Jared Goff - Detroit went to Jared(s)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Jared Goff

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:33 am One of the commentators made a comment last night that was pretty accurate.

The Rams actually have a very simple offense and it is not complicated. Run the ball and play action once you establish the run.

Problem is, no one is scared of them now. It is now on McVay to get more creative with the tools he has on the team - they are stuck with Goff for a while.
Sounds like the Vikings offense.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm

They have tons of holes and gave up a boat load for Ramsey who very likely may walk next year.

Yay for FO aggression.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am This. Cooks being out doesn't help either.

If you own Goff just wait until they can address the line in the off season.
I don't think they can. They have no firsts until 2022 and no cap space to pay a marquee FA. Their O-line is ageing out in a hurry.
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:40 am
Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:21 am It's a good thing they did not give him an extravagant contract or something.
I think this is part of what's handicapping them. The OL also
It's not just Goff's contract. It's the core 5 of Donald, Cooks, Gurley, Goff, and Ramsay. Here, have a look:
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

That's right. For the 2020 season, those 5 players will account for $107 million of the Rams salary... and to add insult to injury, this is at the $13 million value for Ramsey, who will no doubt be holding out for a new deal, which they MUST pay given the capital they just gave up to get him.

Now, if this was 2017-18, that'd be a great core - but with major health questions now facing Cooks and Gurley, and Goff showing that he's not capable of elevating beyond "system QB" - they are truly screwed for avenues of offseason improvement. Snead has hamstrung this team into a pricey core with questions.

The Ramsay trade has put them out of 1st round picks for both 2020 and 2021. They're going to have to hit on some truly impressive hidden-gem OL talent in the mid-rounds of the draft, and hope for big improvements from either Gurley's health or D-Henderson's running vision if they want to re-establish their running game. Perhaps they'll trade Cooks, or even cut him for cap relief?

They are between a rock and a hard place, that's for sure.

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:46 pm

I didn’t really read through all the posts but my thoughts on Goff is that he can make some nice throws but he’s awful at playing QB. I swear the one drive he said to himself “bleep the design or all these reads, I’m just throwing to Everett”
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:15 pm They have tons of holes and gave up a boat load for Ramsey who very likely may walk next year.

Yay for FO aggression.
Yep. McVay is outsmarting himself a little too often.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:04 am

ckrumm24 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:46 pm I didn’t really read through all the posts but my thoughts on Goff is that he can make some nice throws but he’s awful at playing QB. I swear the one drive he said to himself “bleep the design or all these reads, I’m just throwing to Everett”
You mean the drive where they actually moved the ball? If anything they need to throw to the tes even more. Their oline is trash, no pocket qb can function behind them. It was bad to start the season and three fifths of it are out for the year now.

If mcvay can adjust his play calling to allow for that putrid oline the rams might be able to do something. At the moment he has Goff standing back there like a sitting duck as rushers converge on him. What's baffling is the usage of Gurley. He looked very good yesterday but didn't get a touch in the last quarter.

#5willalwaysloveyou
Role Player
Role Player

Postby #5willalwaysloveyou » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 am

I desperately want to drop in a 12 teamer 1qb league
12 team ppr 1qb

QB: Josh Allen

RB:miles Sanders,Damien Harris, JK Dobbins, gallaman, ty Johnson, gus Edwards, alex collins, Larry rountree, Tyson williams

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Kenny golladay, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, n’keal harry, jakobi Meyers, van jefferson

TE: George kittle, Jonnu Smith, Kyle pitts

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:08 am

I don't know how the Rams and Cowboys sign all the players they do anytime the chiefs are trying to resign someone were strapped for cash and have find a way. The Rams and Cowboys give 10 guys on there team $50 million dollar plus contracts and there fine
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:10 am

He was never a playmaker but what's odd is that even given a clean pocket he's missing on throws.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:28 pm

LA doubled down on letting Saffold walk and trying to replace them with middle-round drafted OL. Their experiment has failed miserably as Allen, Noteboom and now Havenstein (seasoned veteran) have sucked.

Listen, I'm not wishing any ill will on Gurley but LA is paying this dude an elite level contract for MAYBE RB2 production??? How can LA live with itself when watching Cook, McCaffrey, etc tear up the league while your "elite" one is a damn shell of himself. Run him into the ground and move on or put the dude on IR. Teams had a reason to respect both the pass and play action, with a washed/"pitch count" Gurley...there's no reason to. LA won't give him the ball 30x a game if the passing game is struggling.

The reason we're seeing all of these black and white mobile QB's be successful is their ability to maneuver in the pocket. So you don't need to have elite level OL play..pure pocket passers with limited mobility have to be protected far better than what Goff is receiving. He also has not helped himself with his play but there are so many issues that are making LA unwatchable.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:28 pm Listen, I'm not wishing any ill will on Gurley but LA is paying this dude an elite level contract for MAYBE RB2 production??? How can LA live with itself when watching Cook, McCaffrey, etc tear up the league while your "elite" one is a damn shell of himself. Run him into the ground and move on or put the dude on IR. Teams had a reason to respect both the pass and play action, with a washed/"pitch count" Gurley...there's no reason to. LA won't give him the ball 30x a game if the passing game is struggling.
Came here to say this ^^^. Sure the OL needs work, but not having a bell cow RB is killing the Rams. At least if they're keeping with the same winning scheme over the last few years. Run, Run, Play action, Play action, Run. Rinse and repeat.

Even a Derrick Henry-type next year could breathe life back into the Rams. Doesn't need to be an upside pass-catching back to get back to play action. That and a healthy Cooks to stretch the field away from Kupp could right the ship enough.

Betting the Rams are locked into Gurley for a while. Anyone know how much would it cost to dump him next year? May not even be feasible.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:28 pm LA doubled down on letting Saffold walk and trying to replace them with middle-round drafted OL. Their experiment has failed miserably as Allen, Noteboom and now Havenstein (seasoned veteran) have sucked.

Listen, I'm not wishing any ill will on Gurley but LA is paying this dude an elite level contract for MAYBE RB2 production??? How can LA live with itself when watching Cook, McCaffrey, etc tear up the league while your "elite" one is a damn shell of himself. Run him into the ground and move on or put the dude on IR. Teams had a reason to respect both the pass and play action, with a washed/"pitch count" Gurley...there's no reason to. LA won't give him the ball 30x a game if the passing game is struggling.

The reason we're seeing all of these black and white mobile QB's be successful is their ability to maneuver in the pocket. So you don't need to have elite level OL play..pure pocket passers with limited mobility have to be protected far better than what Goff is receiving. He also has not helped himself with his play but there are so many issues that are making LA unwatchable.
What are you saying here? :think: :think:

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 pm

The rams need to keep Gurley at least another season. No point trading him because the dead cap hit will be similar to the actual cap hit if he stays on the roster. Besides he still looks like the best rb on the roster. Just run him and deal with the repercussions.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:34 am

This is what happens when NFL teams try to get flashy and trade picks away for a "playoff push" and pay skill players (So friggen replaceable with the depth in the NFL currently) over OL. Picks are how you build a core that is cheap and you know what you have and OL is literally on every teams wish list every year, but its not a flashy signing so it gets neglected.... except by well run organizations.
Sorry Goff but your stuck with a bad OL unless some good mid round picks get made, or some people gt cut/traded

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:09 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:10 pm What are you saying here? :think: :think:
If you're a prototypical QB, that has limited mobility within the pocket...without an OL...you'll get killed.

However, we're seeing a lot of success from real-life play and a fantasy perspective from the guys that can move within the pocket and extend plays...the majority of which are black...that are crushing 2019 so far.