Keke Coutee - what did thou ever do to thee?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Keke Coutee - what did thou ever do to thee?

Postby raiders444 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:32 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am Coutee reminds me of a lot of young guys that flash then aren't heard from much again. Would be interesting to hear their coach's opinions on why.

Keelan Cole, Chris Givens, Rashard Higgins, Bryce Butler, Tajae Sharpe.
Agree about Cole, also held him at one time. I believe he got into the doghouse after a bad fumble. It's a shame some of these fringe guys only get one chance and if they make a single mistake they drop 3 spots on the depth chart
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:37 am

captain howdy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:55 am At the end of the week 7 game..30 or so seconds left. Texans driving to try to win the game against the colts,.

Deshaun throws a dagger across the middle and hit coutee in the hands. Tough catch, but coutee bobbled it and it went right into the hands of the colts defender.

I just remember thinking, "Damn Coutee."

The colts kneel and win the game.

It can't be a coincidence that he is mysteriously and totally removed from the game plan in the two weeks following that incident
Did not see that, but just watched highlights of that game and saw he made a nifty one handed grab of Deshaun's pitch and took it to the house on the end around. He also had like 13 catches in their playoff game last year. Seems odd he would be on such a short leash after he figured so prominently in game plans when healthy. I remember hearing something from the coach in like week 2 or 3 that indicated he was kind of getting tired of Coutee always being hurt and unable to practice. Maybe they are looking for a guy who is more durable?
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:21 pm

I heard during a broadcast they asked this to O'Brien and he basically said they haven't seen enough consistency from him. Dumb if you ask me. He has good chemistry with Deshaun.

"We talkin bout practice?!?!? PRACTICE!!! Not a game......practice!!!!!!"

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:37 pm

raiders444 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:25 am Anyone out there who closely follows the Texans that can explain how this guy went from instant offense (when healthy) to healthy and in the doghouse? He cost me a win last week and is currently wasting space on my bench if he's locked behind the likes of Deandre Carter and other scout team scrubs/warm bodies
It's got to be the Tenderloins Curse my friend. SMH. I'll go ahead and put through Bo Scaife for Coutee, I'm assuming you'll agree that's a fair trade. :D
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:36 pm

raiders444 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:37 am
captain howdy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:55 am At the end of the week 7 game..30 or so seconds left. Texans driving to try to win the game against the colts,.

Deshaun throws a dagger across the middle and hit coutee in the hands. Tough catch, but coutee bobbled it and it went right into the hands of the colts defender.

I just remember thinking, "Damn Coutee."

The colts kneel and win the game.

It can't be a coincidence that he is mysteriously and totally removed from the game plan in the two weeks following that incident
Did not see that, but just watched highlights of that game and saw he made a nifty one handed grab of Deshaun's pitch and took it to the house on the end around. He also had like 13 catches in their playoff game last year. Seems odd he would be on such a short leash after he figured so prominently in game plans when healthy. I remember hearing something from the coach in like week 2 or 3 that indicated he was kind of getting tired of Coutee always being hurt and unable to practice. Maybe they are looking for a guy who is more durable?
Seems odd?

Perhaps. All I'm pointing out is that the Texans last offensive play before coutee's mysterious and complete disinvolvement was a play where he effectively sealed the Texans loss on a bobble.

He was not doing well this season anyway.

Can't be a coincidence.

Also , nfl coaches lie as much as any non drug addict I've ever had the pleasure of observing

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:20 pm

I picked him up in a few leagues last year and traded for him heavily in the offseason in others. He looked very promising and the replacement guy to have for the inevitable Will Fuller injury every year. This year he sits on my bench and is almost at the droppable stage for me. I'm just holding and hoping he resurrects out of no where sometime before I have to make the ultimate decision on him lol
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Dropped him last week. I'm rebuilding and have so many picks next year I'm looking for big upside guys and I don't think Coutee has it.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:21 pm I heard during a broadcast they asked this to O'Brien and he basically said they haven't seen enough consistency from him. Dumb if you ask me. He has good chemistry with Deshaun.

"We talkin bout practice?!?!? PRACTICE!!! Not a game......practice!!!!!!"
He had 2 games of ten plus receptions in limited action last year. He's 22. I'm holding. If he gets his game together he can be a nice solid PPR guy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm

There was a guy in one of my leagues who traded Kenny Stills away early in the 2019 offseason for Keke Coutee and I thought to myself at the time - thats a good way to move a roster clogger at the time - little did I know Stills would then be moved to Houston and climb past Coutee on the depth chart.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:53 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/c ... umor-mill/

The last time we saw Texans receiver Keke Coutee he was dropping a pass that the Colts intercepted. He has not gotten off the bench in the two weeks since.

They replaced him with DeAndre Carter, who has two catches for 54 yards in the past two games while playing 74 offensive snaps.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien has met with Coutee, making it clear to the second-year receiver he wants to see better attention to detail.

O’Brien said Coutee hasn’t violated any team rules.

“Just talked to him, had a good talk with him,” O’Brien said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “He’ll come back ready to go. It’s a very competitive position. You’ve got to compete. He competes very hard. You’ve got to be very detailed in everything you do on the practice field and he knows that and he’ll come back ready to play.

“He’s not a guy that he can’t help us. He can definitely help us. He’s helped us in the past and he’ll help us in the future. He’s a great guy, works very hard.”

Coutee had a lingering hamstring issue last season as a rookie but still caught 28 passes for 287 yards and a touchdown. The Texans expected more this season.

He has 13 catches for 154 yards and a rushing touchdown in six games this season.

“When he comes to practice just keep working hard, do the right things in the meetings, so moving forward with what your assignments are, really have it down,” Texans receivers coach John Perry said. “It’s always tricky when you’re in and out to really get your assignments down all the time. He’s really going to detail his work moving forward.

“We’re excited. We know he’s helped us in the past and he’s going to help us in the future. I expect him to be ready to go. As he’s needed, he’s going to come through. Every time we’ve asked him to perform he has. We’re excited to have him.”

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:03 pm

I just wish OB would quit the Belichick impression and tell everyone what Coutee did.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:12 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:03 pm I just wish OB would quit the Belichick impression and tell everyone what Coutee did.
Why? What would OB gain by blasting Coutee in public?
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Was just cut in one of my leagues and I picked him up, he'll probably just be a roster space casualty in the offseason though. I have a lot of other better WRs and a lot of picks I'll need to make space for. Hoping he can flash again and I can snag a 3 or something to give me more draft capital to use for trade bait and make some moves on draft day.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:22 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:12 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:03 pm I just wish OB would quit the Belichick impression and tell everyone what Coutee did.
Why? What would OB gain by blasting Coutee in public?
I think there's a gap between "polite explanation" and "public blasting."

Regardless, OB's approach to whatever's going on is both childish and harmful to team interests.

It's childish because when he's asked post-game about how the receiver corps was utilized, he won't even mention Coutee's name, as if he doesn't exist. I remember playing 'games' like this with other kids I didn't like when I was 8 years old.

And worse, it's harmful to team interests to activate a player for game day and deliberately use him on zero snaps (not once, but twice). If OB considers it necessary to discipline Coutee, fine, but OB's approach is to literally waste a gameday active spot on a player he has no intention to use, not even for special-teams. All apparently just to troll the player in question. Houston is an NFL team trying to make the playoffs, and the head-coach is pulling high-school coach disciplinary methods.

An NFL player planned for zero snaps should be inactive on Sunday, period, full stop.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:34 am

Coutee catch and fumble returned for a TD.....good luck in the XFL next year KeKe!