FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 10 Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:52 pm
Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 pm

I agree, very frustrating in his passing usage, I’ve watched Richard poach passing targets since I owned Latavius years ago and I’m frankly astonished that he’s now stealing ample targets from Jacobs, I just dont get it. He must frequently run for 50+ yard td’s on dumpoffs in practice because I’ve never in 5+ years seen him turn in an amazing stat line (outside of some pure garbage volume stat lines) - whereas Jacobs continues to wow on both rushing and receiving plays. Definitely worrisome for moving Jacobs to a higher tier.
Because he's a legit 3rd down back. Long time Raiders fan. Richard is the better option on passing downs to Jacobs. It's pretty obvious. He's quicker in the open field, can run wheel routes better, get open and create separation better on shorter routes, when the pass rush is coming. He also has better hands. Jacobs has good hands, but he dropped his only 2 targets last week, and double clutched one tonight that should have been caught cleanly. Don't pretend to know more than the coaches. Jalen is a really good pass catching back. He didn't have 68 receptions for no reason last year. If you had watched last weeks game vs the Lions, you wouldn't be asking why Richard is "poaching" passing targets from Jacobs. It's because he's better at it right now.

I have Jacobs in multiple leagues, but he is playing with a shoulder injury, on a short week, and he fits the team better as a runner, and the way they run their offense. Doesn't mean his role won't eventually expand, Gruden says it will, but look at Chubb last year, to this year. Same with Fournette. Don't move Jacobs up in your ranking at your own peril, but he's a 21 year old Bell cow with a 3 down skill set, but there are situtions where a smaller, quicker, shiftier back with even better receiving skills is still warranted. Especially when Jacobs can get a breather and then break off the winning TD run deep into the 4th quarter, because he still has some juice left. He had 28 carries 4 days ago. Realize context.
Thanks for the advice, I know nothing about football context. I do know however that over his 4 year career, Richard has had 177 targets, 142 receptions, a whopping 1,200 yards receiving, a whopping 3 TD’s receiving, and a healthy 13 fumbles. As a long time Raiders fan, I would guess you’d be cursing the Gods about why this supposed “superior pass catching back” is dominating critical touches when his actual production and impact on team results has been dreadful. The Raiders haven’t been the least bit successful in 4 years and neither has he. If you are saying the Raiders have a better chance at success giving him passing down touches over Jacobs, you should be prepared to enjoy another 10-15 years of peril being a Raiders fan.
About context. Richard has had had some fumbles returning punts. Don't try and pretend to know more about a team I watch a lot more than you do. Your'e sarcastic reply over 2 words I typed, that apparently set you off into a tirade of nonsense, shows how little rationality you are putting into this. Watch the football. You sound like Matt Kelley, with your "I don't watch the games" type of comments. Your also insinuating by Jacobs current usage that Gruden, the guy who has helped put him into the offensive rookie of the year lead, doesn't know what he's doing. Your type of ignorance tires me, so I'm just going to tune you out. Have a good life. Dibbles.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 pm

I agree, very frustrating in his passing usage, I’ve watched Richard poach passing targets since I owned Latavius years ago and I’m frankly astonished that he’s now stealing ample targets from Jacobs, I just dont get it. He must frequently run for 50+ yard td’s on dumpoffs in practice because I’ve never in 5+ years seen him turn in an amazing stat line (outside of some pure garbage volume stat lines) - whereas Jacobs continues to wow on both rushing and receiving plays. Definitely worrisome for moving Jacobs to a higher tier.
Because he's a legit 3rd down back. Long time Raiders fan. Richard is the better option on passing downs to Jacobs. It's pretty obvious. He's quicker in the open field, can run wheel routes better, get open and create separation better on shorter routes, when the pass rush is coming. He also has better hands. Jacobs has good hands, but he dropped his only 2 targets last week, and double clutched one tonight that should have been caught cleanly. Don't pretend to know more than the coaches. Jalen is a really good pass catching back. He didn't have 68 receptions for no reason last year. If you had watched last weeks game vs the Lions, you wouldn't be asking why Richard is "poaching" passing targets from Jacobs. It's because he's better at it right now.

I have Jacobs in multiple leagues, but he is playing with a shoulder injury, on a short week, and he fits the team better as a runner, and the way they run their offense. Doesn't mean his role won't eventually expand, Gruden says it will, but look at Chubb last year, to this year. Same with Fournette. Don't move Jacobs up in your ranking at your own peril, but he's a 21 year old Bell cow with a 3 down skill set, but there are situtions where a smaller, quicker, shiftier back with even better receiving skills is still warranted. Especially when Jacobs can get a breather and then break off the winning TD run deep into the 4th quarter, because he still has some juice left. He had 28 carries 4 days ago. Realize context.
Thanks for the advice, I know nothing about football context. I do know however that over his 4 year career, Richard has had 177 targets, 142 receptions, a whopping 1,200 yards receiving, a whopping 3 TD’s receiving, and a healthy 13 fumbles. As a long time Raiders fan, I would guess you’d be cursing the Gods about why this supposed “superior pass catching back” is dominating critical touches when his actual production and impact on team results has been dreadful. The Raiders haven’t been the least bit successful in 4 years and neither has he. If you are saying the Raiders have a better chance at success giving him passing down touches over Jacobs, you should be prepared to enjoy another 10-15 years of peril being a Raiders fan.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 pm

You gave me a good laugh with this. Double posting, too. It's clear to me I am really not interested in any more of you "insight". Have a nice one. You're taking it way too personally and I really feel like you have watched so little of my team compared to me, I just flat out don't agree with your opinion, or the way you are taking it so personally. I'm done.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 am

Double post was accidental, my bad. Just sharing my opinions bro, nothing personal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 am

Dibbles wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 am Double post was accidental, my bad. Just sharing my opinions bro, nothing personal.
Cool. It's late. Had a few, and just came off an emotional high from that win, and just felt maybe you took the "context" thing wrong. I wasn't implying you didn't know football, just the ins and outs of my team, and what's going on. Jacobs is dealing with injuries and the Raiders pass game is really being set up by his running. They've been on the longest road trip over the last month in a half in know history, and now, and 4 days rest, I'm not surprised he's missing out on 3rd and long. Richard really is a good receiver. That play where he took the dump off and made the guy miss to set up the 3rd and 1 TD run for Jacobs was a great example of why they are playing it this way. Richard was really involved on that drive, and Jacobs came in fresh on 3rd and short and drove it down their throats for the TD. I expect Jacobs to be more involved in the passing game eventually, but he's got a ways to go, and he has never had the type of workload he's getting, or played a season this long. It makes sense they manage his load somewhat. Jacobs was a great receiver at Bama, and I expect him to be a 50 plus catch guy at some point, but not yet. There are reasons for it, too. It will come IMO. Have a good night, man. :thumbup:

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 am

Group hug, Raiders fans! Your team has a coach, a QB and one heck of a RB. Enjoy life.

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:17 am

So is this on Mike Williams himself or the playcalling that he barely gets targets now?
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 pm
Dibbles wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 pm

You gave me a good laugh with this. Double posting, too. It's clear to me I am really not interested in any more of you "insight". Have a nice one. You're taking it way too personally and I really feel like you have watched so little of my team compared to me, I just flat out don't agree with your opinion, or the way you are taking it so personally. I'm done.
:eh:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 am

A little perspective is needed with Richard/Jacobs.

Richard is a solid receiving back that led the team with 43 receiving yards. He also is a good blocker and understands defensive schemes.

Jacobs is a rookie that is doing great. Long term he will/should be the full time 3 down back but experience in tight games matter.

Gruden BTW is doing a fantastic job for the Raiders as coach and his player utilization.

Patience is needed with expectations for Jacobs. He is playing at an amazing level for a rookie and is progressing nicely.

The Raiders are fortunate to have both backs and Jacobs looks like sponge that wants to learn and succeed. His future is very bright.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:29 am

gunfrees wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:17 am So is this on Mike Williams himself or the playcalling that he barely gets targets now?
rivers nearly done and with next to no time may be a strong contributor.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:34 am

Some of the times the Raiders choose to use Richard and Washington over Jacobs are confusing, but I have no issue with the amount they are used. I don't want Jacobs worn down by excess touches he's not accustomed to, he's already on pace to easily hit 300 touches.

khaos337
Role Player
Role Player

Postby khaos337 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 am

gunfrees wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:17 am So is this on Mike Williams himself or the playcalling that he barely gets targets now?
Could be the new OC. Only 3 targets per game since he took over. Granted its only 2 games so its a small sample size.
T1

10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB

'19 Champs

QB: Jackson, Kyler, Ben, Winston, McCoy
RB: Fournette, Gurley, Conner, Davis, Michel, Roundtree, Ty'Son, Tony Jones, Freeman. Wilson, Bolden, Sanders, Sermon
WR: Hill, Ridley, M. Williams, Gallup, Parker, Mims, Cephus, B. Edwards, Q. Watkins, Sharpe, C. Wilson, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Everette
K: Bass
Def/ST: NE ARI

T2

10 Team, .5 PPR, Devy, IDP, SF

QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Allen, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Rosen, Haskins, Mariota
RB: Jacobs, Sanders, J. Taylor, Singletary, Guice, Hines, Samuels, Gaskin, Perine, Scott
WR: M. Thomas, AJ Brown, Dionte, C. Samuel, Sutton, D. Samuel, Boykin, Campbell, P. Williams
TE: Hockenson, Herndon, Goedert, Hurst, Fant, Dissly, Thomas
K: Bailey
DL: Hunter, Garrett, Young, A Smith, Golden
LB: Bush, D. Jones, R. Smith, Alexander, Bush, Landry
DB: Peppers, Savage, Thornhill, Simmons, Fuller
TAXI: Stidham, Grier, Hurd, Irv Smith, Sternberger, Isabella, Cephus, J. Chase, Hubbard, Bateman

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:36 am

Question for you Raider fans, is Jacobs “special”? Don’t get me wrong, I love owning him and believe Raiders offense is only going to get better next year ... but I see all these NFL commentators saying he’s special. I’ve watched every game, he’s very good and very smart player ... but I haven’t seen anything special yet. To me special is Barkley, Kamara, CMC and Zeke.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:04 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:36 am Question for you Raider fans, is Jacobs “special”? Don’t get me wrong, I love owning him and believe Raiders offense is only going to get better next year ... but I see all these NFL commentators saying he’s special. I’ve watched every game, he’s very good and very smart player ... but I haven’t seen anything special yet. To me special is Barkley, Kamara, CMC and Zeke.
Not a Raiders fan but own several Jacobs shares. While I agree I'm not quite willing to put him in the same category as the 4 RBs you mentioned, they are the only 4 RBs I would absolutely take over him, with Chubb and Dalvin being the only other 2 I would debate taking over him.

Also, not entirely sure what to make of it, but PFF has Jacobs ranked as the #1 overall RB (yes ahead of CMC) on the year so far.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:06 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:36 am Question for you Raider fans, is Jacobs “special”? Don’t get me wrong, I love owning him and believe Raiders offense is only going to get better next year ... but I see all these NFL commentators saying he’s special. I’ve watched every game, he’s very good and very smart player ... but I haven’t seen anything special yet. To me special is Barkley, Kamara, CMC and Zeke.
Not a Raiders fan but the organization is impressive these days.

Jacob’s stats look really special for a rookie. His play is more Zeke like of those 4 mentioned.

Runs hard , solid vision, falls forward. His pass protection isn’t in Zeke’s class but no back in the league is in Zeke’s class in that regard.

He has the look of a top tier RB 1 in the NFL and in fantasy. He is a back that is the definition of synergy so far.

Time will tell but all arrows pointing up for this player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts