Re: Week 10 Discussion

Postby Blueboy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:32 pm

Ok now there's not. Jesus, Rivers.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Rivers looks bad but he also had no time.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm

khaos337 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:21 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:17 pm
Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:15 pm Is Richard really that much more dynamic than Jacobs catching the ball?
You’d think they’d want their best guy out there is this situation
Its about time!
Well apparently until that drive it was more important to save Jacobs for our fantasy playoffs than winning the game. :wall: :think: :wall:

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Whoever that Chargers right tackle is deserves to be cut in the locker room. Has to be one of the worst performances I’ve seen from an O-lineman in awhile. He basically let Crosby take shots on Rivers all night
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:36 pm

It seems that the offensive line is important to win football games.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Jacobs is looking more and more like offensive ROY.

That kid can really play.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 pm Jacobs is looking more and more like offensive ROY.

That kid can really play.
A few people here questioned a few short yard 3rd down runs by the Raiders out of shotgun earlier in the game. I agreed with them. When the Raiders got to 3rd and 1 on that last drive, completing a pass out of a passing formation, I was screaming for a TO. Apparently so was Gruden. 4 down territiorty, get the big boys out there with the FB and Jacobs and take 2 shots at it. They only needed 1, and it was TD.

The thing I liked most, as a Raiders fan, was the team aspect of that extra point miss. It was the first of his career. The lineman still gave him a head bump, and guys were on the sidelines patting him on the back. The D stepped up, and the offense was on the sidelines doing everything they could to get the crowd going. That is the sign of a team who wants to play for each other, and indicative of good coaching. Everyone wanted to trash Gruden when he came back. Half way through the 2nd year of a totally overhauled roster, in which almost every draft pick Mayock/Gruden took together are already significantly contributing, I think people need to eat a bit of humble pie. Those that dogged him for no good reason.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:45 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:36 pm It seems that the offensive line is important to win football games.
And the one premium pick the Chargers have spent on an OL in recent years (Forrest Lamp 38th overall 2017) looks like a complete bust. It shows... Absolutely blows my mind how many teams do not value building the OL.
Last edited by bjd5211 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:46 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm Whoever that Chargers right tackle is deserves to be cut in the locker room. Has to be one of the worst performances I’ve seen from an O-lineman in awhile. He basically let Crosby take shots on Rivers all night
Obviously I'm not a Chargers fan - but he's a tackle who is in due to injury. It happens.

Also it continues to be obvious that Jacobs is the best skill position player on that offense. It'll be fun when they get him more involving in the passing game.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 pm

hoos89 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 pm Finally went to Jacobs on 3rd & short and he scored a TD. Jacobs does have 3 receptions for 30 yards and 5 targets tonight, but the Raiders' tendency to go to Richard in passing situations is probably the one thing that's keeping me from moving Jacobs into the 2nd tier of RBs right now.
I agree, very frustrating in his passing usage, I’ve watched Richard poach passing targets since I owned Latavius years ago and I’m frankly astonished that he’s now stealing ample targets from Jacobs, I just dont get it. He must frequently run for 50+ yard td’s on dumpoffs in practice because I’ve never in 5+ years seen him turn in an amazing stat line (outside of some pure garbage volume stat lines) - whereas Jacobs continues to wow on both rushing and receiving plays. Definitely worrisome for moving Jacobs to a higher tier.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm

On another topic, how are people feeing about Kittle playing Mon night? Bit concerned with new ankle issue . . .

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm On another topic, how are people feeing about Kittle playing Mon night? Bit concerned with new ankle issue . . .
Concerned enough that in my TE super-premium league I picked up his backup (and I don’t even have Kittle)! The TE position in that O gets a lot of looks.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 pm
hoos89 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:24 pm Finally went to Jacobs on 3rd & short and he scored a TD. Jacobs does have 3 receptions for 30 yards and 5 targets tonight, but the Raiders' tendency to go to Richard in passing situations is probably the one thing that's keeping me from moving Jacobs into the 2nd tier of RBs right now.
I agree, very frustrating in his passing usage, I’ve watched Richard poach passing targets since I owned Latavius years ago and I’m frankly astonished that he’s now stealing ample targets from Jacobs, I just dont get it. He must frequently run for 50+ yard td’s on dumpoffs in practice because I’ve never in 5+ years seen him turn in an amazing stat line (outside of some pure garbage volume stat lines) - whereas Jacobs continues to wow on both rushing and receiving plays. Definitely worrisome for moving Jacobs to a higher tier.
Because he's a legit 3rd down back. Long time Raiders fan. Richard is the better option on passing downs to Jacobs. It's pretty obvious. He's quicker in the open field, can run wheel routes better, get open and create separation better on shorter routes, when the pass rush is coming. He also has better hands. Jacobs has good hands, but he dropped his only 2 targets last week, and double clutched one tonight that should have been caught cleanly. Don't pretend to know more than the coaches. Jalen is a really good pass catching back. He didn't have 68 receptions for no reason last year. If you had watched last weeks game vs the Lions, you wouldn't be asking why Richard is "poaching" passing targets from Jacobs. It's because he's better at it right now.

I have Jacobs in multiple leagues, but he is playing with a shoulder injury, on a short week, and he fits the team better as a runner, and the way they run their offense. Doesn't mean his role won't eventually expand, Gruden says it will, but look at Chubb last year, to this year. Same with Fournette. Don't move Jacobs up in your ranking at your own peril, but he's a 21 year old Bell cow with a 3 down skill set, but there are situtions where a smaller, quicker, shiftier back with even better receiving skills is still warranted. Especially when Jacobs can get a breather and then break off the winning TD run deep into the 4th quarter, because he still has some juice left. He had 28 carries 4 days ago. Realize context.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 pm

Melvin Gordon - NOT terrible at playing the football sport.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 pm
Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 pm
Because he's a legit 3rd down back. Long time Raiders fan. Richard is the better option on passing downs to Jacobs. It's pretty obvious. He's quicker in the open field, can run wheel routes better, get open and create separation better on shorter routes, when the pass rush is coming. He also has better hands. Jacobs has good hands, but he dropped his only 2 targets last week, and double clutched one tonight that should have been caught cleanly. Don't pretend to know more than the coaches. Jalen is a really good pass catching back. He didn't have 68 receptions for no reason last year. If you had watched last weeks game vs the Lions, you wouldn't be asking why Richard is "poaching" passing targets from Jacobs. It's because he's better at it right now.

I have Jacobs in multiple leagues, but he is playing with a shoulder injury, on a short week, and he fits the team better as a runner, and the way they run their offense. Doesn't mean his role won't eventually expand, Gruden says it will, but look at Chubb last year, to this year. Same with Fournette. Don't move Jacobs up in your ranking at your own peril, but he's a 21 year old Bell cow with a 3 down skill set, but there are situtions where a smaller, quicker, shiftier back with even better receiving skills is still warranted. Especially when Jacobs can get a breather and then break off the winning TD run deep into the 4th quarter, because he still has some juice left. He had 28 carries 4 days ago. Realize context.
Thanks for the advice, I know nothing about football context. I do know however that over his 4 year career, Richard has had 177 targets, 142 receptions, a whopping 1,200 yards receiving, a whopping 3 TD’s receiving, and a healthy 13 fumbles. As a long time Raiders fan, I would guess you’d be cursing the Gods about why this supposed “superior pass catching back” is dominating critical touches when his actual production and impact on team results has been dreadful. The Raiders haven’t been the least bit successful in 4 years and neither has he. If you are saying the Raiders have a better chance at success giving him passing down touches over Jacobs, you should be prepared to enjoy another 10-15 years of peril being a Raiders fan.