Devin Singletary - Ready to Blast Off!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Devin Singletary

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 am

DJB wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:04 pm Bill's have already told Gore he won't be back. Yeldon could barely crack the lineup.

No question we are adding an RB and I'd love to see one of the big 3 pushing Singletary to backup role.

Either way we are adding an RB to the backfield
Not sure if you're stating your true fan opinion, or just trying to drop singletarys price so you can buy low. Singletary looks great.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am

cantguardjake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 am Singletary is the man, the touchdowns will come. I can think of at least 3 times he nearly scored from 10+ yards out only to be stopped at the 1 with Allen punching it on a hurry up. He’s a machine in the red zone.

He’ll definitely see positive touchdown regression. He was averaging 97 scrimmage yards over his last 9 games including the playoffs, and they rested him in week 17 as the unquestioned lead back - not really sure why people think the Bills are so keen to replace him.
I dont think you mean regression. I'm also not sure why people think that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am

Ice wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:04 am
djeternal2 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10 am
Ice wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:02 am

He only had 4 total TD's last year. His opportunities should increase dramatically this coming season especially in the passing game. Not saying he will lead the league but given his improvement I expect his scoring output to at least double. The Bills should also address their WR group this season which will or should favorably help the running game.

The Bills are not going make their living with just Allen running the ball in all the time but teams will also have to guard against Allen which will provide running lanes for the RB.

Excluding Lamar Jackson, Singletary led the league at 5.13 yards per carry for all players at 150 plus rushing attempts. Against all players with 5 rushing attempts on average per game Singletary was 6th. ( Jackson, Murray, Mostert, Edwards, Pollard)

I think the talent is there to approach M. Ingrim type stats who had 202 carries with 5.03 YPC and 10TD's with a very good running QB that sniped 7 TD's.

IMO 8 TD's would be a 100% increase and a big jump.
Balt also scored 31.9 ppg (1st in the NFL) whereas Buffalo scored 19.6 ppg (23rd in the NFL). So if you are expecting a huge jump for Singletary then you are also expecting a huge scoring jump for Buffalo. I don't see this. They are built to be a defensive/ball control team. I also don't believe Singletary will continue that efficiency as his carries increase.

Also why can't Buffalo make their living running Allen? You have been very outspoken on your love for Lamar and they make their living off of Lamar running. Carolina did the same for years with Cam. This isn't new so why can't Buffalo do it?
A couple of Points.

I actually stated the Bills can't make a living with JUST Allen running the ball into the end zone. If you go back in threads you will also find out that I am very high on Josh Allen.

I see the Bills as an improving team in this league and expect their offense to improve. They do need to add quality at WR but RB is not an area of weakness. Singletary actually played very well last season and I expect him to easily be their lead back this season.

It's obvious to everyone that Lamar made great strides last season and has an MVP to show for it. What is also obvious is that Josh Allen also made big strides last season. He doubled his passing TD output while reducing his Int's. In fact he lowered his int% from 3.8% to 2% which is a massive improvement. I expect Allen to continue improving at his position.

BTW, Both the Ravens and Bills are built for defense. The Bills were 2nd yielding 14.9 PPG and the Ravens were 3rd at 16.9 PPG in the league. Both teams are also ball control teams on offense.

The biggest difference between us may be that I see the Bills ascending and Singletary's role increasing.

Time will tell.
The Bills need to replace Gore. I expect the Bills to draft a bigger back for goal line type work. I don't think Singletary is the best option for a team in this area. I don't think he'll ever be a high TD guy. He doesn't have great speed, and he's too small to be an effective goal line back IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am

Balt also scored 31.9 ppg (1st in the NFL) whereas Buffalo scored 19.6 ppg (23rd in the NFL). So if you are expecting a huge jump for Singletary then you are also expecting a huge scoring jump for Buffalo. I don't see this. They are built to be a defensive/ball control team. I also don't believe Singletary will continue that efficiency as his carries increase.

Also why can't Buffalo make their living running Allen? You have been very outspoken on your love for Lamar and they make their living off of Lamar running. Carolina did the same for years with Cam. This isn't new so why can't Buffalo do it?
A couple of Points.

I actually stated the Bills can't make a living with JUST Allen running the ball into the end zone. If you go back in threads you will also find out that I am very high on Josh Allen.

I see the Bills as an improving team in this league and expect their offense to improve. They do need to add quality at WR but RB is not an area of weakness. Singletary actually played very well last season and I expect him to easily be their lead back this season.

It's obvious to everyone that Lamar made great strides last season and has an MVP to show for it. What is also obvious is that Josh Allen also made big strides last season. He doubled his passing TD output while reducing his Int's. In fact he lowered his int% from 3.8% to 2% which is a massive improvement. I expect Allen to continue improving at his position.

BTW, Both the Ravens and Bills are built for defense. The Bills were 2nd yielding 14.9 PPG and the Ravens were 3rd at 16.9 PPG in the league. Both teams are also ball control teams on offense.

The biggest difference between us may be that I see the Bills ascending and Singletary's role increasing.

Time will tell.
The Bills need to replace Gore. I expect the Bills to draft a bigger back for goal line type work. I don't think Singletary is the best option for a team in this area. I don't think he'll ever be a high TD guy. He doesn't have great speed, and he's too small to be an effective goal line back IMO.
They drafted Singletary to replace gore. If anything they might add a scat back.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:43 am

Ryantacular wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:36 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am The Bills need to replace Gore. I expect the Bills to draft a bigger back for goal line type work. I don't think Singletary is the best option for a team in this area. I don't think he'll ever be a high TD guy. He doesn't have great speed, and he's too small to be an effective goal line back IMO.
They drafted Singletary to replace gore..
they drafted someone to replace a guy they signed one month earlier?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:59 am

A couple of Points.

Time will tell.
He is short at 5'7' but he is also over 200 plus pounds and well built. He does not have blazing speed but he does have very good quickness and burst.

I doubt he is a high TD guy either but the 8-12 TD range with a lot of receptions is certainly not out of the question.

A. Jones and M. Ingrim are under 5'10" and over 200 lbs and had 26 TD's rushing between them. They are not burners either.

The Bills could bring in a bigger back but in the end it will ultimately depend on their system. He did generate 2.4 yards after contact which was top 15. 3.2 led the league. ( Derrick Henry) Ingrim was 10th at 2.6 and A Jones was 21st at 2.2.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:35 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:59 am

A couple of Points.

Time will tell.
He is short at 5'7' but he is also over 200 plus pounds and well built. He does not have blazing speed but he does have very good quickness and burst.

I doubt he is a high TD guy either but the 8-12 TD range with a lot of receptions is certainly not out of the question.

A. Jones and M. Ingrim are under 5'10" and over 200 lbs and had 26 TD's rushing between them. They are not burners either.

The Bills could bring in a bigger back but in the end it will ultimately depend on their system. He did generate 2.4 yards after contact which was top 15. 3.2 led the league. ( Derrick Henry) Ingrim was 10th at 2.6 and A Jones was 21st at 2.2.
The Bills have to bring in another back, that's just my suspicion it will be a bigger back, based on what Gore's role was. They need to replace Gore, so I'm just thinking they draft a guy who plays somewhat like he did, although hopefully better.

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am
cantguardjake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 am Singletary is the man, the touchdowns will come. I can think of at least 3 times he nearly scored from 10+ yards out only to be stopped at the 1 with Allen punching it on a hurry up. He’s a machine in the red zone.

He’ll definitely see positive touchdown regression. He was averaging 97 scrimmage yards over his last 9 games including the playoffs, and they rested him in week 17 as the unquestioned lead back - not really sure why people think the Bills are so keen to replace him.
Oops good catch :lol:

Singletary was a touchdown machine in college but he only had one goal line carry for one touchdown this year. I agree he probably won’t see much goal line work but give him a carry within 10 yards and he’s a threat to score every time he touches it.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm

I don't see them drafting another back until at least the 3rd, unless some really good values falls. Then, McDermott will still take a CB with the pick anyways. I could really see them going Dillon or Moss if they are in that range, which I have seen. I did see a couple mocks with them going Akers, which would also be a decent fit.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:36 am

A couple of Points.

Time will tell.
They drafted Singletary to replace gore. If anything they might add a scat back.
No, I mean they need to roster another RB. They need to replace Gore with another RB. To me a scat back makes no sense. They need a guy that can work the goal line and short yardage.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Friction wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm I don't see them drafting another back until at least the 3rd, unless some really good values falls. Then, McDermott will still take a CB with the pick anyways. I could really see them going Dillon or Moss if they are in that range, which I have seen. I did see a couple mocks with them going Akers, which would also be a decent fit.
Dillon would be a nice addition.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:34 pm
Friction wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm I don't see them drafting another back until at least the 3rd, unless some really good values falls. Then, McDermott will still take a CB with the pick anyways. I could really see them going Dillon or Moss if they are in that range, which I have seen. I did see a couple mocks with them going Akers, which would also be a decent fit.
Dillon would be a nice addition.
He's a guy that Tenn might have their eyes on. Tag Henry and have a similar type guy waiting in the wings with Dillon.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:04 pm

The logic of bringing in a bigger goal line type back makes a lot of sense. However, it makes zero sense for them to spend big draft capital on such a player.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Aldonall
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Aldonall » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Singletary was a touchdown machine in college but he only had one goal line carry for one touchdown this year. I agree he probably won’t see much goal line work but give him a carry within 10 yards and he’s a threat to score every time he touches it.
Nah that’s absolutely what you meant. Regression upwards towards the norm is positive regression
10 Team League: 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2 Flex, 0.5 PPR:

QB: Mahomes, Allen, Minshew
RB: Barkley, Kamara, Akers, Jones
WR: AJB, Chase, Evans, Cooks Juju, Mooney, Davis, Rondale, Marshall Jr.
TE: Pitts, Engram

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Aldonall wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 pm
cantguardjake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Nah that’s absolutely what you meant. Regression upwards towards the norm is positive regression
I thought as such when I wrote it and couldn’t think of what the alternative would be, so nice to know I’m not going crazy :lol: