Re: Jared Goff

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 am

Ice wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:07 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:00 am
Ice wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:46 am

2020 in two different leagues.
15. Goff, Jared LAR QB 271.98 18.132
22. Goff, Jared LAR QB 296.80 19.7874

Thinking you should go all in and buy this stud.
Not saying he's a stud but you left out

2017 QB12
2018 QB7
2019 QB13

The numbers do look like they are trending down though. TDs, yards, Y/A all down the last 2 years. So that's concerning. But to say he's a best case QB2 when he's had close to 3 QB1 seasons is a stretch.
Like I said, if you think this guy is a stud go after him. Close????? Are we now playing Horseshoes. :biggrin:

I still own him in one league. He is a decent bye week filler but as far as a QB you really want to own or bank on....Hmmm..... in a 2 QB league sure.
Literally said he wasn't a stud and he's in that 11-15 range for me. Yup 2 QB1 seasons and 1 high end QB2. You made it seem like he could never hit QB1 at all is all I'm pointing out.

Maybe I'm talking from a 2QB perspective since that's all I play and that's where the disconnect is. Definitely wouldn't want him as my starter in 1QB. But QB2 would be fine and QB3 would be excellent.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:18 am

CGW wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:11 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:09 pm This is the offseason of (potential) QB roulette. Everyone if focusing on Watson and Stafford, for good reason. The LA GM and Coach both were VERY unconvincing that Goff will be the 2021 starter. I've seen more than one analysis that Goff's 4 year deal is really a 2 year about 53mil contract with a 2 year team option.

Is he dealt? The Watson and Stafford losers would be interested. NE and Washington both among the teams with the most cap space. What does LA do if they deal him? Could they bring in a Dalton or Newton? If they truly want a mobile QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick would be interesting.
Cant imagine they would eat Goffs contract to pick up a back end QB like Dalton or Newton or even a journeyman like Fitz. That wouldn't make them a better contender. They need a Watson, Stafford, Dak type player...and can they afford that?
The only one I can see them being able to afford is Stafford, and that's assuming he doesn't want a new contract along with the trade. They don't have the assets to be able to pull off a Watson trade (unless BoB is still negotiating trades for Houston), and they don't have the cap space Dak would command as a free agent if he became available. Rumor is SF currently has two 2's and two 3's on the table for Stafford, so maybe the Rams can get him for a 2 this year and 1 next year, if the salary fits under their cap.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:15 pm

CGW wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:11 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:09 pm This is the offseason of (potential) QB roulette. Everyone if focusing on Watson and Stafford, for good reason. The LA GM and Coach both were VERY unconvincing that Goff will be the 2021 starter. I've seen more than one analysis that Goff's 4 year deal is really a 2 year about 53mil contract with a 2 year team option.

Is he dealt? The Watson and Stafford losers would be interested. NE and Washington both among the teams with the most cap space. What does LA do if they deal him? Could they bring in a Dalton or Newton? If they truly want a mobile QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick would be interesting.
Cant imagine they would eat Goffs contract to pick up a back end QB like Dalton or Newton or even a journeyman like Fitz. That wouldn't make them a better contender. They need a Watson, Stafford, Dak type player...and can they afford that?
The way I understand it (and by no means am I saying this is right, since I'm not an NFL cap whiz and no reason to think the sources I've read/heard are), the Rams wouldn't have to eat any future money. There's the sunk cost element of previously paid money, but they walked away from Gurley pretty easily. What I've heard is the remaining 4 years of his contract breaks into 2 parts, based on guarantees, bonuses and the like-
2021 and 22- 2 years for about 55 mil
2023 and 24- 2 year team option
If that's right, it's on par with Stafford's short term contract, though money (and on field play associated w the contract) is worse.

The problem for LA is, if they badly want to get out from his contract, they have to have a plan in place. Look before you leap. One of the things that's come out is they like the mobility that Wolford brings to the position, which Goff doesn't have at all. While Fitzpatrick isn't Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, he does have functional mobility.

Alternately, I really think Dalton could be a good option. Similar quality play to Goff, cheaper option. Not mister mobility at all, so how important that is to them would need to be evaluated.

Unless they can do some major cap gymnastics, I don't see them making a realistic run for the top QB options.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 am

2017 QB12
2018 QB7
2019 QB13

The numbers do look like they are trending down though. TDs, yards, Y/A all down the last 2 years. So that's concerning. But to say he's a best case QB2 when he's had close to 3 QB1 seasons is a stretch.
Like I said, if you think this guy is a stud go after him. Close????? Are we now playing Horseshoes. :biggrin:

I still own him in one league. He is a decent bye week filler but as far as a QB you really want to own or bank on....Hmmm..... in a 2 QB league sure.
Literally said he wasn't a stud and he's in that 11-15 range for me. Yup 2 QB1 seasons and 1 high end QB2. You made it seem like he could never hit QB1 at all is all I'm pointing out.

Maybe I'm talking from a 2QB perspective since that's all I play and that's where the disconnect is. Definitely wouldn't want him as my starter in 1QB. But QB2 would be fine and QB3 would be excellent.
I didn't actually me you in a literal sense. I also agree he is fine in a SF. I don't really play much SF so that would be a big difference in our perspectives.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:29 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 am

2017 QB12
2018 QB7
2019 QB13

Exactly this. It’s just weird and incorrect to say that a guy with 2 QB1 seasons in 5 years is “a QB2 at best.”

I’m not some big Goff fan. I have one copy and he’s a QB3 for me in a SuperFlex league. My perspective is different too- I only play in one 1QB league, and yeah, Goff isn’t that valuable in that context.

Oddly enough, one of the reasons I liked him in SuperFlex was that I thought he was one of the cheapest options in terms of QBs that I thought were locks to keep their jobs going forward. Jalen Ramsey seems hellbent on proving me wrong.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 pm

Wow. 2 firsts and Goff for Stafford! That’s a scathing indictment of Goff by the Rams.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 pm Wow. 2 firsts and Goff for Stafford! That’s a scathing indictment of Goff by the Rams.
You always seem to defend Goff. Does Mcvay and Les Snead thinking this of him change your view at all?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Wow, I actually like the Lions end of the deal more, but Stafford with McVay could be really good for him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:43 pm If I owned him, I would be worried about him losing his job and not being tied to Mcvay. I think that offense could be a lot better, but I don't think Goff is nearly the issue people make it sound like. His contract isn't great (LAR handed a couple bad ones out and a lot of people didn't see it working out. Gurley, Cooks, etc) but they don't have a 1st/assets to make a move for a QB better than Goff imo. Stafford would likely be a lateral move,

I really don't see Goff being moved, but this could be a crazy off-season for QB
Well, I was wrong. I'd be concerned as a Goff owner and Detroit being in constant rebuild. Not sure what WR they will have next year, etc but they could be playing from behind a lot...

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Sounds like the price tag was inflated by the Lions needing more to be willing to take on Goff and his contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/sta ... 3240596491

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:16 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:05 pm Wow. 2 firsts and Goff for Stafford! That’s a scathing indictment of Goff by the Rams.
You always seem to defend Goff. Does Mcvay and Les Snead thinking this of him change your view at all?
I do? I think he’s been an undervalued SuperFlex asset I guess.

But yeah, like I literally just said- this is a scathing indictment of Goff, and going from Kupp/Woods and McVay to Campbell at HC, Hockenson, and ??? at WR is bad for his dynasty prospects.

I love this trade for Detroit, mostly because I didn’t think Stafford was going to get them more than Indy’s 1st round pick.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:17 pm

As a Lions and Bengals fan (I know, you did I piss off in a former life?!), I’m stoked about this for the Lions. Goff will be a suitable bridge to the Lions franchise QB in my opinion. I’m not saying one team or the other outright won the deal, because I love Matthew Stafford and wish the Lions could have done better by him while he was there, but 2 1sts, a 3rd, and former #1 overall pick QB is more than I ever expected the Lions could get for him. So I guess I am saying I think the Lions slayed this trade, but that’s probably just my bias talking. Mad props to Goff’s terrible contract for netting such a huge return!
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:26 pm

krtbuckeye wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:17 pm As a Lions and Bengals fan (I know, you did I piss off in a former life?!), I’m stoked about this for the Lions. Goff will be a suitable bridge to the Lions franchise QB in my opinion. I’m not saying one team or the other outright won the deal, because I love Matthew Stafford and wish the Lions could have done better by him while he was there, but 2 1sts, a 3rd, and former #1 overall pick QB is more than I ever expected the Lions could get for him. So I guess I am saying I think the Lions slayed this trade, but that’s probably just my bias talking. Mad props to Goff’s terrible contract for netting such a huge return!
No, you're correct. Stafford is better than Goff, but not two firsts, a 3rd, and an average starting QB better. Goff is 27 years old.

I'm not sure where the narrative came from that he's some scrub and can't even be a starting QB. His numbers the past 3 seasons are on par with Stafford.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:26 pm
krtbuckeye wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:17 pm As a Lions and Bengals fan (I know, you did I piss off in a former life?!), I’m stoked about this for the Lions. Goff will be a suitable bridge to the Lions franchise QB in my opinion. I’m not saying one team or the other outright won the deal, because I love Matthew Stafford and wish the Lions could have done better by him while he was there, but 2 1sts, a 3rd, and former #1 overall pick QB is more than I ever expected the Lions could get for him. So I guess I am saying I think the Lions slayed this trade, but that’s probably just my bias talking. Mad props to Goff’s terrible contract for netting such a huge return!
No, you're correct. Stafford is better than Goff, but not two firsts, a 3rd, and an average starting QB better. Goff is 27 years old.

I'm not sure where the narrative came from that he's some scrub and can't even be a starting QB. His numbers the past 3 seasons are on par with Stafford.
To be fair, Stafford has dealt with a much worse offensive cast and system in that time, but I 100% agree that it's an overpay for the Lions. Now I wonder where Golladay ends up, doubt DET brings him back.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis