to Tom Brady. Giving up 2 1sts and 1 3rd for an older QB With similar stats is insanity.
Jared is that you?

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:56 pm

What has Stafford done in this league except throw for garbage time fantasy points and never win a playoff game in 12 seasons. How many NFL QBs can say that?
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:58 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:25 pm Wouldn't be surprised if the Lions still take a QB this year. This move indicates a very long-term tank coming. Reminds me of what the Browns took on with the 2nd and Osweiler's contract. Not great for D'Andre Smith no matter which way you slice it. Really the biggest loser in this trade. Maybe the passing game volume will be there in a depleted offense..... we'll see.
Love this trade for the Rams, hate it for Swift. Definitely was like the Osweiler cap dump trade. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Detroit draft a QB if the value is there, so maybe 2nd or 3rd. Could go Jets like in drafting the players around (oline and WR), then tank properly and get a QB with a top tier pick in a year or two.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:59 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 pm Wow. 2 firsts and Goff for Stafford! That’s a scathing indictment of Goff by the Rams.
You always seem to defend Goff. Does Mcvay and Les Snead thinking this of him change your view at all?
It does for me quite a bit. I mean this basically means they thought he was pretty bad, was holding back the team, and was a system QB in a bad sense. I guess all the stories about McVay literally telling Goff what to do for every play were true lol.

I personally think Stafford is around the QB 12 range in terms of real football, not fantasy. I think that’s a pretty reasonable take, and to think the rams would pay up this much to get him off the team should certainly be a red flag.
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:02 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:59 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 pm Wow. 2 firsts and Goff for Stafford! That’s a scathing indictment of Goff by the Rams.
You always seem to defend Goff. Does Mcvay and Les Snead thinking this of him change your view at all?
It does for me quite a bit. I mean this basically means they thought he was pretty bad, was holding back the team, and was a system QB in a bad sense. I guess all the stories about McVay literally telling Goff what to do for every play were true lol.

I personally think Stafford is around the QB 12 range in terms of real football, not fantasy. I think that’s a pretty reasonable take, and to think the rams would pay up this much to get him off the team should certainly be a red flag.
Seems like they were willing to spend quote a bit on that cap flexibility as well. I agree Staff is around that QB12 range or so. Definitely can't discredit him for having to play in Detroit and not winning playoff games... I do think Goff is a few QBs behind him though and it's only a marginal upgrade for LAR. How much cap space are they saving to be comfortable tossing those picks out?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:05 pm

Goff to Cephus for six!

I could be a thing? :P

But probably not.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:09 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:05 pm Goff to Cephus for six!

I could be a thing? :P

But probably not.
You mean he was targeting Cephus but the DB ran it back.

Can Detroit go 0-16 again? Is there a Lawrence prospect next year?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:09 pm

Win/win trades are rare, but this is one, imo.

Stafford may be the missing piece for LA. That’s easily worth the price. “Goff isn’t the issue”: maybe not. But he’s not “the guy” either. He’s clearly not a plus. He’s solid to the point of maybe even being underrated a little at this point, but honestly if this trade isn’t proof that he’s not “the guy”, I dunno what to tell ya.

For the Lions, the only good option was to deal him, from what I can tell in my arm chair. They got *awesome* value.

Win/win
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:02 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:59 pm

Seems like they were willing to spend quote a bit on that cap flexibility as well. I agree Staff is around that QB12 range or so. Definitely can't discredit him for having to play in Detroit and not winning playoff games... I do think Goff is a few QBs behind him though and it's only a marginal upgrade for LAR. How much cap space are they saving to be comfortable tossing those picks out?
I don’t even think it’s as much about the cap space as it is about simply recognizing that Goff isn’t in their future plans.

1. They definitely came to the conclusion that he’s not their franchise QB, and decided they needed to get rid of him given the opportunity.

2. They realized his development at this moment doesn’t align well with the team’s win now mantra.

3. They probably viewed their success thus far as being *in spite of goff* instead of remotely because of him.

Essentially, they must’ve labeled him a game manager who wasn’t going to actually help them win very many games on his own.

Regarding points 2 and 3, is Stafford significantly better? I don’t think anyone knows, but it just speaks to the organizations overall faith in the teams’ talent, which is clearly stacked, the offensive system they have in place, and their overall trust of Mcvay.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:45 pm

Yeah, agree with many of you- whether or not Goff is the problem (he’s at least not the guy) isn’t as relevant as whether or not Stafford is the solution.

I like Stafford, I’m excited to see what he can do in a better offense, but I think it’s a big bet by the Rams that they can get more out of him in their system.

Fantasy-wise, I have no idea what to think about this for Stafford. The offense is better, but the absence of weekly garbage time is going to be a problem. Maybe with a different QB McVay will open up the playbook and throw it more.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF